R.I.P Wes Craven

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Grew up with with him and Stan Lee. Wasnt he pretty active? thought he was at SDCC

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Rest in peace
frown.png

Freddy still occasionally haunts my dreams some 25 years after first watching it and scaring the living shit out of me.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
fuck.
frown.png

one of the best horror directors of my childhood.
only a true master of he genre could give us this timeless awesome.
or this
or this

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yep really shitty. Now we are stuck with these fuck that think jump scares like paranormal activity are horror.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yah know, i still cant make myself watch that whole puppet scene. i mean fuck, i saw that movie in the theater with my girlfriend and soon as i realized freddy just ripped out that dude's veins to walk him off a building i had to hide my eyes like a little bitch. girlfriend just laughed at me and asked to pass the popcorn.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I grew up on his work. It's what got me into horror to begin with. I will certainly miss him. He brought me a lot of joy and terror.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
If Maverick and Iceman fucked every pilot in Top Gun it still wouldn't be as gay as Nightmare 2.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Every movie Jack Sholder did should be considered rape.

Anyone see Renegades? That shit almost ruined Young Guns for me.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
This blows. I remember going to see the first Nightmare with some friends, one of whom actually lived on Elm Street. He didn't want to go home after the movie.

Oldbased

> Than U
Funny( not really ) story about the original I saw sometime late in 1985 I think it was. Parents gone out of town, home alone at the age of 13 ( my older brother was checking on me time to time during the weekend but he was 20 and long moved out of house ). I didn't sleep for 3 days and it wasn't a enjoyable stay up all weekend and party kind of no sleep either. Was in a old civil war home that made all kinds of spooky/creepy noises that was 3 stories tall with a full dungeon type basement.
Looking back I think that one weekend fucked me up awhile. The only thing that redeemed me back to reality somewhat was another movie Enemy Mine which was on HBO or something.

GG. RIP Wes.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Back in the day I watched a bunch of the old gore-fest horror films from the 70's early 80's. But they were mostly playing the same old worn out schtick. It wasn't until I saw Nightmare on Elm st that I had a real moment of "that's a really good horror film!!"

Oh and I can also say I had a full on Freddie nightmare that scared me in a big way.

Anyway this is a sad day
RIP Wes

iannis

Musty Nester
Jesus. That puppet scene was FUCKED UP.

I never got into Nightmare on Elm Street. Watched like half of #1.

But yeah, that dude had a vision.