Quake Champions

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Figure out how to get that part fixed, if you do like quake its worth it. I hate launchers.

xzi

Mouthbreather
New update and new beta starting later today on Friday.

They fixed the delay on rockets

patch notes:
Sacrifice:

• Match limit is now “Best of 3 Rounds”
  • Obelisk capturing time limit has been adjusted to 2 minutes
  • Score limit per round is now set at 1 point
  • Contested time when at 99% has been increased to 3 seconds
  • Fixed player sorting on the end-game Sacrifice scoreboard. Player ranks are now sorted properly by XP, instead of deaths.
  • Fixed post-match scoring events. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place win. Match complete XP gain now works correctly
In-game:

• Additional logs added to investigate incorrect spawn points
  • Fixed an issue in the Duel spawn code that would result in a player respawning too closely to their killer.
  • Fixed a server crash that could occur when Scalebearer (while in active ability) was telefraged by Ranger’s orb
  • Fixed an issue where Gauntlets produced excessive damage
  • Made improvements to address a delay found when firing the Rocket Launcher
UI:

• Server IP has been removed from the beta watermark
  • Fixed Nyx leg animation in the presentation screen
  • Fixed issues with incorrect visualizations of weapons in PiPs
  • Ready state timer has been reduced to 5 seconds
Tech:

• Fixed issue where a white display appeared when launching the game
Sound:

• Added additional sound effects
  • Fixed Obelisk explosion sound
Known Issues:

• In Battle Report sorting does not sort by XP
  • Final medals are missing from battle report. 1st, 2nd, 3rd place

Ryanz

<Banned>
This game is pretty fun, yet infuriating. Feels like everyone else has 2x as much health and 2x as much damage as me. Been yelling at my monitor for the past hour.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
This game really triggers some nostalgia on me but sadly not as much as I want. A big part of it, as people have mentioned is the lack of dedicated/community based servers. My fondness for Quake 1/QW was having to find a local server or play on LAN with people in some way or another that were near me. Was a dream when I found a local ISP that had been running a modified TF server in Utah (Deadlode) in which I had a 90-100'ish ping on dial up. And meeting a ton of local people. Ended up using these contacts to find regular LAN's that were anywhere from 30-250+ people depending on the venue.

Sadly I think with it just being database related stuff and not specific to local areas, those good feels wont be quite the same.

But still, most fun I've had in an arena type shooter in a long time. I just am a bit bored of the maps/limited characters since I didnt activate my closed beta immediately, im just treated as the 1 character pleb account instead.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I can't see them launching without community servers, but who knows really I guess we'll find out. There's a lot of very simple things they could not put in the game and hurt the longevity of it big time.

supposedly there's 3 new champions planned and of course new maps but still just beta. This game is probably the most fun I've had in an arena shooter since like Q3 launch as well, lol. It's just a lot of fucking fun to play at the moment. But yeah the community servers is what worries me.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'm aiming to unlock this quake 2 rail gun skin. 1/10th of the way there so far.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Community server's are a nostalgic thing for most people that want them. You need a universal matchmaker if you want a high skill game to drive people through the skill gauntlet, hold population into the future and grow. I hope they at least allow private lobbies like dota 2 even if they are not persistent however.

Game is still awesome. I played with the same 6 dudes last night in repeated FFA games. I'm assuming that's beta population + higher end of the skill rating.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
When I am in a match I have been having fun. All of the extra shit is annoying.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Huge E3 Patch today, BJ from Wolfenstein and New maps are most notable. New Maps are pretty damn solid too.

Also servers are now set to be permanently open.

Patch Notes – CBT 10 (E3 Build)

Welcome to the Quake Champions Beta! We’ve made a lot of changes in this build, many of which we just revealed at the Bethesda E3 Showcase! The first big change is that beta is now open 24/7! That means you can just in and play any time you want, unless we have a maintenance window or are deploying a future patch. We’ll keep you in the loop about any planned outages.
We’ve also added a LOT of goodness. Here’s the list of other new additions that you can check out right now:

NEW Champion:
B.J. Blazkowicz added to the Champion roster!
• Dual Wield (Active)

• BJ calls for back-up and answers his own call. Double [censored] weapons, BJ takes turns firing them in rapid succession to lay down some heavy fire, but he will burn through some serious ammo to do so.
• Regeneration (Passive)
BJ can regenerate any damaged health inside one 25 HP block, if he doesn’t receive damage for 3 seconds.
• Stats:
• 100 / 100 HP
• 25 / 50 AP
• 310 -> 560 ups

• Customizations includes 3 outfits and 1 vanity item.

NEW Weapon:
• New weapon added – The Tri-Bolt!
o The Tri-Bolt fires three bolts armed with timed explosives. Each bolt fires in quick succession, allowing the user to concentrate or spread the fire as needed.

NEW Maps:
- Lockbox added -- a new Ithagnal themed arena for Sacrifice, Team Deathmatch, and Deathmatch
- Blood Run added -- a new Volkerh themed Duel arena
- Corrupted Keep added -- a new Goroth themed Duel arena

Custom Game:
- Party with friends to play private matches on the arena and game mode of your choice!
- Party Leaders can pre-configure teams in the Match Lobby by dragging players between pillars.
- Start Match button will be disabled if the amount of players present is lower than required
- Start Match button will be disabled in Duel mode if players don’t have 3 Champions available

NEW Spectator Mode:
• Spectator mode added within Custom Game!
o Invite friends to your party and drag them to the Match Lobby Spectator Box to allow them to spectate the match.
o Spectators can toggle camera modes between players, rooms, and free-float by pressing [L. SHIFT].
o Players can cycle through players or rooms with [LEFTARROW] and [RIGHTARROW] or by pressing [1]-[0] number keys for specific players or rooms.
o Spectators can press [X] to toggle x-ray outlines to see players locations through walls to help follow the action.

Main Menu UI:
• Added Tutorials section.
• Updated Loot Box Store
• New Shader Customization preview icons (now correctly matching their patterns)

NEW Tutorials:
• We have added the first three videos in our series of Beta Tutorials – “Welcome to Quake Champions,” “Health, Armor, & You: Controlling Your Stack,” and “Power-Ups: Turning the Tides of War.”
• These videos are currently accessible by clicking the Movie icon on the Main Menu.

In-game:
• New initial spawn points in Duel for Ruins of Sarnath
• Adjusted item placements on all maps affecting all modes
• Fix for not being able to pick-up armor shards or the Soul until only after their bounce animation ends

Music:
• Added new music set for the Dimension of the Doomed (Goroth themed maps: Burial Chamber, Corrupted Keep)
• Added music set for the Netherworld (Ithagnal themed maps: Lockbox)

Known Issues:
• A party of more than two players may enter a Duel lobby. The Start Match button is not disabled if the extraneous players remain present on the pillars instead of being moved to Spectator. Players who are still stuck on the podium after two Duel players are selected will be presented with an error message that you've been "kicked from the match." Upon receiving this error, you will need to restart the client to continue playing.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Steam api files have been datamined in quake, so there's a good chance once it's out of beta (possibly sooner?) it will show up on steam. I think this is really good news for the community if they actually go through with it.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Completely agreed. Not sure the community is big enough to survive past the initial couple months if it's not using steam. Bethesda client is too new. Needs that steam foothold to stay relevent.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Bethesda client also doesn't have bandwidth caps or being able to resume a download if it closes. It's shitty and those are two things that are absolutely needed for me not to complain and they should have been implemented months ago.

That said, yeah. I'm already getting 5-10 minute queue times which is kind of absurd for an open beta. Usually that's when your influx of players or bogging the servers down, not emptying them.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Matchmaking seems to be working better than it was before, I think you just have to play a ton of games to actually get in a similar skill bracket.

Servers for the last 3 days have been fucked though and queues are very long, so it's probably broken atm anyways.