It's always amusing when people tell me I'm wrong about something I wrote
1708212605042.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
It's always amusing when people tell me I'm wrong about something I wrote
View attachment 515047
Lol my bad I just digged through a lot of old forums where it was basically unanimously agreed to be a myth. No public parse data exists to confirm it was actually like this on live tho so I wonder if it's unique to takp.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
S Secrets Listened to your Dramaquest episode, was a good time. I really liked the idea of de-making TSS and I hope you give that a try. I think SoF could also be de-made (and like TSS would fill in a lot of the classic world's map). Would definitely focus on those two as future projects. TSS at level 65 would work pretty well, going by Vaniki where it was largely quite doable. Would just need to compensate for spell resists (Vaniki obviously messed with those) and the cure spells needed for Lethar that aren't available yet at 65. SoF would be more work for sure but I think it'd be worth it. Always kinda thought Kerafyrm should have been the final boss of the game.

Other zones that might be interesting projects, but would have to be made from scratch:

Antonica
-Unkempt Woods
-The Northland
-The Frigid Plain (I'd really like to see these northern zones actually exist, the Everfrost/Permafrost part of the game is really memorable and needs more to it)
-Winter's Deep
-The Hatchland (A whole expansion could be made out of just the northern reaches of Antonica, really)
-Greenblood River (this could be a Stranglethorn Vale type troll land)
-Clan Deathfist (west of Oasis is a huge unused part of the map that seems like where a mid-level Crushbone-type dungeon was supposed to go for the Deathfist orcs)

Faydwer
-Ranthok's Ridge
-Wayunder Lake (wayunder what? What's lurking in there?)

Odus:
-Whatever Underfoot zone would be off of The Hole
-The Vasty Deep
-The Grand Plateau
-Barren Coast (repurposed from TBS...would be great to see this zone actually have some purpose besides just a flyover to get to that expansion. I'd give it the red sky that TBS started out with on live)

There are a bunch of unused lakes on the map, but I don't know how much can be done with those. Vasty Deep is probably the most interesting, due to it being in an underutilized part of the world and (IIRC) having some lore connections to Qeynos and Erudin. Also Winter's Deep, due to being another northern zone and the bridge between the Everfrost region and the Lavastorm region.

Oh yeah, there's also a structure on the map between Wayunder Lake and Ranthok's Ridge. Not sure what that's supposed to represent:

1708516532479.png

It's probably Castle Mistmoore, but I don't think we know for sure and it could be something else. Interesting things could probably be done with that whole area as part of an SoF de-make perhaps.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
So, for the Quarm holdouts that haven't seen yet... a community member named Salty (no, not THAT Salty. I made sure) made an extension/addon named Zeal that vastly improves the mouselook, adds cycle through nearest targets (PC/NPC), adds a mana EQType to the UI, and more.

The full list of features are below.
The program is also open source on Github, located here:

Commands
/autoinventory [takes whats on your cursor and inventories it]
/hidecorpse looted [hides a corpse after you have looted it]
/smoothing [toggles zeals mouse look smoothing methods]
/camp [auto sits]
/sll [shows you your current loot lockouts on quarm]
/help zeal [shows the custom zeal commands]

Binds
Cycle through nearest NPCs
Cycle through nearest PCs
Strafe Right
Strafe Left
Auto Inventory

Gauge Types
23 EXP Per Hour

Label Types
80 Mana/Max Mana
81 Exp Per Hour Percentage

• 2Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So, for the Quarm holdouts that haven't seen yet... a community member named Salty (no, not THAT Salty. I made sure) made an extension/addon named Zeal that vastly improves the mouselook, adds cycle through nearest targets (PC/NPC), adds a mana EQType to the UI, and more.

Thats part of the problem, sure. But unless I missed some news, Im still not neutering my 4090 just to play EverQuest.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Thats part of the problem, sure. But unless I missed some news, Im still not neutering my 4090 just to play EverQuest.
dgvoodoo works fine and allows you to use your 4090 w/ everquest.
We also fixed the issue with higher speed AMD CPUs.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider

Looks great but how about scrolling with the mouse wheel to enter/exit 1st person? Didn't really show that in the video.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Looks great but how about scrolling with the mouse wheel to enter/exit 1st person? Didn't really show that in the video.
I'll ask the mod's creator if they can improve it. Attached video:

• 2Like

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
thats cool but should it be a part of the quarm official dll. shouldnt you have some type of key exchange so people arent using a modified dll. not saying any of the stuff in this is game breaking but clearly this is demonstrating someone can have unofficial functionality in their client only

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
thats cool but should it be a part of the quarm official dll. shouldnt you have some type of key exchange so people arent using a modified dll. not saying any of the stuff in this is game breaking but clearly this is demonstrating someone can have unofficial functionality in their client only
That's been the case since the server launch. We've banned double digit players for cheating since launch. Most are respectful. Those that aren't are forcibly removed.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
We will be performing server downtime today at 2pm to release Patch 1.6, as well as introduce some 'fun' elements to the game. Estimated downtime is 1 hour.

***Welcome to the Ruins of Old Paineel, also known as The Hole! ***

This zone is being released ahead of Kunark, which is a major departure of EQ's original timeline.
It's our team's personal opinion that the items contained within The Hole aren't significantly powerful, and that releasing The Hole early is quite a treat for folks who are historically used to having to play it in Kunark.

* Most Epic NPCs will be disabled in The Hole ahead of Kunark. Please expect any Epic items that have snuck past our grasp to disappear at some point before Kunark.
* Master Yael is considered a raid target, as is Nortlav the Scalekeeper. Nortlav will spawn in Kunark.
* The Hole (Instanced) has appeared, and the book location will be in its normal location for those familiar with official EQ's Time-Locked Progression servers.
* The Hole (Instanced) is subject to other instanced zone experience penalties.
* The respawn time on The Hole (Instanced) is 18 hours across the board, except for Nortlav the Scalekeeper and Master Yael, who are 2d 18h respawns and are subject to loot lockout for the same duration. Loot can drop in The Hole.
* Most Kunark epic NPCs will be reduced to 15 minute respawn time in The Hole, or spawn more frequently in some way, shape or form.
* Rock golems are notably absent until Kunark.
* The Imbued Granite Spaulders are restricted to Kunark for drops due to their power within the era; however, Druzzil may have moved them to another, alternate timeline until Kunark...
* The undead still wander the caverns of the Ruins of Old Paineel at their original strength. Beware!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
OK ive been away for 2 weeks, who can explain the drama that "cannot be spoken of" in regards to a factions name being changed?

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
OK ive been away for 2 weeks, who can explain the drama that "cannot be spoken of" in regards to a factions name being changed?

Someone made a joke post on Reddit. I'm not sure what was actually changed in game.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users
secrets.png

From what I was able to piece together:
  1. players girlfriend upset that gypsies were in game
  2. player asked to have them removed
  3. player got bullied in discord for the suggestion
  4. player had a breakdown
  5. a staff member called secrets a hypocrite for not taking action, so secrets felt compelled to. there was a long post that more or less said it is their duty to protect all players
  6. all posts deleted
  7. bunch of people banned, NPCs/factions/items changed in game, another long post from secrets on the topic. key message "don't fuck with me on racist shit"
  8. many more posts deleted (including post from 7 and 5)
  9. some people unbanned because they offered an apology? not really sure, hard to get a real pulse on where this whole thing landed
Probably missed a ton but that is what I saw periodically checking in during work. Lots of posts kept getting made by staff and deleted so it was hard to keep up.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Worf

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
Just the recently I was called a barbarian for eating meat barehanded, without utensil or plate. It's so hard to hold the tears back; my people have infamously hunted and gathered north of the empire.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users