Project 2002 - The Age of Al'Kabor - release date 3/21/15

Furst_sl

shitlord
We are excited to announce that Velious will be released upon the completion of a Server-Wide event Friday December 18th at 7pm est.

All zones except for Plane of Mischeif will be available for play. PoM will be released mid-year with the later Velious revamps...Cazic Thule zone, PoHate floor two, and Cazic Thule the god and Dracolich.

We will be doing heavy quest testing right up until launch. The database will be completed next week.

Please keep in mind this is essentially a beta release and there most likely will be the occasional bug. This is why we have the forums and with your help we can make the gameplay as accurate as possible.

Thank you for your continued support!

See you there!

-Boragar
Project 2002 - The Age of Al'Kabor -Release Date 3/20/15* had a typo in the tile >.<

Greetings Traveler,

After much anticipation we are very pleased to announce the launch of Project 2002 - The Age of Al'Kabor. Here at Project 2002 we strive to emulate the best part of Everquest, the Planes of Power. We have a motivated staff with the intention of releasing content in a timely manner to avoid stagnation of the server at all costs.

Project 2002 is about playing in fairness, having fun, and enjoying the quest for pixels. Upon server release, Classic zones will be open. This includes Plane of Hate, Plane of Sky, and Plane of Fear. Since we will emulate Planes of Power to the best of our ability, Plane of Knowledge will be open. Along with PoK, players are allowed the creation of Iksar and Vah Shir. The Beastlord will be a playable class upon release. Cabilis (East and West), Shar Vahl, Field of Bone, and Shadeweavers will be open for those who want to create the Iksar or Vah Shir race.

We understand the need and want for a brand new server that starts from scratch. Project 2002 provides a quality emulated Everquest experience set during the Planes of Power era, based on the open source codebase started by EQMac EMU.

Project 2002 will release content expansions as it is developed and tested and will strive to keep the content accurate per era.

We promote a healthy raid environment with a hands off GM approach. Much like live servers, we will have a Free For All ruleset when it comes to raiding. It will be up to players to mediate or create their own resolutions to disputes. Guides will be available to support players but we strive to have as little CSR intervention as possible. Competition is encouraged, we want to foster a healthy and positive gaming experience for players at all levels. We intend to gauge all GM released content to involve everyone, not just the end game raiding community. We want this to be an equal opportunity server for all players. We expect everyone to act in a civil manner while spending time on Project 2002. Live play nice policy rules will be enforced.

The quest for legacy items is something we take seriously. Watch the p2002 forums for more information on how to find these items in game.

Join Project 2002
Project 2002 Index page

Once you have a forum account made you can use the account creation tool to make a Game Account
Project 2002 Home Page

Future Expansions in development:
Ruins of Kunark
Scars of Velious
Shadows of Luclin
Planes of Power

- Project 2002 - The Age of Al'Kabor Team

The Project 2002 team would like to thank the Takp project team for all their hard work creating a stable server environment. The foundation of code they created allowed for us to focus on the refinement and expansion of content that would not have been possible without their diligent work.

Furst_sl

shitlord
***STEP BY STEP to connect to Project 2002 - the Age of Al'Kabor server***
  • For PC download the files here:PC-Client
  • For OSX download the files here:OSX-Client
  • Register on the forums at:Forums--- Game Account Creation active
  • For PC Users: Run EQW.exe
  • For Mac Users: Edit Launcher Script with your account name and password
  • Adjust eqclient.ini and eqw.ini as you see fit
  • OPTIONAL: VertUI and Powerof Two UI works wonderful here

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
This is exactly why I kept the project open source. If someone is disgruntled and wants to make their own server, all is not lost.

Good luck with your project!

Furst_sl

shitlord
haha sorry doing alot of database work and it airplane in the database. I have updated it

This is exactly why I kept the project open source. If someone is disgruntled and wants to make their own server, all is not lost.

Good luck with your project!
^^^ Cant agree more thanks!

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Who is the tech lead?
Who is on the GM team?
Are you C&Ping the TAKP project database?
Who is in charge of the database and how big is your team?

Who is providing the hosting? how stable is it?

I have mild interest in assisting as a GM but would need some details on the team.

Furst_sl

shitlord
Who is the tech lead?
Who is on the GM team?
Are you C&Ping the TAKP project database?
Who is in charge of the database and how big is your team?

Who is providing the hosting? how stable is it?

I have mild interest in assisting as a GM but would need some details on the team.
If you join the forums and PM Boragar he can give alot more specifics

Our tech lead is a guy named Scott, he works as a Lead Developer for a company so he has a vast knowledge of everything coding.
C&Ping? As far as I know we are using alot of the spawn points from TAKP but we have totally overhauled all the magelo imports they did. Loot feels much more complete, for example research items dropping off the right level range of mobs.

Boragar is leading the database rework but we have bunch of people putting in time, we have 5 or 6 people reworking every classic zone right now and only have a handful left to do before we start on kunark. Our goal is to get kunark started and hopefully mostly completed before launch (tho we will launch classic first, while we put finishing touches on classic)

Fiddlemetimbers has been working on lua work and fixing broken scripts, right now hes working on Epic quests because these take awhile. While helping out with database here and there.

Darkonites - is running the server for us, we have comparable specs to TAKP with more ram and cpu speeds. We do not host it on the p99 server farm tho. He is also helping with the database and has alot of knowledge/parses of later expansions.

Then we have alot of volunteers:
Iance - has been doing a ton of database work, he basically he basically went to database pound and adopted a new pet.
Sworen / Alarti / and a bunch of other friends are going through zone by zone using guidelines Boragar and Lance set. We have really crowd sourced the database work.

But like I said if you want some more details Boragar is the guy to pm on our forums. We would love to add more help GMing the server.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you join the forums and PM Boragar he can give alot more specifics
Sworen/Alarti/ and a bunch of otherfriendsare going through zone by zone using guidelines Boragar and Lance set. We have really crowd sourced the database work.
Pass.

Then we have alot of volunteers:
Iance - has been doing a ton of database work, he basically he basically went to database pound and adopted a new pet.
Sworen/ Alarti / and a bunch of other friends are going through zone by zone using guidelines Boragar and Lance set. We have really crowd sourced the database work.
how can i get in touch with sworen? havent talked to him in 3.5 years

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
If you guys are going to start actively doing research, parsing, and data analysis, then may I suggest some level of collaboration? I don't really care who runs what servers as much as I care about preserving the game and making the emus (all of them) an accurate recreation.

I'm only going to do this for so long. EQ Live will only exist for so long. Time spent duplicating the work done by others is time that could be otherwise spent on more obscure game details.

I got custom parsers that could be used by other people. I could powerlevel characters on EQLive Test they could use to collect data with. I could record game video and/or showEQ windows when certain events are triggered (i.e. 10th ring war) by others. If anybody wants to take up some of my easy to do but time consuming jobs, I would spend more time handling more technical matters like server code.

The amount of duplicated work in the EQ emu community is rather silly. EQ nerds can't get along for whatever reasons.

Troll_sl

shitlord
Because a good amount of them are douchebags that let the little bit of power they get running a server go to their heads.

Furst_sl

shitlord
Speaking for the p2002 team they are more than willing to work together. I know I have already reached out to rob