Quarm Server

Fuck yeah. A three week server where all your effort is wiped out of existence after some pack of neck beards beat OOM.

Fuck that shit!

Zaide

TLP Idealist
The signet farming won't be as bad as VP key camps, whether or not they load balance zones will have a big impact as well. You could plow through all the trials + Anguish in one night of raiding though.

The whole OMM Mask thing is mostly a red herring. You need to have 12 masks exactly and then OMM will only use "gaze" on people who have the mask. If you get more masks then it just increases the number of people who could potentially get gazed. If you have sub 12 masks then he can gaze anyone in the raid.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
The pet nerfs are supposedly reverted after Luclin, so probably going to look like about 40 earth elementals and the charm pets you get during the fight.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
lolol. did not realize that.

gonna be a lot of butthurt on the DBG forums when the server ends with a pet wall lmfao.

BUT assuming that doesn't happen... what would the plan be to gear the tank? seems like that would be one of the main bottlenecks.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I could be off base here but I'd say the best method might be to just grind in such a way that you get your Dranik Loyalist faction up, get your armor quest items and then do the turn ins forSearch: armsmaster :: EverQuest :: ZAM

That's the "group" tier armor and if you prioritize your loot from all the trials+early anguish content to a single tank then you'll probably be able to tank OMM with that setup.

I remember the faction portion of the armor taking FOREVER. Just crushing huge trains for hours to get my faction up to ally for the raid armor.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
OMM dead in sub 8 days guaranteed.
It's been a really long time since I've done Anguish but i think that's pretty crazy fast. I suspect gearing up the necessary tanks to handle the Jelvan event might cause some issues, not to mention with the limited gear I can see something like the Foresight event causing issues. With the start point, I'd look more at the 20-30 day window but maybe I'm greatly misremembering.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
It's been a really long time since I've done Anguish but i think that's pretty crazy fast. I suspect gearing up the necessary tanks to handle the Jelvan event might cause some issues, not to mention with the limited gear I can see something like the Foresight event causing issues. With the start point, I'd look more at the 20-30 day window but maybe I'm greatly misremembering.
Whoever gets the first kill would have to maximize organization/efficiency. You'd be looking at all premade groups, sharing account information so you can sleep in shifts to make sure that the characters are on and progressing 24/7 for that time frame. Every leveling path/loot/faction/raid decision has to be pre planned and not deviated from.

With the FV loot rules you can get into some hijinx with having people designated just to quest gear then giving that gear to people who were designated to just grind.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Goats would be on perma lock down to for easy box upgrades.

Quite a few super fast things that open up because of the FV loot rules while not top tier, are pretty damn close. It'll be interesting to watch.

Uzi_sl

shitlord
not-uh ^

As to the timeframe, sure people could do it in 8 days, its possible. The sad part is the people that could actually accomplish that are the only ones that care.. and probably in the same guild. Don't you fuckers see this pattern of bullshit temp fun servers? (edit: forgot RMT.. if so carry on)

You think that thread about "What makes EQEMU servers so good?" had any impact?Why all the Emulated EQ servers if EQ is free to play?

Lol. i love this stupid old game but after the last few rollouts of Rage->Lock->Phin and going hardcore on each because it was the newest... Gotta prolly hang it up. /tear

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
not-uh ^

As to the timeframe, sure people could do it in 8 days, its possible. The sad part is the people that could actually accomplish that are the only ones that care.. and probably in the same guild. Don't you fuckers see this pattern of bullshit temp fun servers? (edit: forgot RMT.. if so carry on)

You think that thread about "What makes EQEMU servers so good?" had any impact?Why all the Emulated EQ servers if EQ is free to play?

Lol. i love this stupid old game but after the last few rollouts of Rage->Lock->Phin and going hardcore on each because it was the newest... Gotta prolly hang it up. /tear
I love EQ Emu servers. I have played on 3 or 4 and they always have their own charm. I just kind of burned out on Grand Creation because I couldn't beat EMP, or any fight with a ton of offtanks and adds on my own. So i was stuck on SSRA Emp and the Halls of Honor trials. All because I couldn't git gud enough on the adds.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can tell you that their true box code is total horseshit on the Phinny server. Like Zaide said someone is going to fire up 40 mages on VM's and just go ham pet walling.

It's no secret that DBG is a pathetic shell of a development company that basically couldn't put out a real Mmorpg if they tried. At this point, they are just script hackers tweeking the existing games they have left, so it's only natural that they would be putting the majority of their efforts in to creating new ruleset servers since all they have to do is modify shit.

DBG is such a fucking joke. I wish they would just sell EQ to a real development company that could actually make new Everquest.

Fuck DBG.

Siliconemelons

It's no secret that DBG is a pathetic shell of a development company that basically couldn't put out a real Mmorpg if they tried. At this point, they are just script hackers tweeking the existing games they have left, so it's only natural that they would be putting the majority of their efforts in to creating new ruleset servers since all they have to do is modify shit.

DBG is such a fucking joke. I wish they would just sell EQ to a real development company that could actually make new Everquest.

Fuck DBG.
I honestly wonder how much $ a create license for EQ Classic -> PoP would be and then do a kickstarter - I bet it would get funded even if it was super high. Just to use the world, names and classic through pop "story" - do what EQ did, use a solid set of D&D version for the ruleset and go from there. Wasn't EQ based on D20 or V3? or 2.5 or something, that's why we have tics and stuff and at the beginning could actually watch combat text and see what's going on etc.