Puzzles and Dragons

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The 10x descends arent a permanent thing but they will be popping up regularly now. From what Ive seen others say they expect them to be active every other "event". For the duration of both parts of this New Years event the 10x will be active though, so I think you have till Jan 10th before it's gone for a couple weeks.
So, once a month, basically? Not the worst thing in the world, since events tend to last 1-2 weeks, but still less than I'd like, unfortunately.

Soljourn

Lord Nagafen Raider
After some more rolls:
Flame-winged CyberBeast, Markab
Red Sky Wizard, Chester
Mochizuki Chiyome
Andromeda
Karin
Black Beast Demon, Zvoh
Incarnation of Kirin, Sakuya

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
real talk tho yukiri lits made me input my credit card and buy $30 worst of stone in an effort to buy some more digital merchandise happ new year
Looks like some alcohol was mixed in there too
tongue.png

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Have any of you tried Ultimate Arena? Anyone cleared it? I tried once and it did not go well. Hoping to give it a go as soon as I am done with my Ra Dragon team.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
Im not far from being finally ready for it. Once I get a Zeus Stratios hypermaxed Ill be ready to give it a whirl with a team that's capable of clearing it 60% of the time (theteamis capable, me personally will likely need lots of practice
tongue.png
). I dont have the dark latent resists on my team yet so if DQ Hera shows up, it's a loss.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
Other half of the New Years info has been posted. Another weeks worth of 10x descends (ends 1/10), free spirit jewel starting 1/7, brand new descend on 1/8, and thankfully Hera Sowilo will be up on 1/4 (thank god, if i gotta clear Almighty Zeus one more time for plus eggs Id lose it).

BruuceWarduck_sl

shitlord
My gf had 8 rolls on her phone the last godfest and wanted to get something for her saria team which was saria/izanagi/indra/dragon rider/valk. She ended up getting dqxq, maeda, and kanna. P fuckin legit. Feel like shell be able to do some descends np with that.

BruuceWarduck_sl

shitlord
spi4jp.jpg

I was able to get through Aegir with this scrub setup on my alt account and only had to use 1 stone on Leviathan or wtfever that blue thing was that skill binds. Was Legendary so was prepared to throw all my stones at it today for my I&I team but he dropped 1st time. I was really excited until I saw the mats I need to uevo Hera jfc. I need to start ripping some devilts in PEM and they need to start doing tams more than once a month

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
Have any of you tried Ultimate Arena? Anyone cleared it? I tried once and it did not go well. Hoping to give it a go as soon as I am done with my Ra Dragon team.
Arena is fucking hard... Running Yomi Dragon x2, Zeus Stratios, Awoken Haku, and Okuni. Everything hypermaxed, almost everything max skilled (Okunistillrefuses to gain that last skill up, im like 0/30 at this point) and best Ive done out of four attempts is floor 14. My favorite was my second run when I got to floor 9 I think it is that has the Shieldra's. Got two of the assholes that absorb dark damage for 10 turns and have the habit of popping hearts into darks. Guess how that went.

I guess the biggest frustration i have with it is just how varied it can be. You can do five runs and almost every single floor will be different. Hard to practice when your opponent is rarely the same thing twice.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Arena is fucking hard... Running Yomi Dragon x2, Zeus Stratios, Awoken Haku, and Okuni. Everything hypermaxed, almost everything max skilled (Okunistillrefuses to gain that last skill up, im like 0/30 at this point) and best Ive done out of four attempts is floor 14. My favorite was my second run when I got to floor 9 I think it is that has the Shieldra's. Got two of the assholes that absorb dark damage for 10 turns and have the habit of popping hearts into darks. Guess how that went.

I guess the biggest frustration i have with it is just how varied it can be. You can do five runs and almost every single floor will be different. Hard to practice when your opponent is rarely the same thing twice.
I knew it was hard, I have tried 1 run. I will try more often when my Ra dragon team is finished. That said I don't think its really farmable even by the best players in JP with the best teams. I still see videos of guys like Reco and Paprika failing at some random floor in Arena.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
Also some chatter about Arena 2.0 which will contain PreDras (that will drop eggs). Ialmostcleared the Arena yesterday. Had a hard fought clear up to floor 19 and with only a 20% chance of seeing DQ Hera, she showed up and clocked me for 30k. Bitch.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Predras instead of Piis, right? Which sort of sucks to farm even more. At least doing arena gave you a guaranteed skill up. Predra is like 5k mp? I'd rather sell 500 heras.

Crazily

N00b
Just started this and pulled a Phoenix Rider from the egg tutorial...not sure but it seems super good? Said it was super rare and it has some amazing skills.....

Anything a noobie should do/be aware ??

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
He's not terrible. My first instinct was to tell you to start over and try again but after looking at him he really isnt that horrible of a leader for you as you start out. It should be pretty easy to find fire monsters to put on your team to take advantage of his 2x damage boost for them which should carry you a bit. He's got a really cheap team cost so you wont be having issues of squeezing him onto your team. As you progress look for things that are red with a blue sub color so you can take advantage of the recovery boost from the Phoenix Riders leader skill and more content will open up. Could you do better? Sure, but with that would come higher team cost and likely more difficult playstyles. Is he more than enough for you to start with and carry you a ways into the game? Yep.

Just some general info. If you dont plan to IAP save your magic stones that you get from daily log ins for Godfests to roll for more monsters. Dont use stones to continue in a dungeon and dont use them to refresh your stamina (yet, much later in the game you will but early on there's no point).

Predras instead of Piis, right? Which sort of sucks to farm even more. At least doing arena gave you a guaranteed skill up. Predra is like 5k mp? I'd rather sell 500 heras.
From the way Ive read it the Pii will still be the final floor, the PreDra's are just an added bonus for the difficulty increase.

Crazily

N00b
What is IAP?

Yes this guy is strong, I am having zero issues tearing through bosses, getting 4 combo fire just 1 shots them.