Punk Music

ChunkyDrunky_sl

shitlord
Check out Rivethead (The Cheap Wine of Youth), if not for them there would not be Dear Landlord, Off With Their Heads, or Banner Pilot. It is one of the best pop-punk albums of all time.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Wish I could but I I used up all my vacation time way early like a dumb dumb.

I am, however, going to see Rancid, Menzingers (with fake problems and restorations), Alk3, Mixtapes, LoC, and the Flatliners (with AWS). Lots of great summer tours this year.

qxx_sl

shitlord
Opposition Rising just released a new EP calledGet Off Your Ass, Get Off Your Kneeswhich is good. This is their second release after theAftermathematics LPwhich is great (and a free download at the previous link).

Opposition Rising is the "3rd incarnation" of the legendary DIY punk band Toxic Narcotic. ToxNarc was around for 15 years and is on hiatus as of 2004ish. The singer/songwriter and the guitarist/songwriter went on to form Mouth Sewn Shut from 2004-2009. I really thought nothing from these guys could top TN but MSS was really, really solid. I was actually more disappointed to find out MSS broke up than TN.

Anyway, after MSS came Opposition Rising which is still hitting on the same topics, clever lyrics and heavy grooves as the previous 2 bands. Why not sample them all:

Damn, can't remember being this impressed with a punk band in many years. It sounds like it was recorded in 1978 but released in 2011. It has elements of Ramones, Misfits, Buzzcocks, Wire, The Kids, The Germs, Angry Samoans, etc. and the vocals are like Joey Ramone after he smoked a pound of herb, in a good way. Every other song they switch up instrument sounds and recording style, so you can hear the influence of a ton of different bands.

This is an album of collected B-sides.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider

These dude can do no wrong. New song from their new album comming out Nov 5th. Last album Career Suicide was amazing and came out in 07, stoked on this to say the least.

Insomnia_sl

shitlord
After missing the last 2 times to see them, finally got to see NOFX again on Wednesday night. Didnt think they would do it, but they played The Decline live and it was fucking amazing. Stayed around after the show and got to meet the band and they were cool enough to chill for a little while since it was so nice outside and bullshit. The House of Blues cleveland was sold out but surprisingly it was just my little group of friends that waited the hour after to see em. The openers were Implants and Off With Their Heads, great fucking opening bands.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Smart punk humor
3lfCVEQ.jpg

On a side note. I have very high hopes for the upcoming Against Me! album. What I've heard so far is far better than their last two albums. I guess all it takes is a dump from a major label and a transgender update.

item.jpg

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Great band, great album. Sadly Dead Language fell flat.

New Larry Arms officially out today. It's great.