Project Quarm - 1 Box Planes of Power

localhost

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yea I mean, I'm a necromancer heh so those smaller camps were real easy for me. Aren't you a cleric? Time to just be LFG in unrest for hours on end
I know it was extremely easy and fast to go from 1 to 50 as a cleric as long as you knew where to xp on P99. Is it different on Quarm?

Corndog

Lord Nagafen Raider
S Secrets Just wanted to offer my viewpoint. I've got a couple of characters from 10-14. The problem I and my friends face is motivation. The thought of rotating raids on this server just kills the motivation. The 1 box, leveling up is great. We just keep losing people to, but yeah once we are 50 then what? Join a larger guild and wait to a kill once a week of we are lucky for the next 8 months?

I think a good job has been done with newbie zones being crowded and alleviating the camps at manastone etc. But these two things that have been correct so far is just a precursor to the overall bigger problem at the end game. At least on live server back in the day, you could race and maybe you'll get extra kills for being sweaty. Here i feel like it'll be, well I'll see you guys in 11 days when it's our turn for that kill. Heaven forbid you have an obligation that night, so then you go a month without raiding.

The carrot on the string is there for leveling, but my friends are starting to think, but what do we do after we get manastone, yaks, SMR, golden efreeti boots. Same in kunark, grind to 60, camp some fungi tunics, do some chardok faction and get to raid once a week for 1 mob?

To those that say, it worked fine on p99, sure and we don't play there for that reason. I don't expect a change based on my feedback, only 1 viewpoint that maybe could be grouped with others to see if the data leans towards what we would enjoy. If not we get it and we'll look for a different server down the road.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
The only way youll get a good 9 months per expansion is with raid shitbaggery.

The race, whether it's toxic as fuck or GGs all around, thats always been the real content of EQ. The rest is nostalgia.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I think for a massive number of people the rotation is the selling point. P99 had tons of normal adults locked out of raid content by the requirement to deal with unemployed neck beards to reasonably access content.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Pet regen got absolutely trashed today. They claim it was just fixing in-combat regen, but they are lying or broke something cause my necro pet went from 4-5% per tick to ~1% per tick regardless of combat or just sitting around.

His days of tanking anything are over

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Pet regen got absolutely trashed today. They claim it was just fixing in-combat regen, but they are lying or broke something cause my necro pet went from 4-5% per tick to ~1% per tick regardless of combat or just sitting around.

His days of tanking anything are over
The Bard Lobby is happy to see this development.

I think for a massive number of people the rotation is the selling point. P99 had tons of normal adults locked out of raid content by the requirement to deal with unemployed neck beards to reasonably access content.

How difficult is it to implement instance content? Just curious.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The Bard Lobby is happy to see this development.

How difficult is it to implement instance content? Just curious.

Secrets — Today at 3:18 PM
[Pending] Bard AOEs are now limited to damaging 4 targets. The invisible 'pull limit' has been increased to 35 for all zones.

Coffin Dancing GIF

• 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Secrets — Today at 3:18 PM
[Pending] Bard AOEs are now limited to damaging 4 targets. The invisible 'pull limit' has been increased to 35 for all zones.

Coffin Dancing GIF
Barely does anything to bards. Oh no, they have to run in a circle for a couple extra minutes while still gaining absurd exp...

• 1Moron

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Raid rotations alleviate a ton of CS issues. There are entire discords setup for P99's raid scene, and a ton of CS headaches for the GM's. I'm sure Secrets is trying to avoid that headache at all costs.

Here is the P99 Green UN Discord: Join the P1999 Green UN Discord Server!

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I grabbed some toolboxen from the gnomes. I then ran to Qeynos for laughs. It is quite busy!

I took the rathe route and noticed that there's a bunch of justis and stuff outside cazic.

Last edited:

Twilering

Trakanon Raider
I don't know about this server, but on p1999, alchemy bags were the best imo. 8 slots, can hold large items and the bag itself only weighed .4. They ran about 1pp at an Alchemy tradeskill vendor.

• 1Like

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hnnnnnnggghh, got this bad boy tonight.

1697177130437.png

Last edited:
  • 9Like
Reactions: 8 users