Project Quarm - 1 Box Planes of Power

Atabishi Forgot Password

Silver Squire
S Secrets Just wanted to offer my viewpoint. I've got a couple of characters from 10-14. The problem I and my friends face is motivation. The thought of rotating raids on this server just kills the motivation. The 1 box, leveling up is great. We just keep losing people to, but yeah once we are 50 then what? Join a larger guild and wait to a kill once a week of we are lucky for the next 8 months?

I think a good job has been done with newbie zones being crowded and alleviating the camps at manastone etc. But these two things that have been correct so far is just a precursor to the overall bigger problem at the end game. At least on live server back in the day, you could race and maybe you'll get extra kills for being sweaty. Here i feel like it'll be, well I'll see you guys in 11 days when it's our turn for that kill. Heaven forbid you have an obligation that night, so then you go a month without raiding.

The carrot on the string is there for leveling, but my friends are starting to think, but what do we do after we get manastone, yaks, SMR, golden efreeti boots. Same in kunark, grind to 60, camp some fungi tunics, do some chardok faction and get to raid once a week for 1 mob?

To those that say, it worked fine on p99, sure and we don't play there for that reason. I don't expect a change based on my feedback, only 1 viewpoint that maybe could be grouped with others to see if the data leans towards what we would enjoy. If not we get it and we'll look for a different server down the road.

I'm curious why raiding would be a draw to play on p99 or project quarm. To me it just feels like if you are wanting to raid then why not play on a TLP? Raid mobs on here and p99 are about on the same level of difficulty as killing Efreei Lord Djarn. They are a joke. Even trakanon or VP in kunark you don't have to dodge AoE's, you just pull the dragon on top of the raid and nearly insta kill it. Like how long would it really take to raid anything on here? Even if every guild got to raid once a week, you're looking at a couple hours total? Outside of getting epic pieces, raid loot in classic and kunark is a marginal upgrade compared to just getting BIS groupable. Raid loot is more relevant starting in velious/luclin but even then considering the level of difficulty of raid mobs, it's kind of meaningless. PoP I would assume will have instanced raiding.

Given the incredible ease of content overall on these style servers, I just don't really understand the desire for the majority of raid loot, with clickies and epic pieces being the exception. Even if you said it was for competition, doesn't p99 have like FTE rules or first to form rules or some shit? That's like amateur hour kindergarten levels of a competitive environment, and I would assume if PQ decided to scrap rotation that's probably the system they would go with. Just about the only thing they could do with raiding to make it meaningful is allow DPS racing but for whatever reason these style servers never allow that.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I made a test character with the solo self hardcore. I was expecting a throbbing orange name and special text in /who!

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I made a test character with the solo self hardcore. I was expecting a throbbing orange name and special text in /who!
Still getting around to it. We have another feature coming that may utilize nameplates too.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
S Secrets Have you ever thought of creating custom text for mobs when they get aggroed? That could be something fun to do after you get the optimizations ironed out.

"You are no match for the Quarm Swarm!"

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Hit 12, been saving every coin I can - lotting every 6 copper near people leave behind.

I now have a rocking 4 pieces of banded, patchwork or leather the rest, and a fine steel 2 handed. I’m elite

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
It's Friday night, I'm making tea. It's 106 miles to Freeport, we've got a full tank of rations, half a pack of bone chips, it's dark and we're wearing a patchwork leather helm.

(lfg 5 clr qeynos area)

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Two down, one to go.
1697249858129.png
1697249845353.png

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Naggy went down before Phinny? On P99 Phinny is a trival pet pull. Maybe Secrets server is more classic.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Naggy went down before Phinny? On P99 Phinny is a trival pet pull. Maybe Secrets server is more classic.
Yeah we did Nagafen a few days ago. I didn’t want to drag a bunch of level 20s through kedge so we did Phinny later.

• 1Like

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
I'm level 29 now on my Bard, hoping to find a decent guild somewhere.

Any recommendations for kiting level 30-40?

Last edited:

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well, another item off the checklist. Feels very weird that these are dropping like candy.

1697274543478.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Is it normal to lose your ability to slam while under DE illusion? Do you lose your stun immunity too?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Level 22 and rocking Jboots. Feeling good.

Are they in Najena on this server? I'd say going straight for that camp at one's earliest convenience is definitely the way to do things.

Gask Gask Yes, you lose Slam. AFAIK you keep stun immunity