Project Quarm - 1 Box Planes of Power

forehead

Trakanon Raider
Well shit, that sounds like fun. Just a normal day in EQ and then BAM illusion item events.

Guess it's time to check this out.
People bitched and they took away the AoNs lol
IMG_2770.jpeg

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I drank too much today while watching F1 so I think I will install this to game-away my hangover.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yeah fuck the haters, got to show up to play. Random events are random, if you want to make it so then so be it. Those that are jealous will be loud and negative but fuck em.

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Is there a ini setting for mouse sensitivity I'm not seeing? I need to go about 10x lower than the minimum.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Saw this on the discord, helps!
image (10).png

Vertical is still about 50x more sensitive than horizontal though
castor.png

This gets me perfect mouselook, but then the mouse becomes useless for everything else. I might see if I can find a way to trigger it with right mouse held or a hotkey or something.

Bleh the macro stuff is extremely limited. All you can do is some basic click button-> other buttons. No way to assign functionality to down and up separately.

Last edited:

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Saw this on the discord, helps!
View attachment 494272
Vertical is still about 50x more sensitive than horizontal thoughView attachment 494273
This gets me perfect mouselook, but then the mouse becomes useless for everything else. I might see if I can find a way to trigger it with right mouse held or a hotkey or something.

Does the client function better with Windows 7 compatibility? I had it on Windows XP SP2, although didn't notice a huge difference.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Can't imagine today's crowd dealing with the real GM event rewards

Have a dwarf event, hand out a butcher block hammer. Fuck em.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Does the client function better with Windows 7 compatibility? I had it on Windows XP SP2, although didn't notice a huge difference.
I didn't notice anything really. The DPI thing helped, but I'm still fighting the mouse software.

What I wanted was a way to switch to profile 2 when I hold right mouse. Profile 2 has 1/10th Y dpi.

I settled on having my "back" button on the side roll profiles so I could just tap that when I mouselook.

But I made the mistake of updating firmware and going to new software. The new stuff is broken as hell and the profiles get sticky and glitch out constantly. Going to try to go back to the old or maybe seeing if I can write my own.

Maybe a background process that detects mouse down/up and sets dpi if such a thing is possible.

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Hmm I can hook mouse events but there's no way to change mouse stuff other than a generic "speed" value, which is x and y both.

I'd have to find some way to interact with the driver to change the vertical dpi. And then the fix would only work for my particular mouse.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just wanted 20 this weekend, ended up getting 25. Strange to me that this shit is still so enjoyable lol. Fuck modern mmos suck.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I've been playing with windows input hooks. The most I've been able to accomplish so far is throwing away any mouse move that has a vertical value to it. That works in every window except the eq window :emoji_laughing:

Hmm so I decided to play this because my head hurt so I wouldn't be any good at coding. Instead I spent 5 hours in visual studio working on this instead.

Atabishi Forgot Password

Silver Squire
I'm firmly in the camp of limit it to 4 like wizard quads or just remove it all together, but for some reason there are legions of boomers that defend it to the death cause it's 'classic'.

Heh those people need to give up. This server already isn't true classic in the sense that there are so many non-classic changes/rules implemented in order to combat "problems" that the devs seem adamant about fixing/preventing, i.e reduced spawn times, no ksing, no ninja-looting, camp rules, raid rotations, increased loot drop rates for specific items etc etc. The fact that bards are still permitted to swarm kite because it's "classic" while several other non-classic decisions were made kinda blew my mind.

I'd bet a lot of the bard swarm kiting cause it's classic advocates are also simultaneously advocates for several of the non-classic rules/changes. I'd also be willing to bet that the majority of the "classic no changes" people never actually played in 1999, or if they did they never got a high enough lvl in 1999 to even know wtf was going on on their server. Always found it quite odd that it seems like the majority of players on private servers and TLP's seem to have strong opinions on what classic EQ was, when the amount of people still playing currently that played in 1999 has to be a minority, and the number of people who even got high enough lvl in 1999 to have any sense of wtf was going on is an even smaller minority.

The one that always makes me laugh is when people post about classic eq (pre kunark) as if it was some utopia where reputation mattered and camps were respected and KS'ing was nearly non-existent. There was more mother fucking ks'ing, camp stealing, intentional training, ninja-looting, camp monopolization, item stealing debauchery going on in the first year of EQ than what you would currently experience on TLP's. I'm sure there has to be some people out there that remember in 1999 there were literally websites dedicated to trolling people on EQ where people would post stories or draw illustrations of all the stuff I mentioned above.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Heh those people need to give up. This server already isn't true classic in the sense that there are so many non-classic changes/rules implemented in order to combat "problems" that the devs seem adamant about fixing/preventing, i.e reduced spawn times, no ksing, no ninja-looting, camp rules, raid rotations, increased loot drop rates for specific items etc etc. The fact that bards are still permitted to swarm kite because it's "classic" while several other non-classic decisions were made kinda blew my mind.

I'd bet a lot of the bard swarm kiting cause it's classic advocates are also simultaneously advocates for several of the non-classic rules/changes. I'd also be willing to bet that the majority of the "classic no changes" people never actually played in 1999, or if they did they never got a high enough lvl in 1999 to even know wtf was going on on their server. Always found it quite odd that it seems like the majority of players on private servers and TLP's seem to have strong opinions on what classic EQ was, when the amount of people still playing currently that played in 1999 has to be a minority, and the number of people who even got high enough lvl in 1999 to have any sense of wtf was going on is an even smaller minority.

The one that always makes me laugh is when people post about classic eq (pre kunark) as if it was some utopia where reputation mattered and camps were respected and KS'ing was nearly non-existent. There was more mother fucking ks'ing, camp stealing, intentional training, ninja-looting, camp monopolization, item stealing debauchery going on in the first year of EQ than what you would currently experience on TLP's. I'm sure there has to be some people out there that remember in 1999 there were literally websites dedicated to trolling people on EQ where people would post stories or draw illustrations of all the stuff I mentioned above.

Old EQ was pretty cutthroat. You didn't run to GMs to save you, you ran to your friends and took matters into your own hands to send a message. Anyone who had FD was an agent of chaos. Alot of that is what organically created communities in EQ and why reputations became so prevalent as time went on. I quit during SoL so I can't speak for what happened after that.

In terms of swarm kiting, it's only a problem in some zones right now because the saturation of players literally everywhere forced players to find open world mobs to sustain some degree of experience gain. There is simply not enough supply to fulfill demand and people are getting angry at Bards for something that's simply a greater infrastructure problem.

The game will be even more fun when everyone aggregates at 50 and they realize how limited in supply camps are. LGuk already looks to be a shit show and you have a lot of players still leveling in the lower brackets. There is only a handful of places people can go, it's going to be great when camps start getting monopolized lol.

Good luck S Secrets .

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
For anyone interested, this dramatically helped my frame rate issues in game.

Didn't download the 3rd party software.

Frame Rates set to 60 FPS.
Vertical Sync = Fast
/Log off

Also, to help have a strafe key, I set the backup key for forward and right to be "E" so I didn't have to hold forward and right when I wanna go quick.

Last edited:

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I think it’s not one way or another.

If it was natural numbers of bards or old school players you wouldn’t see every Zone with 5-7 bards in it. Clearly bards are overplayed because people want a way to solo fast and earn money on a new server, and the more others see the more they decide to join in.

I would love to see a breakdown (no pun intended) of classes being played. It’s not just a problem of infrastructure not supporting enough mobs, it’s the min max player base that is wringing the game for ever drop.

I mean shit, even at level 7 you have pets only groups - even as close as classic you can get there is still a player base that is 1000 times more informed and skilled today at maximizing pulls and downtime and everything. So the devs are doing a solid job of trying to react in real time to this status and mitigate it the best they can while trying to maintain some order