Project 99 - Green Server announcement

gLobal

Trakanon Raider
Anyone know a good way to Alt+Tab without completely messing up the interface?

I have multiple monitors and clicked outside of the game window, and now the mouse will not work in-game unless I close and relaunch.

Alt+Enter makes it full screen, but clicking anywhere just minimizes the game. I think I read somewhere that they wanted the window to emulate the original behavior?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Anyone know a good way to Alt+Tab without completely messing up the interface?

I have multiple monitors and clicked outside of the game window, and now the mouse will not work in-game unless I close and relaunch.

Alt+Enter makes it full screen, but clicking anywhere just minimizes the game. I think I read somewhere that they wanted the window to emulate the original behavior?

Play in windowed mode?

gLobal

Trakanon Raider
Play in windowed mode?

Unfortunately my desktop resolution is 4k, and windowed mode (even maxed) makes it difficult. Was hoping to play fullscreen, and Alt+Tab in/out of the program as needed.

gLobal

Trakanon Raider
Unfortunately my desktop resolution is 4k, and windowed mode (even maxed) makes it difficult. Was hoping to play fullscreen, and Alt+Tab in/out of the program as needed.

For some reason it works now. Some combination of UI settings, compatibility options, and relaunching a few times. /shrug... Guess it IS a pretty classic experience battling the UI!

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Anybody else getting hitching/micro freezes/sutters with this client? It's really depressing my desire to play here. Tried two different machines and fresh Titanium install.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Anybody else getting hitching/micro freezes/sutters with this client? It's really depressing my desire to play here. Tried two different machines and fresh Titanium install.

Delete eqclient.ini and see what happens, saw some other people talking about something similar

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Qeynos newbie yard has a reasonable amount of people at 7am. A lot for sure, but not an unreasonable excess haha. In game name is Madriax if anyone wants to meet up. Almost level 2.

Dalven

Saor Alba
<Donor>
I've rolled myself up a master race wizard - much easier to find mobs this morning compared to last night. I ended up doing the entirety of level two off a single decaying gnome skeleton's spawn spot that I found tucked away in a corner.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I think we got out a bit ahead. I heard it was bad trying to find stuff to fight? We got into blackburrow first and then out into karana and after that it gets a bit fuzzy.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
was pretty classic yesterday, groups of noobs in rags trying to make their way in the world. They increased noob yard spawns but had the foresight to tone down the easy xp quests to compensate. So people who thought they were gonna farm fast respawn skeletons for ez bone chip xp got trolled hard.

They are faithfully following the 1999 patch timeline, the Magicians are in for one hell of a surprise when they hit level 24 tee hee hee.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Qeynos newbie yard has a reasonable amount of people at 7am. A lot for sure, but not an unreasonable excess haha. In game name is Madriax if anyone wants to meet up. Almost level 2.

Okay, between when I logged in at 6:30am and when I logged off at 8:15am, the population went from 650 to 1000 or so. And the Qeynos newbie zone went from manageable to chaos in that same period. Now at noon it's 2000 according to the splash page counter.

I'm going to play the Magic the Gathering Arena Brawl launch event this weekend instead and try again on Monday.

• 1Solidarity

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
was pretty classic yesterday, groups of noobs in rags trying to make their way in the world. They increased noob yard spawns but had the foresight to tone down the easy xp quests to compensate. So people who thought they were gonna farm fast respawn skeletons for ez bone chip xp got trolled hard.

They are faithfully following the 1999 patch timeline, the Magicians are in for one hell of a surprise when they hit level 24 tee hee hee.

Yeah, except for that whole quest xp nerf. So adamant about the server being 100% faithful to the way things were when it suits them, including having god awful UI, shit XP and gamma but just like the TLPs, taking out 99% of the quests in the game of everQUEST. Why the fuck would you even turn in crushbone belts or pads 2 zones away for a couple silver when you could just sell them to a vendor for the same return? Stupid.

Just like I thought when I was deciding to play this server or not, they went out of their way to make the game less fun in every single way possible and people flock to this shit like having your ass hurt for a couple weeks to hit 50 is some accomplishment, I guess it will have to be because that's the only accomplishment I can see in the server.

The only decent change they did was the /claim feature but once again, when the entire basis is "the way it was" and you just add or remove things whenever you feel like it, what's the fucking point?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
We were questing in Qeynos, it looks like a bug that disabled xp. The quests worked for a bit then shut off. It was almost like there was a limit on the turnins? I dunno.

Gnoll fangs and bandit sashes were still working late last night. I got 11 of sash turnins.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
They really did a good job with the Qeynos area. There seems to be alot of npcs and little events that don't happen on TLP. Feels more authentic, though I couldn't really tell you if it was. My memory is full of holes.