Quantum Break Release Date - Xbox One/PC Cross Save 4-5

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I haven't finished it yet but it looks like it's a 12-15 hour completion. I just started act 4 before I went to bed last night and I'm at about 10 hours. The only complaints I've seen about the game are related to length. It has some replay-ability in that you have to play the game twice to get all the story. It's really a TV show/video game hybrid. I can appreciate what they've done but I doubt this game will really appeal much to a core audience. If you're just looking for a shooter then I can't recommend it at $60. The shooting is competent but it's not the core of the game. The video segments are as good as anything I've seen on TV. The collectible story elements add extra story in the form of radio broadcasts, emails at computer stations, notes in cars etc. People can walk right by them and they won't fully understand what's going on with the story. I don't think it's a bomb, but it's something most people would probably do once and movie on. Wait for it to go on sale. I like it but for the average gamer $60 is probably too much for amount of time they'll spend with it.

spronk

FPS noob
the pc port is beyond awful apparently, the game itself renders at 720p and then projects up to 1080p on xbox one and they didn't change it for PC so no matter what your video card or CPU the game looks blurry and meh. Its completely unoptimized on PC, people with 980 ti's can't get steady FPS past 30 and it drops FPS constantly. I guess it helps that xbox hasn't sent out W10 codes for people who bought the game digitally, that'll be another round of people complaining when they realize what a dogshit port it was.

Probably not Remedy's fault though, the port was announced just a few months (weeks?) ago by Microsoft, probably surprised even Remedy since for years its been an xbox one exclusive.

The xbox one version performs really well at least, but yeah the price is dropping fast. Its already selling for retail $48 at amazon and walmart (no prime/etc needed, just $48 for anyone), 10-15 hour single playthrough with multiples not really changing anything (like order 1886) and only trades in for $27 at gamestop, first week.

I was gonna buy a pc key for $25 from someone on gaf, but now I might just buy a used copy, play on a weekend and trade it back in.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Definitely a rental for me. Story from what I've seen on streams seems decent and probable worth a play through but not at full price(or even on sale)

spronk

FPS noob
damn this game is 70 euros for our european friends. thats like 80 freedom bux. i can't believe anyone actually bought it right off the windows store though, but i guess you can get a refund once you find out it runs like utter shit on pc

r7P79cj.png

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Surprised it isn't doing well. I'm enjoying it quite a lot, are there just so few Xbox One owners out there?

I'm only up through episode 3 but Burke's wife does not deserve him. What a useless cum dumpster.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
There's been next to no marketing for it, and the PC version is a hot dumpster fire by all reports, so yea it's probably doomed.

spronk

FPS noob
45 gig install on PC, i bought a code for $20 on cag (same price on neogaf, etc) since all the digital xbox one buyers got their Windows 10 codes today. Completely unplayable if you turn on full screen mode and have a gSync monitor, it drops to 1 fps and massive input lag. Fine in windowed mode, but I will just wait for the UWP w10 gSync fix in next months windows update to play. Worked fine with my elite controller, the few minutes of intro video I saw looked cool.

Sync's nicely with xbox one account / XBL, apparently shares all the achievements and even saves with the xbox one version as long as you are logged in the same account on both systems.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'm going to go with Marketing, I had no idea what this was until reading the thread. I'm now interested in playing it.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm going to go with Marketing, I had no idea what this was until reading the thread. I'm now interested in playing it.
Only seems that way because this board is largely anti-xbox, but Microsoft has been advertising the shit out of it on Xbox One for the last 2-3 months

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Only seems that way because everyone in the entire world is largely anti-xbox one because it is a shit piece of hardware with horrible support, but Microsoft has been advertising the shit out of it on Xbox One for the last 2-3 months and they still aren't selling any.
ftfy

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
You know I own all of them. X1 sucks. Period. There isn't any subjectivity or console war bickering about it. It's a straight up objective'd piece of shit in a box. Lets hope they do better next time or else it leaves Sony without any competition and then we are REALLY screwed as consumers.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I agree with the consumer advocacy points but the PS4 simply isn't that much better. I agree that Xbox screwed the pooch with many things but they both are pretty similar machines and both pretty weak.