Project 99 - Green Server announcement

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
The stuns from behind are still a feature on Live servers today. A lot of this stuff is easy to prove because it still exists. Those stuns are 3 seconds in duration and I parsed the stun chance at around 13% so they occur very frequently. Easily found in old logs because bash stuns are only 2 seconds.

Stuns are easy to implement but stuff like stamina changes which require client hacks are not. Often it's not just a willingness that is required but the technical challenge prevents it. Not having source code to the client makes client alterations extremely difficult and I'm always impressed when P99 or TAKP devs manage it.

Also these projects are unpaid jobs so often us devs just don't want to (or can't) devote further time to it. There will always be a never ending list of minor fixable inaccuracies but at some point we're just going to do something else with our lives.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
With how stamina works anyways, if you have at least 100 STA (easily obtainable in most eras with small amounts of gear) you'll bypass the stamina penalty anyways. It only applies to weapons based on weight when you're below 100 STA.

You also lose AGI and DEX while sub-100 stamina and depleted.

This post is a great wrap up of what it did:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
The swimming and run speed changes when u gas out are great. It impacts the early game on a fresh roll up more than the late. Many casters will also struggle in a very immersive way with it if they are jump spammers.

People that I know had over 90 stam would ask for acumen to pair with their VoG all the time on live.

About the implementation tho, it was basically done and needed tweaking then ripped out because of bitching about it. Put it back for green 2.0 and we can crowd source research and the tweaks for it.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
EQ is interesting in that the early game is so much different than the late game. Stats actually do a lot at early levels. Agility provides a large avoidance bonus and particularly at the 75th point. Ogres and Trolls have a massive starting game advantage from strength, and Erudites kind of get rekt. The early game also has a large combat range hate bonus, so casters can just nuke away at level 8 and I recall wizards KSing us easily back in March 1999, and this is why warriors could actually function without proc weapons. But in the 30s that proximity aggro is much less and the hate generation of hybrid aggro spells (stuns, snares etc) are still low because it scales to mob HP, so the mid-game is actually the hardest in terms of aggro management. (also heal aggro is capped, making it even less of a problem in the late game)

The systems Sony designed just didn't scale well and this makes some sense because they were not planning on making any expansions for the game at all; and even after they started making them, they kept assuming that it would be the final one. Complete Heal is the best example of this lack of forethought, but if you think about it you see other indicators of it, like how Sony used the best robe graphics for seemingly trivial content like FBR and oracle robe.

• 2Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Biggest wrekt on Erudite fresh (I'm talking fresh fresh) start is no one having bind and leveling in black burrow with the Antonicans training it.

I love complete heal chains as mechanic with patch calls needed to cover gaps.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Biggest wrekt on Erudite fresh (I'm talking fresh fresh) start is no one having bind and leveling in black burrow with the Antonicans training it.

That’s what you get for leveling in Blackburrow instead of Kerra Ridge.

• 1Like

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member

Evil erudites start in the hut, too, which is the fucking worst, at least until Paineel comes in with the Hole.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
That’s what you get for leveling in Blackburrow instead of Kerra Ridge.

That zone is filled with shaman mobs and oddly placed reds as u go up. I went there first, no one dared do it I guess.

• 2Like

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Ding level 60!
4ySt.gif

• 1Like

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone ever find a lasting workaround for the device reset issue that crashes the game? I run it in compatibility mode, as admin. I've tried WinEQ. Everything. That shit just will not go away and no on seems to have a good workaround.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Guild Jugg farming tonight, and I scored Torpor! I never realized it only costs 200 mana. Fucking ridiculous. lol

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Torpor amazing for sure.

Got my warrior up to 51 now, up for groups if anybody needs. Will be on Elcaro or Tohnee.

• 1Like

Flattop

Trakanon Raider
Anyone still play on Blue? Trying to finish my Greenmist (finished the lord of pain's khukri finally). 60 wiz (Krolo) and 56 sk (Rhodok) lfg!

Last edited:

Araxen

Bristlebane RIP... Guise... Phara Dar Robe(which I have on live) rolled on. Plus some other stuff....This is on green.
Kup04PR.png

Nick

Trakanon Raider
Anyone ever find a lasting workaround for the device reset issue that crashes the game? I run it in compatibility mode, as admin. I've tried WinEQ. Everything. That shit just will not go away and no on seems to have a good workaround.

Download the DGVoodoo shader. Works like a charm.

Download - https://github.com/dege-diosg/dgVoodoo2/releases/download/v2.79.3/dgVoodoo2_79_3.zip

- Extract files wherever
- Copy the 4 DLL files from dgVoodoo2_79_3\MS\x86 folder to the base EverQuest directory (i.e. C:\EverQuest)
- Run the game, make sure you see the dgVoodoo watermark in the bottom right to confirm that it is working
- Close the game
- Run dgVoodooCpl.exe --> Click the DirectX tab --> Under Miscellaneous, Uncheck "dgVoodoo Watermark" (if this doesn't work, make sure you are using the right dgVoodooCpl.exe -- there are at least two of them in the zip I believe)

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Download the DGVoodoo shader. Works like a charm.

Download - https://github.com/dege-diosg/dgVoodoo2/releases/download/v2.79.3/dgVoodoo2_79_3.zip

- Extract files wherever
- Copy the 4 DLL files from dgVoodoo2_79_3\MS\x86 folder to the base EverQuest directory (i.e. C:\EverQuest)
- Run the game, make sure you see the dgVoodoo watermark in the bottom right to confirm that it is working
- Close the game
- Run dgVoodooCpl.exe --> Click the DirectX tab --> Under Miscellaneous, Uncheck "dgVoodoo Watermark" (if this doesn't work, make sure you are using the right dgVoodooCpl.exe -- there are at least two of them in the zip I believe)
Worked like a god damn charm. You are a saint. That shit was driving me nuts.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
This is the late stage extra innings Velious

Need fresh green per timeline, stamina mechanics, with small light sources adjusted down + classic bard stacking

Go after bolts and forced marble UI/texture files for the third iteration

At the end of the day they should be able to point to this project and be like yes, this is an emulation of classic everquest

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Araxen

Why is Vindicator the bellwether for the P99 Draft? I would think it would be the AoW. I say this as my leveling guild killed him this week with Bvellos ending up being the main tank because all the other tanks died. lol