Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Louis

Trakanon Raider
As far as I can tell he/she doesn't understand how to read logs what so ever. At this point I've come to realize it's almost smarter not to petition, because even if you're in the right she will demand you to leave your camp anyways.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
So.. any of you reach people that can lend me CoS before I can actually camp one on my own?
wink.png

And yeah, petitioning.. waste of time. It's just not objective.

Saw Derugael or whatshisshitface online 2 days ago, should've told him he needs to "let go" some of his staff because they are totally incompetent. Taking sides instead of having an objective point of view is always bad.
That's the kind of stuff that makes me just want to say "fuck it" not play again. And probably lots of other people feel the same way.

And before anyone proceeds to tell me how I should put myself in the Guides shoes, yeah.. been there, 4 1/2 years of Guiding. I think I can put myself into any Guides shoes, any kind of situation, do things better AND not take sides. You don't always make people happy, but having newer players give up because you don't want to displease your uberguild00 is bad for the server. Then you're basically like it's mostly here.

There's very little newer players. All you see is ubertwinks and people getting PL'd left and right.

penalty_sl

shitlord
Anyone who plays this should know by now the staff is complete dogshit. Dont waste your time on p99 unless you're ok with taking it up the ass and being lorded over by shit GMs.

Vardisk_sl

shitlord
Wait... monopolizing all the spawns in an area is against the PNP of the server? What the hell does that even mean? Isn't that the entire point of camping something, to pull all the mobs in the area around it?

Needless

Toe Sucker
on a scale of 1 to fucked, how fucked are you if you just start up and have nothing lol
i'll have to suck some dicks for a fungi zomg

Xasten_sl

shitlord
Wait... monopolizing all the spawns in an area is against the PNP of the server? What the hell does that even mean? Isn't that the entire point of camping something, to pull all the mobs in the area around it?
It generally means (outside of a few zones - OT, SK, etc.) players (mostly bards) cannot take the vast majority of mobs in a zone and keep them tied up. This rarely reaches a level where it requires enforcement. Indoor camps are generally respected and enforced by the rules provided you meet certain specific criteria (you were there first, mob is indoors, you stay in the general area, etc.)

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No, since most campers are now solo level 60s with no need for exp, so the "mobs around it" have no value to them.

Strict raid rules have been put in place with lots of competition killing because as it turned out, having half a dozen guilds competing for vanilla+kunark content is a fuckng nightmare if everything is ruled as FTE. But they wouldn't touch respawn timers or anything, because not classic.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
on a scale of 1 to fucked, how fucked are you if you just start up and have nothing lol
If you think you have to start with a Fungi then you'll be fucked from the beginning. But, If you go to EC and hang around you'll get kitted up nicely with junk people can't sell. You won't be uber but you'll do fine.

Needless

Toe Sucker
If you think you have to start with a Fungi then you'll be fucked from the beginning. But, If you go to EC and hang around you'll get kitted up nicely with junk people can't sell. You won't be uber but you'll do fine.
It was more of a joke, but yeah. I'll probably install that shit up tonight and give it a whirl. Looking at that 40% exp penalty on a bard makes me cringe though... must research what i want to play.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Those exp penalties can be really brutal. If you see me online (anyafriendbadto) send me a tell and I'll throw you some pp.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Exp penalties are super harsh. Having more fun on eqmac alpha atm with 3 people to play with.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I logged out of P99 in off-peak hours once because it was a ghost town for my lower level and I couldnt find a group. I have no idea why, but I dropped into the LootFest server and have been having tons of fun. Lots of interesting custom content. Custom zones and Fable mobs to hunt. It's a nice laid back distraction when nothing else is happening on P99.

You do need to run another EQ folder with a more modern client and custom files though.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Made a bard, busting up some skeletons like a boss.
Hit level 2, TIME TO SING THE SONG OF MY PEOPLE.

name is Monotune

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I just started 3 weeks ago with nothing on rogue which is pretty bad to solo with. You can make loads of money doing bone chips, lightstones, orc scalps shit like that early on. So far i would say that i have spent about 6-7k on gear for my toon (level 39 now) so the money does come in pre 20 after which you can start to hit MM, Sol A those places for drops/gems and vendor shit to sell.

Its hard as everything is so expensive with a well established playerbase who have stockpiles of plat to pimp alts like any older game.

Needless

Toe Sucker
It took me like 4 hours to hit level 4. Jesus christ haha
I don't know if i can do it

Cutting Wakandans for 8 damage while singing the song of my people. Barely surviving the onslaught of a kobold scout in the gloomy area of steamfont mountains. Dreading the day bugglegupp comes rolling in and wrecks my shit.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
This thread is full of bitter ignorant people, always bitching about gm favortism like you know what the fuck youre talking about.

Must be just infuriating for you to know someone got trained in fear while you're grouping at pond in mistmoore.

Server is great, join a class r guild and youll never even see tmo/ib.

40% penalty on a bard isnt even in the same universe as other hybrids when youre swarming 100+ mobs, solo.

Have fun, server is great and you still have plenty of time before velious.

Needless

Toe Sucker
This thread is full of bitter ignorant people, always bitching about gm favortism like you know what the fuck youre talking about.

Must be just infuriating for you to know someone got trained in fear while you're grouping at pond in mistmoore.

Server is great, join a class r guild and youll never even see tmo/ib.

40% penalty on a bard isnt even in the same universe as other hybrids when youre swarming 100+ mobs, solo.

Have fun, server is great and you still have plenty of time before velious.
You have my curiousity at swarming 100+ mobs solo. Perhaps i will just play fairly casually. I'm guessing it all starts picking up once you get through the first 12 or so levels? I mean, i don't really mind the pace all that much, i can pretty much just play P99 and something else at the same time when theres nothing going on or i'm regening or whatever.

I farmed 3 stacks of bone chips and no bitches wanted my bones. God damnit, a bard needs to eat.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Level 1-10 is really brutal if you have no help at all. The first night we started we felt so helpless with no gear, spells, or buffs which led to some really frustrating deaths. The 2 guys I play with hadn't played this game in like 10 years, so I though our chances of continuing on past that night were pretty much 0. They both seemed super annoyed. Woke up the next morning and both of them were on. They were fully sucked in and decided they weren't going to let the game beat them Month later we're all 50+ and I'm really glad we stuck with it.