Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
make sure you ask Alkorin about the time he merged Evil Empire with TMO and ruined us
frown.png
frown.png
frown.png
^ This is a true story. I'm a horrible, horrible person.

Siliconemelons

Server initiates a raid plan / rotation etc. to help solve the "massive amount of CRS spam petitions" - petitions increase...

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Server initiates a raid plan / rotation etc. to help solve the "massive amount of CRS spam petitions" - petitions increase...
That's because the rotation they have in place is so fucking convoluted that it becomes retarded.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
too much rules lawyering? lets make a new system that requires a PHD to figure out!

axeman_sl

shitlord
Got a craving for classic EQ lately, but none of the servers are remotely clean enough for me to want to play. I really wish someone would open a fresh server (that isn't godawful). Seems like the community really needs it.

Yes, the EE-TMO merger was the worst idea ever. It was even worse than such *brilliant* (and by brilliant I mean fucking stupid) ideas like playing again with members of the Ruin-LoS faction in Rift. At least that blunder indirectly lead to a great MMO situation for me.

Can't say the same for Alk. He blundered his way from a bad situation into a worse situation (TMO on P99).

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
My sarcasm sign may not have actually been visible in the last post, so, here we go again, with less assumption of intelligence this time:

I am not the only one who orchestrated that merger. But yes, it sucked, and I feel bad for my part in it. Rift was standard guild drama for us and while it may have sucked for me and a few others, it worked out fine in the end for most.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was being sarcastic too regarding the EE-TMO merger... who cares. We all quit soon after anyways (well, except for Xasten and maybe one other guy) and for me the merger had absolutely zero to do with it.

Besides, TMO was just an up and comer and underdog back then anyways so it provided some excitement.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
For those of you who don't wanna torrent a 3.7gig client just to nostalgia...
Introducing Trial99 Client.

-Contains only classic-world zones.
-Iksar cannot be created. Don't bother.
-Standard Titanium UI only.
-Client size is449 MBzipped
-Pre-loaded with the latest P1999 patch.
-Completely awesome.
-See P99 forums for modifications such as the spell particles.Project 1999 - Classic Everquest
Have an issue starting the game? Delete EQClient.ini.

How to use:
Place on Desktop.
Use WinRAR or 7-Zip to extract.
Double click on start.bat, login with your EQEmulator account (create one if needed.)
You will not get banned for this at all; it is simply Titanium with p99's patch on it, and un-needed files are removed.

mega.co.nz DOWNLOAD link:MEGA

Someone should probably upload this to TPB if it proves successful on most PCs.
Have an issue starting the game? Delete EQClient.ini.

P99/EQEmu forums will not provide support for this client, so do not ask there, ask here!