Project 99 - Green Server announcement

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
This stuff:
cheebs.png

Gave an announcement in game as well as the discord channel. There's not a single thing from Velious in there.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
View attachment 366455

Hope he gets busted for whatever he's doing behind that guise of high morality like every single other staffer there. I don't mean the rumors, I mean the things the community brain trust has busted them on. Hard. Shit I don't do there yet am treated like a big problem or source of big problems. I have a clean fucking whistle and dedicated tons of hours to research and discussions to getting things correct there. As an act of good faith, despite horrible treatment and bias - I led a movement to get the red server back up to over 300 players from like, 5.

If Derubael was allowed to mass ban guild bank accounts and strip them with trades for 6 months without detection, except one incident where a Senior Guide volunteer with access to login data (IP) saw him and platlord in EC tunnel doing a deal on an alt and spoke up and said something, I can only imagine what's being allowed to go on and who is involved.

I wish I had the full accounting of the Derubael bust. It's a good read but lost to time now.

The fact Derubael was busted by a guide never sat well with me. Senior GMs and server staff should have caught that. They didn't. Why?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Well evidenced corruption and now political persecution/science denial..

unknown-21.png

• 1Repost

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
1629196371448.png

200.gif

you're*

Like I said, political sides were chosen. Get woke go broke.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If this is someone here, fix your freaking screen layout. You are wasting almost half the screen with nothing.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Population is less than half of what it used to be and fading.

Hope the donation money to put the finger on the balance of power scale was worth it.

3 boxes in a row is enough for those who still might have believed otherwise or kept faith in an honest staff.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Reminder: I have always been correct when accusing them. Always. Because I never do so without perfectly good reason. Do not play any future boxes of the Rogean Technologies. He was an MQ compiling scum on Combine server and is a corrupt administrator who rides the coat tails of Brad's success to make illegal profits.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Reminder: I have always been correct when accusing them. Always. Because I never do so without perfectly good reason. Do not play any future boxes of the Rogean Technologies. He was an MQ compiling scum on Combine server and is a corrupt administrator who rides the coat tails of Brad's success to make illegal profits.

Additionally Project1999 is a registered non-profit in the state of Massachusetts that pays a salary to Rogean and it's employees.

Project1999 grossed between 90,000 USD and 110,000 USD in it's two biggest years back-to-back. These filings are publicly available.

God knows how much additional Platlord money he's rolling in since they "got RMT under control"

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Weekly reminder GM Derubael was caught by a new volunteer staff member and not anyone from the administrative side of Project1999.

Some new jack had to detect and clean up one of Rogean's GM hires.

What does that say about his discretion and judgement in selecting server staff?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I've never made a false accusation of corruption.

These content changes and rooted dragons prove they've gotten bold despite being caught over and over.

This time they've moved to silence me again for 'sexism' and haven't realized one of the worst things they can do is move discussions into areas they have no control over.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Additionally Project1999 is a registered non-profit in the state of Massachusetts that pays a salary to Rogean and it's employees.

Project1999 grossed between 90,000 USD and 110,000 USD in it's two biggest years back-to-back. These filings are publicly available.

God knows how much additional Platlord money he's rolling in since they "got RMT under control"
It's a small number of people giving large donations.

Surprised by anything strange happening content wise or on the raid scene? Anyone?

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member

Can you post the FEIN (Fed Tax ID) or AG Account number of his org?

I looked it up here and that seems like nonsense.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I've seen the state paperwork myself and it's definitely around. Just ask Rogean for it. I've never seen any federal filing so I don't know how he does all that. Just because you declare yourself non-profit within a state doesn't mean anything federally from the little research I did on that, you can probably confirm that with a CPA or tax lawyer.

It's been several years since P99 saw that kind of support though.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Derubael made 10,000 USD ? No, that was corrected by Sirken's own skype logs. Derubael made 17,000 USD and that was in under 3 months. Not a bad lick.

S Secrets Is it possible P99's anti-cheat is providing MAC/ Machine ID to the p99 project? They seem to have a way to identify individuals months later, it's definitely not by IP address that they make these busts. Rogean refuses to comment on the nature of the anti-cheat when asked.

I'd guess it's not just calling process headers, it's also giving more information.

For example, Ephi was actually working alongside Derubael to RMT, strip, transfer, and conceal millions of platinum. And it was actually a guide catching Ephi logging into other peoples accounts that caught the attention initially. Ephi was seen (through the boxing-IP-tooltip thing they use to track IPs and mac addresses) They saw Ephi's MAC address logged into a random player, and the guide was like huh??? The guide described it like seeing a ghost. I guess the tooltip doesn't log anything, its merely there to be accessed if they want to check if you're boxing. If you have seen a screenshot of the boxing tool they use, then you know what I mean. The Guide literally just happened to be checking for boxers and poking around when he discovered Ephi (removed from staff months earlier) doing weird stuff.

Sirken went out of his way to mention that catching Ephi was a total coincidence, and may have never happened if the guide didn't randomly look at his screen at the right time, or had he not been logged in at the time Ephi was doing the transfer.

Rogean/Sirk/nilbog then opened a full investigation, which led to them discovering Derubael's activities secondary to what Ephi was doing (apparently alongside Derubael with both of them colluding together, was the implication)

Ephi was confirmed to be selling plat directly to platlord to the tune of 5 million plat per transfer.

Shout out to Ephi-- guy was a fucking legend. But who was he really?

ismaris

Silver Knight of the Realm
Red99 was hella fun for a bit there. Too bad. Would be sweet if we could gank the P99 codebase and split their pop...

Last edited:
  • 1Like

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
Red99 was hella fun for a bit there. Too bad. Would be sweet if we could rank the P99 codebase and split their pop...
red99 was some of most fun eq i've had

personally i'd like to see takp's source (once opened) turned into a rallos ruleset PoP off the bat server. i used to stand up takp when it was open source - it's got some quirks compared to eqemu but im sure they've made some improvements since

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
S Secrets Is it possible P99's anti-cheat is providing MAC/ Machine ID to the p99 project? They seem to have a way to identify individuals months later, it's definitely not by IP address that they make these busts. Rogean refuses to comment on the nature of the anti-cheat when asked.

Yeah, it probably logs MAC or NIC info. That info isn't personally identifiable beyond the scope of you being logged into the game, though.

MAC addresses can be spoofed, so no PII there.

Local network interfaces can provide info about if the client is running on the same LAN. Mostly would be used for boxing. Hell, I'd do it, and Daybreak does worse.

As someone like in P99's position, you could possibly use those interfaces to query routing tables, or to query an external server (like the same one you're connected to on p99) to send your external IP for each one of those interfaces. So even if you're not connected to the game using one NIC, and are using a VPN for another, that would be a great way to find out who's boxing.

Also, P99 does not collect window titles to identify users. They look for specific programs that are queried by GMs on demand, or if they're prepping a ban wave, they may just do it once as opposed to every time you zone to a new area (like I did).

You won't be able to find that information just running the game normally, so modifying the client via injection techniques is almost always needed to track boxers.

People are stupid and think they can get away with anything, so it's best to keep detection one step ahead of everyone. But you certainly don't need to take the extreme I did on classless to catch people cheating. I found that after I digged for information on who would be brazen enough to cheat, and turns out, most are intimidated and don't bother to cheat.

• 1Like