Quantum Break Release Date - Xbox One/PC Cross Save 4-5

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I know there must be a thread on this game but I'll be damned if I can find it. I am old.

Anyway, I have been waiting for this for a while. I have always liked Remedy, and I loved Alan Wake even though I know it went through some development hell.

Anyway, release date is now confirmed as 4-5-2016. They also announced the following:

* Preorder the digital version on Xbox One and you will receive a free copy of the game for your PC.
* Cross Save functionality between Xbox One and PC.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/qua.../1100-6434694/

The tie in with the TV show here makes me think of how ridiculous it was with Defiance. But I am just going to concentrate on the game. A little pissed they didn't announce this sooner, because this was one of the reasons I bought an Xbox One in the first place. I hardly ever play the thing. With Steamlink and what will most likely have Xbox Controller support, I would have just played it via that method and bought the PC version.

At any rate, it will be cool to see if this one pans out.

Edit: Just checked out the recommended PC settings. You have to be kidding me with that. 980, 6 Gb Vram, 16 Gb Ram.

Edit 2: Ordering on Xbox One also includes Alan Wake and it's two DLC's.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Edit: Just checked out the recommended PC settings. You have to be kidding me with that. 980, 6 Gb Vram, 16 Gb Ram.
Rise of the Tomb Raider was the same. If you want to max it out on PC, you need a card with at least 6GB of VRAM (or a CPU that vastly exceeds the specs to the point that it can use normal RAM as overflow when a 3.5-4GB card runs out of memory without slowdowns). Unless you run the game at 4K, however, the differences between High and Very High textures are nearly imperceptible. I suspect Quantum Break specs were with a similar mindset.

Besides, I stopped reading the PC requirements at "OS: Windows 10". Does that mean it will only be sold on Windows Store, rather than through Steam, etc.? RotTR is sold there, and that version of the game is inferior to the Steam version in several ways.

Also, "[CORRECTION] This post originally said that Gears of War 4 and Scalebound are confirmed for PC. GameSpot regrets the error." is a bummer. Don't give a single fuck about Gears, but I'd definitely be interested in a PC version of Scalebound.
frown.png

spronk

FPS noob
what a weird promo, like I do not know of a single person who owns an xbox one who would give a shit about a pc version that only runs on Windows 10 store. Sure, there are a ton of people who OWN both but generally you buy games on xbone that are exclusive and the rest on PC (or ps4), or you buy and play only on xbox one and have PC around for exclusives.

The fact that its for the digital version only is also a bummer, like I am not gonna pay $60 for a game that will probably only have 10 hours of gameplay, triple that in FMV videos, and then never touch again. i'll buy it at best buy / amazon for $48, play it for a week, then trade it in. and if you ever release a steam version maybe i'll buy it for $10.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
what a weird promo, like I do not know of a single person who owns an xbox one who would give a shit about a pc version that only runs on Windows 10 store. Sure, there are a ton of people who OWN both but generally you buy games on xbone that are exclusive and the rest on PC (or ps4), or you buy and play only on xbox one and have PC around for exclusives.

The fact that its for the digital version only is also a bummer, like I am not gonna pay $60 for a game that will probably only have 10 hours of gameplay, triple that in FMV videos, and then never touch again. i'll buy it at best buy / amazon for $48, play it for a week, then trade it in. and if you ever release a steam version maybe i'll buy it for $10.
True. If I had to guess, they are trying to build value with the digital version of keep copies off the used market and adding incentives. Digital Version includes a copy for Xbox One and PC with Cross Save functionality, and Alan Wake and the 2 DLC's for backward compatibility on Xbox One. Buy the physical copy you get none of that but can trade it in later.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I always buy digital since I account share on PS4 and Xbox. All my new games are far cheaper than even GCU. I always pay $30 a game Day 1 or even cheaper if I wait a few months like Mad Max was $10. Sukik matches me back with games. This game looks pretty amazing but I'm done preordering unless it's something by Rockstar like Red Dead 2.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Figured I'd get this eventually but will consider pre-ordering for the cross-play/save stuff. Want to see that kind of thing happening more.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Seems they released early to streamers or something, quite a few streams going on twitch since yesterday. Or pirated I guess

spronk

FPS noob
reviewers got copies last week, thats what your seeing on streams. no embargo either. it reviews pretty good but feels like a short game, maybe 10 hours for one play through and i guess you could do a second to see just about everything.

you apparently DO get a seperate windows key if you buy it digitally for xbox one, i'm hoping to be buying one off a gaffer for $25 in xbox credit and I'll play on PC, but probably wait for the may windows 10 update which will let UWP apps run gSync. Be interesting to see more people compare the PC to xbox one version, especially graphics wise

this is definitely one of those games though thats gonna be $40 in like a month, or a good candidate for one of the best buy / target B2G1F sales

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Review mega thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/com...ew_megathread/

Some decent reviews. I have it installed and ready to go since it was my turn to pick a game.
Interested to hear your take on it. Some reviews were pretty scathing in control responsiveness along with a lot of "features" that were supposed to make stories twist adding to replayability not really in at all and choices don't have a major impact. Probably a rental for me on this one.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Finished the first chapter. Really enjoying it and the acting is of course its strongest suit. The fighting mechanics are very nice but don't expect Mass Effect levels of control. Ut the live action in between keeps with the pace of the game and doesn't take away too but that may have to do with the actors.

The game is very easy and that would be my only criticism so far. If you play on normal usually I would crank it up to hard. I feel like a god but that could change later in the game.

Starting ACT 2 now.

Ok load slow times too. Still fun a lot like infamous.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Interested to hear your take on it. Some reviews were pretty scathing in control responsiveness along with a lot of "features" that were supposed to make stories twist adding to replayability not really in at all and choices don't have a major impact. Probably a rental for me on this one.
Yeah, gamespot review was kind of harsh.
http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/quan.../1900-6416395/
6/10

Sadly, Quantum Break's gameplay is essentially divided equally between combat and hapless environment traversal. Given that the entire campaign can be completed in less than 10 hours--live-action episodes included--the distribution of activities feels that much more disappointing. Even if you go back and change your decisions--such as preventing a character from dying--your path essentially remains the same, albeit with a few minor elements remixed to hint at your agency over its plot.

By the end, you know the most important parts of the story. Replaying it to witness slightly altered events in the middle would require you to retread well-worn, sometimes boring territory for little payoff. Getting to the end of Quantum Break can be an interesting ride at times, but no matter how impressive the combat is, or how great the game looks, there's no getting around the fact that it's driven by a story with limited appeal and hindered by disappointing design decisions.
10 hours long, withwith the 4 or 5 20 minute live action parts makes me think this will hit bargain status fairly quick. Also have the feeling that the graphical impressiveness of this game will fade fast once Uncharted 4 releases.

Watched a stream of the game, then when the live action sequence started it got severe FPS drops, it suddenly stopped and gave a message of "buffering", like it streamed the video online rather than having it installed.

Gameplay looked decent, and story interesting enough for me to buy it at some point, but waiting for at least a 50% reduction in price.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Zero FPS drop and story is solid however I'm already done with the 2nd act in 5ish hours and that's me being a trophy/cheev whore collecting everything and watching the videos(which are like watching daredevil or something on Netflix pretty decent and adds a new element of fun)

If it ends up being only 10 hours (including the videos ) that is kinda horseshit for a $60 pricetag. We game share so it's easy for me to say it's worth $30 since that's what new games cost. If it was 15-20 hours I would give it a easy 8.5 maybe 9. It's tons of fun like infamous shooter style.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I am enjoying the immersive quality that having the video episodes interwoven with the storyline gives. In many ways it feels like an Infamous game, but with more reliance on firearms and somewhat less creative use of powers. This isnt to say that the powers in Quantum Break arent good, because they are, but the Infamous series really has a lock on that sort of gameplay I feel. I am a bit worried about the length as well, but this is certainly a much better multi-media hybrid game than Defiance for example.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm four hours in and a little bit into chapter 2. I'm enjoying the combat and loving the story so far. I never played infamous so I can't really compare the two.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Pretty sweet game so far, but only a few ticks into the first act.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So this thing must have bombed pretty hard. I have heard nothing at all on most forums, and the twitch feeds have fallen off the planet. 100 viewers in maybe 4 games.

Sweet Christ what a bomb.