Project Quarm - 1 Box Planes of Power

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Can still find all the old EQAtlas maps online!
At this point, I think these classic emu servers are whats keeping those sites alive anyways. I only ever needed maps inside of places like Freeport. "Go talk to the Smithy in the Merchant District"... motherfucker, where is the merchant district? ffs

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
The Erollisi Week Event is now live!

Erollisi Marr has temporarily broken free of the Plane of Love, and has sent Priests of Order to ordain Norrathians in marriage.
Couples from all across the land have gathered to partake in their own marriage ceremony. Seek out the Priest of Order in the East Commonlands Tunnel to begin the process!

To marry another player, first, you'll need to set up your family surname with the Priest of Order. Surnames are subject to normal restrictions, except for level requirements.
The Priest of Order will then require the name of the person who is to take your hand in marriage. There are no level requirements on being married together.

They must be in the same zone as you, and upon their identical family name confirmation and vows of the name, you'll be married together... for at least the next week, at least, while Erollisi holds Her grasp over Norrath's mortal plane.

Marrying someone will provide a 20% experience bonus to all group experience while adventuring together in a group. This bonus isn't stackable, and applies to the individual, similar to how race and class bonuses apply. This bonus will be active for the duration of the event. When you are earning experience due to the bonus, you will receive a message in chat - "You receive a bonus! (Partner)"

To recap, the steps are:
  1. Set your temporary surname via the Priest of Order.
  2. Say your partner's name to the Priest of Order.
  3. Have your partner set their surname to your surname via the Priest of Order.
  4. Have your partner say your name to the Priest of Order.
  5. Congrats! You're married.
NOTE: You can say 'reset' to the Priest of Order, as long as you are not married yet, to reset your pending surname.

This will last for approximately 2 weeks from Valentine's Day, despite being the Erollisi Week event.

Last edited:

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Only for level 20 plus =[ o well

On a side note, can you shed some light on dext? Does it affect spell crit rates or dual wield proc chances?
This isn't the case. You can make fresh 1s and get married. I updated the notes (reddit had the updated info already)

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
This isn't the case. You can make fresh 1s and get married. I updated the notes (reddit had the updated info already)
Ah ok cuz when I read the notes it said subject to normal requirements. Oh and any answer to the 2nd part of my post? :x

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
FYI: We've also enabled a 5% global experience bonus for the duration of the event. This stacks with the marriage component of the event.

Enjoy!

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Dex does increase wizard innate crit chance, but not AA crits. Dex and Int both increase wizard innate crit chance by an equal amount.

Dual wield chance is entirely skill and level based.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Dex does increase wizard innate crit chance, but not AA crits. Dex and Int both increase wizard innate crit chance by an equal amount.

Dual wield chance is entirely skill and level based.
Having read up quite a bit on this it's basically 100% certain that this is false and Secrets confirming it is just the final nail in the coffin.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Having read up quite a bit on this it's basically 100% certain that this is false and Secrets confirming it is just the final nail in the coffin.
I mean takp is open source and T Torrid is a Dev there. I have to assume he knows in this case... For the takp codebase at least

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I was wrong. Torven (Torrid here on these forums) is correct:

This is also the case on Quarm. Wasn't even aware this was a thing!

With 255 INT and DEX, this would add a bonus of 0.0287 in the code:

Code:
        double wizCritChance = :emoji_nose:std::min(GetINT(), 255) + std::min(GetDEX(), 255)) / 2.0) + 32.0) / 10000.0;
        bool critSuccess = zone->random.Roll(wizCritChance);