Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
"You go girl!"
rrr_img_52317.jpg

Zaide

TLP Idealist
"the exploiters have logged into 106 different accounts in total. Of these accounts, 86 of them are guilded in The Mystical Order. "

" We brought up the possibility of completely disbanding The Mystical Order. Personally, I find it hard to believe that TMO leadership was not aware or suspicious of this happening"

Gecko_sl

shitlord
"the exploiters have logged into 106 different accounts in total. Of these accounts, 86 of them are guilded in The Mystical Order. "

" We brought up the possibility of completely disbanding The Mystical Order. Personally, I find it hard to believe that TMO leadership was not aware or suspicious of this happening"
Daaaamn.

Achtung

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Holy shit, the specific guys involved are kinda the last people I'd expect, too. This is going to shake the server up a fair bit.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Wow. And here I was wondering what they were up to since I tried to expose their bullshit to the GMs and got my forum account deleted. Haw.

Xasten_sl

shitlord
Wow. And here I was wondering what they were up to since I tried to expose their bullshit to the GMs and got my forum account deleted. Haw.
It was Froovy and Internode. Froovy was extremely well-trusted and he played other people's accounts often. He had 10 or so high level characters himself that he frequently lent out as well. This is a huge shock, and a lot of us are in total disbelief at what he did. Of the 86 accounts banned, approximately 25 would be trackers, mules, and porters. None of the duping occurred on any accounts except Froovy and Internode's.

The only officer that has officially been implicated in any wrongdoing was Fazlazen who ninjalooted an item of Druushk that TMO pulled and killed, but FE got the Xp for which merited them the kill. As mad as it made everyone, the ninjalooting was a really poor move.

The punishment is pretty harsh, but I will stop far short of saying it was undeserved.

Siliconemelons

There also was obviously no time range on the bans, if Froov or node EVER logged on your account- its banned. Xad is banned lol and I havent had anyone ever log on my account in years.

Gatta get IB geared for velious dawgs

I have not been active the past few months so I could not say what really is going on, on p99.. /shrug :p

/popcorn

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Recent Events - Project 1999

To those who said Rogean does nothing about RMT... there you go.
He did do nothing, only two bans(from what I read) and a mild slap on the wrist. This is why p99 continues and always will be a shit show instead of cracking down on exploiting/cheating, they just go "Bad dog!" and walk away to go play Star Wars.

Remember the big MQ/SEQ de-level shit a couple years ago? It didn't matter cause it was a suspension I think and deleveled and it didn't matter one bit. I seriously don't see how someone can gain 86 accounts in one guild without the other parties being in on the cut at least somewhat. If this was PoP+ I could understand since there were flags/bullshit to deal with, but for kunark there is almost no reason to share account info unless you are double boxing which is also a ban worthy action. The server is still a complete joke.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
If they are going to go so far as to perhaps not release raid content. Why don't they just enforce rotations on all old content?

Gecko_sl

shitlord
If they are going to go so far as to perhaps not release raid content. Why don't they just enforce rotations on all old content?
Yep. Until they change the variance + first engaged rules that promote huge poopsocking and alts then they really won't fix the root cause of why P99 is crap for raiding.

That said, this was a very nice move, and I especially think trying to lay down the gauntlet for cockblocking is smart for their small EMU community.

It continues to be an aggravating realization among CSR staff that10% of the server population causes90% of the problems. We are all for competition, but it needs to be fair competition. We are also all here for the same thing, to experience classic Everquest. The same guild monopolizing raid content for 2 years that they might not even need anymore is ridiculous, just to block other guilds from the chance of gearing up to take on the same end game content.

I was thinking to myself the other day and I came to ask myself.. Are we providing this server to give people the arena to compete to such bitter extremes that it has resorted to taking every absolute measure to be victorious, or are we here to provide a classic Everquest experience for everyone to enjoy?

A lot of you make fun of it in your own terms, but it really does come down to fighting over very old content.

Either way, we're tired of the constant bickering, the training, the ninja looting, and all the other bullshit that's going on. So here's what we're going to do.

Starting today and then evaluated when Velious is released the CSR staff will be keeping track of how the raid guilds are treating eachother. If we do not see asignificant improvement in the behavior of the raiding guilds and how they treat eachother,Velious will be released without raid content. To be clear, we want an enjoyable raid scene for everyone, not just one or two guilds. This means working together to figure out a compromise when racing for mobs, and working with smaller guilds to let them have a chance at mobs you don't absolutely need for gearing main characters.

Don't think that this means you can continue shitting on each other and just not petition, the staff will still be watching.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yep. Until they change the variance + first engaged rules that promote huge poopsocking and alts then they really won't fix the root cause of why P99 is crap for raiding.

That said, this was a very nice move, and I especially think trying to lay down the gauntlet for cockblocking is smart for their small EMU community.
What defines raid content though, I wonder. Every mob in ToV depopped? all st key mobs? I'd be interested to see :3

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
It was Froovy and Internode. Froovy was extremely well-trusted and he played other people's accounts often. He had 10 or so high level characters himself that he frequently lent out as well. This is a huge shock, and a lot of us are in total disbelief at what he did. Of the 86 accounts banned, approximately 25 would be trackers, mules, and porters. None of the duping occurred on any accounts except Froovy and Internode's.

The only officer that has officially been implicated in any wrongdoing was Fazlazen who ninjalooted an item of Druushk that TMO pulled and killed, but FE got the Xp for which merited them the kill. As mad as it made everyone, the ninjalooting was a really poor move.

The punishment is pretty harsh, but I will stop far short of saying it was undeserved.
OH GAWD NOT A HUGE SHOCK TO THE EQ EMU COMMUNITY! WHATEVER WILL YOU GUYS DO??!?!??!!? HOW WILL YOU NECKBEARDS EVER RECOVER FROM SUCH A DISASTER?!

Siliconemelons

the 86 accounts count for like 'can you log my alt on so I can rez them' type situations. Rogaine clearly states the accounts actually used for duping are toast...

best post from tmo forums so far 'no one trains tmo, like tmo'

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
It was Froovy and Internode. [...] The only officer that has officially been implicated in any wrongdoing was Fazlazen
The thing is, Xasten, there was always bullshit going on behind the scenes, and the officers knew about it. I'm talking about Faz's bad attitude. Fz's multi boxing. Various other things, like spying on other guilds' forums, even after crying about how horrible it was that IB was spying on TMO's forums. When I saw that TMO members/officers were logging in to some other guild's forums (VD I think it was), and that it was a big joke among the officers, I took it personally. I had put in a lot of hours trying to figure out who was abusing whose account(s) on the TMO forums, on behalf of the same people that were now doing the same shit to other guilds, so... yeah.

In short, there is no defending any of these people. They were morons, they got caught, and a lot of people paid the price. Hell, I can't remember if I ever gave Froovy or Internode my password (or if the wife ever did). Hope not!