Qnix QX2710 27inch IPS monitor (can OC to 120hz) for $300

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Wow, I was ready to pay 200$ for the 120hz board from overlordcomputer.com. Thanks for the tip, guess I'll sell my shimian and get one of these.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was ready to pay for the Overloard SE until I found out they wanted $250 for shipping to Canada. Glad I didn't pull the trigger.

Wolfen_sl

shitlord
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? Why does no one call shipping companies out for the fucking fraudsters they are, anyway? That's ridiculous.
The early days of eBay was crazy. Shipping costs were another revenue stream for the sellers. Just about everything had insane shipping costs for no other reason than they could. Nowadays, if an item has a shipping charge on it, I usually won't buy it. I guess Amazon Prime has spoiled me.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Can you post a review of the quality of the monitor (and how high you were able to OC it without issue) when you get it? Almost pulled the trigger on a Overlord a few times but price has been rising and dead pixels make me sad.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Can you post a review of the quality of the monitor (and how high you were able to OC it without issue) when you get it? Almost pulled the trigger on a Overlord a few times but price has been rising and dead pixels make me sad.
I'll post some pictures and results when I receive them.

The early days of eBay was crazy. Shipping costs were another revenue stream for the sellers. Just about everything had insane shipping costs for no other reason than they could. Nowadays, if an item has a shipping charge on it, I usually won't buy it. I guess Amazon Prime has spoiled me.
I hate it when an American company charges ridiculous prices for shipping to Canada. Amazon charge reasonable shipping to Canada so I buy pretty much everything from them. In reality, to ship to Canada cost maybe 5-10 dollars more for small items, and maybe 15-20 dollars more for something like a monitor. Not 250 dollars.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
I was thinking about buyer protection or whatever Amazon would offer in cases like this. I dunno, I never bought shit from them because they charge stupid rates to ship to Romania (55$ for a 99$ kindle).

spronk

FPS noob
i bought a shimian a few months ago from korea, arrived within 5 days to USA and its working great on the family PC in the den. I think as long as you don't get really bad luck with the panel or shipping, coming from korea is fine. Only minor quibble is that the "height" for the stand is pretty low, its around 8" or so which means you can't put a soundbar or stuff under it.

Is 108/120hz really worth it?

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Don't be a cheap ass and buy desk mounts like the Ergotron LX arms :p. Got them 2 years ago and I would never be able to live without them now.

Everyone say once they go 120hz, they can't go back. My package will arrive by Friday. I got a GTX680 just for the monitor so hopefully I can game at 1440p at 120/108hz.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
You mean pay 50% of the price of the monitor for a fucking arm ? Yeah, no thx, I use a small box under the stand to tilt it forward a bit and it's perfect (and free).

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yeah, a cardboard box is just as secure and flexible as a four-hinged metal arm. I really like how those cardboard boxes give you vertical mobility too for those times I'm not sitting in one single position. Can't believe more people don't use them.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
I took some pictures, but it looks blurry so I'm not gonna upload them. The overall quality is good. Not as sturdy as my NEC IPS monitor, but it won't fall apart. Mine has no defective pixels, and blacklight bleeding is minimal. Less than my NEC IPS for sure. I can see them, but they won't be bothering me.

Overall, I'm very happy about the monitor.

EDIT: Both my monitor overclocks to 120hz. So far no lines.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Dream-seller... The X-Star DP2710 supposedly shares the same internal, but I don't know if those can OC as well (or at all).

Wolfen_sl

shitlord
You mean pay 50% of the price of the monitor for a fucking arm ? Yeah, no thx, I use a small box under the stand to tilt it forward a bit and it's perfect (and free).
HP takes the Ergotron arms, brands them as HP, and sells them for much cheaper. I have one.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
HP takes the Ergotron arms, brands them as HP, and sells them for much cheaper. I have one.
Interesting. Do you have a recommendation / link?
smile.png

smile.png