Puzzles and Dragons

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Hey Velk, is there anyone you can clear on your[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */amount? Think I have your other two but not that one.

Oohh, any list of the new ultimate evos?

velk

Trakanon Raider
Hey Velk, is there anyone you can clear on your[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */amount? Think I have your other two but not that one.
Done - kicked a few people that were 5+ days, there were less than I expected though, 62/65 within the last day lol. Buncha addicts ;p

velk

Trakanon Raider
Hmm, I just made the best ancient dragon team ever. I am not entirely sure what I was thinking - other than 'can't do it with mono black'.

Unevolved horus leader, persephone, loki, light mech dragon, viper orochi and horus helper.

To add to the win, I spent the first three rounds cursing the worst orb placement ever before finally reaching the facepalm moment ;p

It's ok though ! I can do a horus attack once every 16 turns when persephone's skill charges ;p

Df~_sl

shitlord
Sounds like a perfect way to never want to run Horus teams again :p

I feel a big lull again after all the excitement from the previous week!

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Sounds like a perfect way to never want to run Horus teams again :p

I feel a big lull again after all the excitement from the previous week!
I tried to do a horus/Blue Odin team... and it just sucked. I couldn't easily execute combos with 4 attributes. I switch to Isis and was extremely happy with it. Not sure why I don't get 4att vs 3att, but whatever.

Df~_sl

shitlord
Because there are only 30 orbs... and requiring to match 3 sets of 3 orbs together is much simpler than matching 4 sets of 3 orbs together...

To play horus effectively, you also have to start thinking about the board as a more fluid object... rather than making just the direct 3 orbs here, 3 orbs there matches... you need to start making making matches from the orbs AFTER your first group falls down(not from the RNG gods, but from higher up on the board when you match something on the bottom of the board)

Once you get more comfortable with that... there should be very few instances where you do not have 3 orbs of 4 different colors on the board...

When I put some time into my turns... I am getting close to 7combos on average now... but I still do not lead with Ra. There is no way to assure that you will have 3 orbs of all 5 colors on the board with using heart breakers... as even using Riders cannot assure getting all 5.

Is it worth it to run Horus/Ra to have 80% 4x and maybe 60% 24x? not for me...

Running Horus/Isis is a good starter... 3x 99% of the time and 12x 60% is pretty good...

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Because there are only 30 orbs... and requiring to match 3 sets of 3 orbs together is much simpler than matching 4 sets of 3 orbs together...

To play horus effectively, you also have to start thinking about the board as a more fluid object... rather than making just the direct 3 orbs here, 3 orbs there matches... you need to start making making matches from the orbs AFTER your first group falls down(not from the RNG gods, but from higher up on the board when you match something on the bottom of the board)

Once you get more comfortable with that... there should be very few instances where you do not have 3 orbs of 4 different colors on the board...

When I put some time into my turns... I am getting close to 7combos on average now... but I still do not lead with Ra. There is no way to assure that you will have 3 orbs of all 5 colors on the board with using heart breakers... as even using Riders cannot assure getting all 5.

Running Horus/Isis is a good starter... 3x 99% of the time and 12x 60% is pretty good...
Yes, running the Horus/Isis and Horus/Horus team has greatly increased my combo efficiency overall, even when not playing the team. I'm getting about 90% where if there are four colors on the board with three orbs I can hit it without much thought. But it has taken me running the Horus setup almost exclusively and just grinding and repetition. Also, I've been using Horus, ADK Duke Vamp, Chu Chu, and GValk. That's three Heart => Orb changers, so if I'm lacking a color combo there's a greater chance I can swap out hearts I may not need. Unfortunately I don't have a Heart => Blue or Heart => Red at this time, but it does leave open the last spot for a Viper Orochi for stun, or something else situational. Still playing with it, but am really liking it.

*Edit: Just realized I did get a Titan out of the PAL machine, but he's still tiny and not evolved, so that is my Heart => Red. Guess next time Breakers come up I need to farm it for a Siegfried.
*Edit 2: Oops, Df~ called me out, typing too fast on conference calls and accidentally put ADK

Df~_sl

shitlord
You mean 2 Heros for Berserk/Seigfreid :p not breakers.

As for having Heart Breakers in your team... ADK isnt a heart breaker... as using him will give you a void of red so I am not sure which orb changer your talking about... Gvalk is a fine light sub... and chuchu is one of the best green subs heart changer or not :p

As for just using repetition to get better at the matching... I don't think thats good enough, you really do have to change the way you look at the board...

My view on it changed entirely again when I started favoring anubis... I no longer give a crap what the board looks like, I just count orbs now to find out what combos I need to make to clear as much as I can...

Composter

Golden Knight of the Realm
DF, any way we could post some random screenshots and you could show us what you would do with them?

I am having a horrible time even with Isis, because time runs out before I can set up more than 2 combos. On my old tablet, I can do combos all the time, since I get like 6-7 full seconds. GS3, I only get 4.05 seconds. For some reason, it makes a huge difference for me.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
DF, any way we could post some random screenshots and you could show us what you would do with them?

I am having a horrible time even with Isis, because time runs out before I can set up more than 2 combos. On my old tablet, I can do combos all the time, since I get like 6-7 full seconds. GS3, I only get 4.05 seconds. For some reason, it makes a huge difference for me.
It's gotta be a practice thing. Bastet isn't a problem for me. Isis isn't a problem for me, but Horus (who I do not own)? That one only works about 50% of the time.

Composter

The amount of time you have to move an orb. It may be linked to the processing power of the device, since there is a large and noticeable difference between my Asus 101 Transformer and my phone. When I get home, I will time the tablet, but on the phone it is 4.05 seconds from the moment you move an orb out of its home square until it locks down where it is. That is actually a lotof time, just not enough for my slow reactions to complete my planned out moves w/o fucking something up by accidentally moving diagonal or something.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>

It's not that matching 9 or 12 orbs is hard, I just find that almost consistently I'm getting a ton of hearts on the board, and will be shorted (an example) while having only 2 light and 2 green on the board, meaning no mater HOW hard I try to match up for horus, it's relying specifically on luck.

Df~_sl

shitlord
I did not mean that matching 9 or 12 orbs was hard... its that you need 12 SPECIFIC orbs out of 30 rather than just 9 specific orbs out of 30... As for not getting the colors and too many hearts, no way to get around that besides just making more matches per turn to cycle through more orbs I guess...

But that might also be selection bias... try going a round and actually counting how many turns you end up with only 3 color matches on the board...

Just did 10 rounds and each round I had at least 3 orbs of 4 colors... gonna keep track for a couple more dungeons... currently at 18 of 20 rounds having 3 orbs of 4 colors on the board.

Checking how many rounds I get 3 orbs of 5 colors (not matched, but just on the board)
8 of 10

Small sample sizes... I think part of it is also... if you are only matching 4 combos... then you are removing colors from the board but leaving hearts... if you start matching more orbs per turn... you also end up removing those hearts from the board rather than letting them clog it up.

As for posting screens and seeing what I would do with that, sure, we can try that... not sure how exactly I would show you my path, but I guess I can figure something out :p

There are apps that do that by the way... I think one of them is called "big combo" but dont know for sure.. I know the JP forum was talking about one on the JP app store... but dont have it

Composter

Ah, no way to get around that besides just making more matches per turn to cycle through more orbs I guess...

But that might also be selection bias... try going a round and actually counting how many turns you end up with only 3 color matches on the board...

As for posting screens and seeing what I would do with that, sure, we can try that... not sure how exactly I would show you my path, but I guess I can figure something out :p
MS Paint.....figure you mark an X on your starting orb, then just free draw a red line over the path your finger would take. Wouldn't be too hard to decipher it.

I think one of my biggest problem is that I lose track of where non-matching orbs will be after the first path of my finger.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Horus sucks dick. I'm sorry but needing 4+ color combos does not happen every turn.

With Isis you can actually fire it off most rounds.

Once you can field a blue Odin team I really don't see a point to Horus ever. For full disclosure I have evolved/leveled a Horus on my main account and a sub account and have been working with the "top" Horus team of Horus, Naga, Viper, Susano, Hades all with high levels. This team fucking blows. You get the shit kicked out of you while stalling. Your RCV sucks dick. Sure you can get some nice big combos when you set everything up....BUT rolling in with the Blue Odin team I'm sitting at 20k hp and 2700+ recovery. I rarely feel in danger of anything and can clear any levels up to Zeus in Starlight Sanctuary. With the Horus team its like oh no I only got 3 combos and now my ass is going to get kicked...with no way to recover the damage you do take. Same issue I have with the Zeus team...low RCV.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Zeus team is just stupid. You take a scratch of 100hp and suddenly you have ZERO multiplier.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Horus sucks dick. I'm sorry but needing 4+ color combos does not happen every turn.

With Isis you can actually fire it off most rounds.
I do not agree. I've gotten a lot better with both. Isis I get probably 95%+ of the time(unless my finger slips), Horus 80% or so. And I am far from an elite orb matcher. It's just a matter of practice. I still prefer Isis because there's almost no chance of the board flat out preventing you from making her match, but I'll go Horus helper sometimes with her if I think I'll need the extra oomph. And on the main I use Horus for most stuff that is solid blue content since my mono red is gimp mode there.

If I ever actually get the red team up to snuff I have to finish a proper Horus team. Biggest decision is whether I finish leveling/evolving my Vampire for the dark slot or stick with Tsukuyomi for the guaranteed combo on the boss. Plus I need to finish leveling light mechdragon for the light slot. Wish I'd pulled something worthwhile for that color at some point but it's been fucking nothing.

I haven't tried this, but they did an event thing in Japan where there was a separate app where you were given a set team and set dungeon and there was a contest to see who could do the best time or best combo average or biggest combo. Apparently you can download the APK for Android and use it a practice thing for Horus since it's a Horus team.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1t32146hx3hphvi

Can also do it with a JP iTunes account.
https://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/pazu...ji/id627888054

Again, i have not done this at all. This is the full post from SA that had the links.

So in the next couple weeks there's some sort of tournament in Japan, and they just released the app they will compete with (?).

The way it works is there are five stages with five bosses that don't attack you, the game gives you a preset team of double Horus and Greek gods as filler, and you try to beat it in 5 minutes and if you do, good job! It's on a separate app and isn't even related to any accounts, so anybody can download the app and play it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6ad3PCrpLE

If you're one of those people who likes moving colors or wants to practice on scary monsters instead of slimes, check it out.

iTunes Japanhttps://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/paz...nji/id627888054
Android apkhttp://www.mediafire.com/?1t32146hx3hphvi

I have absolutely no clue if the apk works or not so if it doesn't, sorry...