Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Siliconemelons

is velious out yet?

I am kinda sad my SK and Bard are sitting collecting dust :-( I really wanted to get my bard 60 before velious but I just don't have the gumption

Roxby

Lord Nagafen Raider
Unrest isn't bad, but you still get the occasional hag popping through the floor and nuking you down, no party on the roof though. Lots of people were there this weekend.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Interestingly enough, the best power leveler I saw was a Monk. You seem like you've been around here a while. Half this board have 60s on P99, so PM someone you know.

Veer away from RMT or paying cash for leveling as I think they keep an eye out for that.
These were mostly the reasons I asked here and didn't go to "other" websites. I know lots of people were playing this back in the day, but since it was on FoH idk who they actually were.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I love this mentality. Ironically I wouldn't doubt im thoroughly more aloft life-wise than you/most and yet I get the lions share of my enjoyment from mmos by conquering end game content and the loot that comes with it.

If you loathe said individuals, then your obviously from the other camp. If so then why do you care? You either don't or you must have a "neck beard" ...

Either way.. That's a sad sad excuse that came around with the wow generation used to try and justify their shortcomings or refusal to rise to the challenge. Cry more.
Dude I played on vulak for 6 months back in 2011, about 3 of them was in eoe, the top guild. I think I know a thing or two about to the people who run with that crowd. I look back at my time during that stint of eq and feel disgusted.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I want to burn some time by playing this. But I dont want to play my Warrior anymore. Anyone planning on playing an alt or similar thats in its low teens that would pair well with a Wizard? I have a Necro as well, but I want to play a Wizard so bad for some reason. Anytime I played a friends Wizard in Fear or Hate > I actually enjoyed it. Go figure. Only time I enjoyed the Necro was when I was playing a friends Necro and was so happy that I could actually solo shit for a change. Both big departures from a Warrior of course. ;P

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
I want to burn some time by playing this. But I dont want to play my Warrior anymore. Anyone planning on playing an alt or similar thats in its low teens that would pair well with a Wizard? I have a Necro as well, but I want to play a Wizard so bad for some reason. Anytime I played a friends Wizard in Fear or Hate > I actually enjoyed it. Go figure. Only time I enjoyed the Necro was when I was playing a friends Necro and was so happy that I could actually solo shit for a change. Both big departures from a Warrior of course. ;P
Wizards pretty much suck in groups, so you'll spend most of your time quad kiting outside of raids. Necros aren't much better, but they at least have group utility in good hands.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
wizards really need an enchanter or a bard in group with them. with no extra mana regen they lag way behind in DPS.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd love to see those DPS god rogues evac the whole group on these 20+ mob chaos trains that are bound to happen given how shitty pathing and roamer warping is on p99...

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
wizards really need an enchanter or a bard in group with them. with no extra mana regen they lag way behind in DPS.
Even with a chanter and a bard they lag way behind on dps. Bard and chanter increase melee dps at least as much as wiz. wiz get evac but so do druid, and druid utility is way better and druid prolly end up doing more dps when thorns etc is considered. Only gets worse in velious when dru get potg as another huge boost to utility. I think they get chloroblast in velious too.

Wiz has some dark days in eq from velious to pop. Velious hp boost ruins the whole burst damage philosophy that casters operated under.

Pizoi

Golden Squire
Ya but the wizard would have been already dead because he tried pressing his 1 button before the mob was at 40% and got summoned and gibbed, so he can't evac either.

Real talk though, I haven't had any fucky pathing or pet warping trains in a few weeks now. Though I haven't been to Unrest either, but that zone was always a shit show.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ya but the wizard would have been already dead because he tried pressing his 1 button before the mob was at 40% and got summoned and gibbed, so he can't evac either.

Real talk though, I haven't had any fucky pathing or pet warping trains in a few weeks now. Though I haven't been to Unrest either, but that zone was always a shit show.
I don't know what kind of shit wizards you play with, but if it looks like a train, sounds like a train and feels like a train, I'm casting evac, not nukes until the last possible moment

Nightmare

Golden Knight of the Realm
It's sad that people think wizards are terrible for groups just because their overall DPS is lower. That isn't the power of a wizard. It's in the ability to make hard mobs disappear quickly and stun the ever living shit out of annoying casters. Not to mention using eye of awesome to get shit done.

Wizards that just sit and AFK 90% of the time in groups have ruined it for the general population on P99.

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
Just curious why a wiz would suck in groups? Love me some Ice Comet.
Groups prefer sustained DPS like rogues or monks. Wizards just burst for a brief time and then have to med for awhile before they're useful again. Doesn't work too well for groups that are chain pulling.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
It's sad that people think wizards are terrible for groups just because their overall DPS is lower. That isn't the power of a wizard. It's in the ability to make hard mobs disappear quickly and stun the ever living shit out of annoying casters. Not to mention using eye of awesome to get shit done.

Wizards that just sit and AFK 90% of the time in groups have ruined it for the general population on P99.
Fighting hard mobs is not conducive to gaining xp at the fastest rate. Grinding blue mobs that are being chain pulled by a monk is.