R.I.P Stuart Scott.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
No his eye issue was the result of getting hit in the face by a football while he stood on the sidelines during a Jets practice. It damaged his cornea and his eyelid drooped afterwards.
No, he was a walk on with the Eagles and doing ok/pretty well in training camp when a ball deflected off of his hands and into his eye.

Fadaar

That guy
Shitty. One of the few ESPN personalities I really liked. There clearly isn't a god because Skip Bayless is still breathing.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
No, he was a walk on with the Eagles and doing ok/pretty well in training camp when a ball deflected off of his hands and into his eye.
It happened while he was with ESPN. I've heard Dan Patrick talk about it several times. He was participating in the workout though. What I didn't know what that he was struck in hisothereye with a basketball back in the 80's and had a detached retina, which is why his vision overall was bad.

May 29, 2002 - Stuart Scott, an Orlando sportscaster alum who has "boo-yahed" his way to ESPN popularity, comes back to SportsCenter after a gut-wrenching two-month layoff. Next week he'll cover the NBA Finals and seem -- to use another of his catchphrases -- "as cool as the other side of the pillow."

Scott returns humbled after nearly losing a dear friend who has seen him through the last 36 years.

His left eye.

Reading a bill for a pizza he had ordered on Tuesday was still difficult. He has no idea what following the rolling words on a teleprompter will be like.

On April 3, Scott saw his life as a sportscaster flash before his eye.

One minute he was working out with some New York Jets. The next he was dazed, frightened and hearing the team ophthalmologist say that he needed emergency surgery.

Scott was preparing a three-part series on what it would be like to go through an NFL minicamp.

"It was no joke, not a George Plimpton thing," he said, referring to the writer who authored a daffy first-person account of playing quarterback with the Detroit Lions in the mid-'60s.

Scott, 36, is no pancaked pretty boy. He's a former prep football star and semi-pro player. He caught passes, ran a 4.6 40 and performed agility drills with the Jets. He then lined up with Laveranues Coles, Curtis Martin and other players in front of a high-powered machine that flings footballs.

Scott doesn't remember how it happened. But the point of a launched football struck him in the left eye, splitting his cornea and lens.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
This man single handedly caused my whole school to scream "BOOYA!!!" every time an awesome play happened during out Football games.

He will forever be as cool as the other side of the pillow.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I haven't really watched him in several years, but Stuart Scott is directly responsible for everything my buddies and I did in the mid-90's being described as "Straight Buttah".