Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah i'll definitely keep playing it, it's more appealing to me than live is despite the gruelling pace.
I'm gonna hit you up if you're on later broseph, i need to replace this damn short sword* lol

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
Yeah i'll definitely keep playing it, it's more appealing to me than live is despite the gruelling pace.
I'm gonna hit you up if you're on later broseph, i need to replace this damn short sword* lol
Take your stacks of bonechips, go to kaladim and turn them all in to Canloe Nusback (sp?) at the paladin guild, will fly you to level 8 in no time, and get you a full set of leather armor usually. Hit up CB and collect belts and pads after that and youll get to 15 pretty quickly. Or you can sell them to get some pps

Needless

Toe Sucker
I think canloe is the cb belt dude, but i know what quests you're talking about. I suppose i could do that, i was just going to bank on getting some early plat on the bonechips lol

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did they nerf Blackburrow gnoll fangs? That rocketed me up into the late teens. It was still better xp to kill green con (no xp) gnolls, loot their teeth and turn in stacks for huge XP. I do remember someone mentioning it was nerfed in the last month or two, which would suck.

On live as a Barb Warrior, I remember relying on the gnoll fang quest too coming up. It's classic, leave it alone!

You also have Bandit Sashes from the Karanas to hand-in as well.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bone chips go to the first guy on the left side in front of the Paladin guild in Kaladim, 4 at a time. Pay attention to chat, sometimes people turn in less than 3, then you can save Bone chips by "MQing" whatever is missing
smile.png

Needless

Toe Sucker
Oh i know, i use to abuse bone chips and CB belts like a mofo back in the day when leveling an alt lol
I'll just do that, i think i only have 3 stacks but its probably enough to get a decent chunk of exp knocked off

Amenra

Molten Core Raider
Just started an enchanter, names leetsauce if anyone wants to play. I also got a monk named Amunra that I'm leveling in Kurns atm. Hit me up for some groupage!

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
on a scale of 1 to fucked, how fucked are you if you just start up and have nothing lol
i'll have to suck some dicks for a fungi zomg
There is a decent amount of lower level groups, but it can be tough depending on your class. Heck, I'm a cleric and I'm leveling slow as crap. Hard to even buy spells at times. Fair amount of twinked lower levels, especially rogues with their Ragebringers at level 1.

Needless

Toe Sucker
werd, add my bard Monotune, i'll be on later tonight at some point. I'm sticking around Gfay/BB for awhile though~

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
It was more of a joke, but yeah. I'll probably install that shit up tonight and give it a whirl. Looking at that 40% exp penalty on a bard makes me cringe though... must research what i want to play.
Keep in mind, Bards can level faster than any other class with AoE/Swarm kiting, so the penalty for them isn't a huge deal other than groups kind hate grouping with hybrids a lot. That penalty is also removed in Velious.

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
Did they nerf Blackburrow gnoll fangs? That rocketed me up into the late teens. It was still better xp to kill green con (no xp) gnolls, loot their teeth and turn in stacks for huge XP. I do remember someone mentioning it was nerfed in the last month or two, which would suck.

On live as a Barb Warrior, I remember relying on the gnoll fang quest too coming up. It's classic, leave it alone!

You also have Bandit Sashes from the Karanas to hand-in as well.
Yes gnoll fangs were nerfed.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
It took me like 4 hours to hit level 4. Jesus christ haha
I don't know if i can do it

Cutting Wakandans for 8 damage while singing the song of my people. Barely surviving the onslaught of a kobold scout in the gloomy area of steamfont mountains. Dreading the day bugglegupp comes rolling in and wrecks my shit.
I was really spoiled with EQMac because you could always catch a MGB or people were actually really good about throwing you some start up gear and/or plat. Unless there is something established to help out new players or we could get something together to help each other out it is going to be exactly what it was like all those years ago. (Which isn't necessarily a bad thing)

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yes gnoll fangs were nerfed.
Amazing how they ignored the issue for years and despite no new info being revealed about true classic EQ, they now nerfed it due to excessive complaining on the forum. The same shit people accuse professional companies of.

Needless

Toe Sucker
druidbro put thorns on me, that was a quick half level!
Selos time bitches!

Somebody log on and gimme a FS sword or something~ lol

Needless

Toe Sucker
dudes giving at wu sticks yet i cant find a weapon for 20pp for the life of me. Jesus fuck.
day 2. got to level 6.

I shall continue the grind later~

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
Anyone have a character in the mid 20s that would want to duo with my cleric? Preferably Mage, Enchanter, or a twinked melee.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
@Fiyero: My necro is 19 and my warrior is 32. Guess you need to either slow down or fast up. But being in mid20ies, I recommend Highkeep or Mistmoore. Just poke one of the many druids flying around to get you someplace.

@Needless: Oh, for the bard, poke me when I'm online (Elerial/Araminta), I should have some weapons for you in my bank.

Oh and if you're looking for something better than black burrow fangs +exp +money. There's 3 rabid spawns in Qeynos hills. Two wolves and 1 bear. Collect the rabid pelts (they drop 100% of the time) and turn them in 1-4 at a time to the Priestess in the UFO for massive exp, faction and good money (Wolves are level 4 and 5, Bear is 7 or 8), Wolves spawn closer to Qeynos on the western hills, Bear spawns right next on the ridge to black burrow.

Reward for wolf pelts is exp, faction. Bear pelt rewards exp, faction, and a spell scroll or two. Which sell for 2.5pp each. Respawn of the mobs is 6.5minutes. The downside is weight. Diseased wolf pelts at 3.5stones each, Bear is 4 stones.

Anyone know if Wolf-form in Highkeep will make my ikky necro non-kos to guards? Cuz on live, I'm as kos as before in wolf-form.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
If youre not too proud to be given plat hit me up on magitek ill toss the new guys 300pp each, should be enough to help you out and me not go broke doing it lol