Project Quarm - 1 Box Planes of Power

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Because you're watching a blue or red bar slowly regenerate? Have you ever camped an epic spawn like verina tomb or some of those other examples he named? Did you actually sit there for 12 consecutive hours doing nothing? Listing the most ridiculous solution for camping a rare spawn like that seems a little disingenuous tbh
I camped Hadden (8 hour respawn) for 24 hours trying for a fishbone earring on live. And because of PNP, if you ever left the camp, you lost the rights to the mob. Obviously you never actually played EQ prior to emulator servers.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
And because of PNP, if you ever left the camp, you lost the rights to the mob.
spiderman lol GIF

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Because you're watching a blue or red bar slowly regenerate? Have you ever camped an epic spawn like verina tomb or some of those other examples he named? Did you actually sit there for 12 consecutive hours doing nothing? Listing the most ridiculous solution for camping a rare spawn like that seems a little disingenuous tbh
People waited on lists for 36 hours on P99. Verina could be a 7-day spawn and they'd have people taking shifts to camp her.

Don't forget Agnarr, where there was a 2 hour ground spawn with a half second window for clicking the spawn on Kunark launch, where you are also competing with others using MacroQuest to pick up the item.

Never underestimate the autism of EQ players, especially if you're running a server.
They will take the long, inconvenient option every fucking time it's metagamed.

The reason all of this wasn't an issue back in the day is because loading Allakhazam to find info could potentially take hours, where as today it takes about the same time it does to click a ground spawn as it does load a web page.

Also, Verant had active, ingame CSRs/Guides that were able to hand out punishment, and you could even make a phone call to them to talk to their customer support in case someone was actively causing an issue.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
My last statement appears to have been spot on.
Played from og classic till oow, and followed the "PNP" until lvl 37 when some filthy european KSed my ancient croc with no repercussions. You couldn't be further off the mark here bucko

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Played from og classic till oow, and followed the "PNP" until lvl 37 when some filthy european KSed my ancient croc with no repercussions. You couldn't be further off the mark here bucko
I'm sorry your server GMs were shit. Wasn't the case everywhere

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Rate limiting on tells is extremely annoying when you're forced to scour the lands to find people to group with BTW. Who cares if I send different people one tell in a short amount of time?

Last edited:

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
People waited on lists for 36 hours on P99. Verina could be a 7-day spawn and they'd have people taking shifts to camp her.

Don't forget Agnarr, where there was a 2 hour ground spawn with a half second window for clicking the spawn on Kunark launch, where you are also competing with others using MacroQuest to pick up the item.

Never underestimate the autism of EQ players, especially if you're running a server.
They will take the long, inconvenient option every fucking time it's metagamed.

The reason all of this wasn't an issue back in the day is because loading Allakhazam to find info could potentially take hours, where as today it takes about the same time it does to click a ground spawn as it does load a web page.

Also, Verant had active, ingame CSRs/Guides that were able to hand out punishment, and you could even make a phone call to them to talk to their customer support in case someone was actively causing an issue.
Who cares about p99 and bugs on live that were eventually fixed? I just find it funny that youre going to change epic spawns so much that rather than seeing 2-3 new enchanter epics(and those like it) a week, like you might see on a true classic server, to being able to pump out 2-3 epics an hour. And then use the justification "waiting is bad" when youve configured the server in many other ways that arbitrarily increase the amount of waiting you have to do. That being said, my opinion is irrelevant because I would never play an emulated everquest server. I just kept getting update notifications about this thread because I poked fun about you policing this server when this thread was new. Ill take the time and unwatch and gl with your server

I'm sorry your server GMs were shit. Wasn't the case everywhere
Im sorry you didnt get to play everquest like the men did, and had to ask permission and/or wait in lines for spawns

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Two guilds are begging Secrets and co to get rid of quakes. So funny. The chief beggars are a guild that was basically a mutiny from Faceless, people crying over Fire Giant raids who formed their own guild to be competitive. Then when it failed to produce results they’ve taken to begging in Twitch chat and guild leader chat with essays upon essays on why Quakes should be removed and the server should be pure rotation.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Im sorry you didnt get to play everquest like the men did, and had to ask permission and/or wait in lines for spawns
I'll take actually being able to consume content over dealing with acne-ridden children like you.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
They've been behaved surprisingly.
I've had one incident and I gave them an ultimatum about cleaning up their behavior. I told them exactly what they did wrong, and how to avoid doing it again. They did after.

I wasn't expecting the Ryan & Sean redemption arc, but here we are. I think EQ legitimately keeps them out of actual, real-world trouble and gives them a place they can let loose without harming others. That being said, we enforce the rules as written and one of them got to the final ban warning. Even then, they don't seem like the kind that trains, just wants to be able to talk. So at most, they may get a perma mute on next offense (and ban if they evade) and I think that will cause them to stop playing, and they seem to mutually know that too.

I'm glad to see Quarm actually reforming folks - not just them. It's been heartwarming to watch.

You're doing a great service to society

• 1Like

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Two guilds are begging Secrets and co to get rid of quakes. So funny. The chief beggars are a guild that was basically a mutiny from Faceless, people crying over Fire Giant raids who formed their own guild to be competitive. Then when it failed to produce results they’ve taken to begging in Twitch chat and guild leader chat with essays upon essays on why Quakes should be removed and the server should be pure rotation.

Sounds like foreshadowing to me.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
God reading the last two pages has left me not understanding how any of you miserable cunts play any games for “fun”.

Ignorance is bliss. On this server so is being a filthy casual.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
God reading the last two pages has left me not understanding how any of you miserable cunts play any games for “fun”.

Ignorance is bliss. On this server so is being a filthy casual.
Casual is the best way to play EQ. EQ began going downhill more and more as it focused primarily on raid content.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

YES! DRAMA!

Oh Yeah Yes GIF by Jordan Belfort

• 1Worf

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Casual is the best way to play EQ. EQ began going downhill more and more as it focused primarily on raid content.

Raiding has always been the worst part of any MMO that had it. I can't wait for the day when everyone admits it's miserable and that type of content dies.

• 5Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I was so convinced during the OG LDON that 6 man group high level gear drops were coming. That should be the standard.

• 1Like

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
For the filthy casuals out there, is there any classes that are under represented and desired right now or is it just heavily populated? I want to play a shaman but I assume there are a billion of them.