Quarm Server

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So I'm just curious - how are people level 65 already after <24 hours? Like yea I remember fire giants in PoFire was like a couple aa an hour back in 2004 and that was the best around, etc. I remember spending weeks leveling 60-65 let alone 51-65 in 1 day. Is the xp just jacked up or what?
Not sure what to tell you. In 2006 going 60-65 it took me almost exactly 24 hours, with no elemental or GOD access, and 2 groups were faster than mine. I suspect live xp is faster than combine, and with a charmed pooka or just a melee-heavy kodtaz animal farm group should crush that pace.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Not sure what to tell you. In 2006 going 60-65 it took me almost exactly 24 hours, with no elemental or GOD access, and 2 groups were faster than mine. I suspect live xp is faster than combine, and with a charmed pooka or just a melee-heavy kodtaz animal farm group should crush that pace.
Yeah, i was getting 2% charm killing light blues in dranik scar at 51. The exp seems a lot faster than i remember in classic.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Up to 64 on an enchanter. I'm on grinding constantly, but I am old so I goto sleep at 1-2AM ish but my enchantering skills are A+. Name is Tapein

Grisvok_sl

shitlord
Don't let me down boys.
Dude its 100% doable but we are getting screwed in Vape All Stars by people who are coming back just for PoP flags. We could have a full raid keyed for EP right now but only 28 people are showing up who have all the flags. Killed Fennin Ro on Saturday (day 4) and have had to start back flagging just to get our shitty time gear to get shitty GoD gear to smoke OMM quick. We probably screwed ourselves by YOLO making the guild instead of really organizing it and carefully recruiting but whatever. No one else is over there competing so were just gunna take an extra week or two.

And people are leveling pretty slow taking only PoP routes. My group was first to 70 and we were done Thursday morning. Would have been done Wednesday night but we wanted to get a full nights sleep.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Surprised you're doing PoP. I woulda thought MPG group loot would suffice to get to qvic?

Sterling

El Presidente
Surprised you're doing PoP. I woulda thought MPG group loot would suffice to get to qvic?
Well the idea was to get all of pop done in a couple of days to get some weapons for melee and armor molds/ac items for tanks, but as he said it got a lot sloppier than it should have been.

Grisvok_sl

shitlord
No way to carry people through the MPG group trials. Most of the vets already did them then they get a 3 day lockout. But even the loot from that isn't enough to give us the AC we need for omens. We were hoping with one time clear we could do Ikki trials then catapult to qvic/tacvi before moving to mpg raids.

In beta VP was the revamped 2.0 version so we were going to do that as well. But they reverted it to the crappy version on current TLPs.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What's predictions on how this server will end up? A guild will get 1st, then after 3 months, the flood gates open and it gets all expansions, and updated content etc etc, and then it's a mad dash to max level, and the server just dies out because lack of people, then it gets merged into one of the other already existing normal servers?

Is there any demand for a "new" Live server? I kind of feel there isn't, but who knows?

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Maybe they are trying to consolidate a chunk of the playerbase on a gimmicky-type server, so they have an excuse to shut a few others down?

I mean, it isn't like EQ is growing; no real reason to add another regular live server. Unless they plan to wipe that shit and use it for future race type things like this.