Questions about Wii & Wii U.

koljec_sl

shitlord
They are slowly starting to centralize their Nintendo account systems (soon both 3DS and Wii U will use the same accounts and digital funds), which means its only a matter of time before your games are tied to your account and not your console.
I called Nintendo Customer Service yesterday because I wasn't sure if my old 3DS login would work for the WiiU.

The Rep explained that3DS does not currently get a network ID, but it will in the spring. Maybe that will bring about linking games to accounts instead of hardware? I hope so.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I didn't want to start a new thread for this.

I just ordered a Wii and Wii sports because I figured my 5yo would have fun with it. Anything else that's good for a kid, other than Wii sports?

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Mario Kart probably, SMB Galaxy 1/2 maybe, been a long time since I had a five year old.

• 1Like

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
I didn't want to start a new thread for this.

I just ordered a Wii and Wii sports because I figured my 5yo would have fun with it. Anything else that's good for a kid, other than Wii sports?

DKC Returns and Tropical Freeze, although the difficulty on them is kind of high, and you may need to help her out depending on how easily she gets frustrated. 2D platformers are easy to conceptually understand at least on paper, and I was at least trying to plod through Green Hill Zone in Sonic and World 1 in SMW in kindergarten, though.

Animal Crossing: City Folk. Wiis are backward compatible, so the OG Animal Crossing would work, too.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Easy to do any you can download any game you want. If you look around you can find zips with every game for the system that was released.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I've got one of those modded Wiis. It's super useful. Can play every (good) NES, Game Boy, Genesis, and SNES game on it. Wii Classic Controller works decently well for all of the above as well, sort of a SNES controller with enhancements.

How is Wii emulation these days? I'd like to play the Castlevania Adventure remake for Wiiware, but AFAIK it's shut down and no longer accessible. I guess I'd need to get a Wii emulator up and running if I want to play it and hope that Wiiware can be emulated without issue.