Racism - Lets keep it civil. Also, Gravy is white.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
But not if they also insulted his mother. There's room in heaven for child rapists, but a special place in hell for child rapists who don't respect Saint Mantooth.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I can't imagine living in a world where someone popping off at the mouth would never get their face smashed. I, for one, salute those who do it and I wish them the best. Don't hit me, Brahma.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I can't imagine living in a world where someone popping off at the mouth would never get their face smashed. I, for one, salute those who do it and I wish them the best. Don't hit me, Brahma.
I'd say there's a time and place for everything, but if you can be incited to violence by hurty words within seconds, you're nothing but a thug. End of story.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm a big fan of punching people in the face that want to run their mouths.

I've never done it, but I admire it.

I especially enjoy that any adult basically has enough power behind their punch to kill someone, either from the blunt force or the impact on the ground.

The real lesson is don't run your mouth and you probably won't get slugged.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I'm a big fan of punching people in the face that want to run their mouths.

I've never done it, but I admire it.

I especially enjoy that any adult basically has enough power behind their punch to kill someone, either from the blunt force or the impact on the ground.

The real lesson is don't run your mouth and you probably won't get slugged.
So which words are noodle-approved to punch people in the face about?

Can I go Brahma on a guy talking shit about the 1%? That is extremely hurty to me, and after all, if people want to run their mouth they should expect it.

Or wait... is violence only ok in situations you approve of? Is that maybe why we can't have subjective standards for when violence is ok?

Hmm. Deep thoughts.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>

Can I go Brahma on a guy talking shit about the 1%? That is extremely hurty to me, and after all, if people want to run their mouth they should expect it.

Or wait... is violence only ok in situations you approve of? Is that maybe why we can't have subjective standards for when violence is ok?

Hmm. Deep thoughts.
Nobody is saying that it's ok and shouldn't be punishable by the laws that already exist. We're talking about on a purely visceral level, it's very satisfying for a shit-talker to get his ass kicked. That said, I don't think you'd find much sympathy if you beat someone up for hating on you for being rich. Just throw some change at them and laugh about it at the country club later.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Nobody is saying that it's ok and shouldn't be punishable by the laws that already exist. We're talking about on a purely visceral level, it's very satisfying for a shit-talker to get his ass kicked. That said, I don't think you'd find much sympathy if you beat someone up for hating on you for being rich. Just throw some change at them and laugh about it at the country club later.
So it's only satisfying and visceral to physically assault someone for talking shit to groups you approve of, not shit-talking in general?

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I can't speak for all people, but if you started calling a black guy a monkey or American Inventor and he kicked your ass, I would laugh. If he came up to you and called you a rich faggot and you kicked his ass, I would probably laugh but not as hard. It's not a black and white world, Cad(no pun intended). There are varying degrees of things and I can't apply a yes/no to all situations.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I can't speak for all people, but if you started calling a black guy a monkey or American Inventor and he kicked your ass, I would laugh. If he came up to you and called you a rich faggot and you kicked his ass, I would probably laugh but not as hard. It's not a black and white world, Cad(no pun intended). There are varying degrees of things and I can't apply a yes/no to all situations.
As soon as you cross the line into physical violence is justified in X situation (and that situation isn't defense of self/others from imminent harm) it will absolutely devolve into the Wild West.

Take Zimmerman for example. Trayvon (likely) assaulted him for Zimmerman being a dipshit and following him around, maybe even talking shit. Trayvon did what you're advocating here, and got killed for it. Getting killed was justified under those facts because he did the assaulting.

If I say hurty words to black man (not that I really say hurty words to anybody) and he assaulted me, it's not like I've never been in a fight before. What if he starts it and I kick his ass? What then? Am I justified?

You guys are approaching this from a worldstar HAHA THAT GUY GOT REKT HE DESERVED IT standpoint and that way only leads to more violence. Lets say Brahma does kick my ass for me saying hurty words, then I come back later with a gun. What then? You think this is smart behavior? You think it's laughable and something to do?

I don't. And I'd teach my kids to laugh at idiots right up until they lay a finger on you and then to wreck them.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

Hmm. Deep thoughts.
I don't know, I don't go around punching people in the face.

Everything is so subject to laws. I believe people punching people in the face should face any penalties coming their way. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy a good ol fashion beat down.

You're trying to argue with me over words, but it's up to the person being Sassed

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
It's pretty dumb to resort to violence because of words. Use meanie words too if you feel the need to get back at them so bad. Throwing punches because someone said something offensive is the kind of things you expect from a child. A grown ass adult should have some self control.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Yes, they should have some self control, I agree. I would say the vast majority of people in 1st world countries have enough self control to both not talk shit to strangers and not hit strangers. I don't condone it, I'm not arguing in favor of it, but I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy witnessing a little street justice once in a while.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Obviously not, so why argue in favor of it?
I don't have to punch a person in the face to realize that punching someone in the face sometimes is justice enough.

I do watch a lot of street fighting compilations sometimes

Palum

what Suineg set it to
You know, this makes so much more sense now. Whitey Bulger wasn't a bad guy, he just didn't take kindly to racial slurs.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Calling Brahmas kids little N-words is not popping off at the mouth. Popping off at the mouth is a lot further than that. If someone is telling his kids that they're worthless stains on humanity and they're going to follow them home and rape their mother and there's nothing they can do about it because they're losers, even if they never utter the N-word, they're popping off at the mouth and would deserve a brahma beat down. No matter what their race was.

My problem with what brahma said is that he is giving a single fucking word power over him. Power over his own freedom and the well being of his family because he would likely go to jail ad / or lose his job. As long as people keep responding to simple words with such predictable violence they will 2nd class. I would hope if some white person called brahma's kids little N-words he would do what I do and take it as an opportunity to teach his kids that it's not a magical word and it should be laughed off as an indication that you're dealing with a mental midget.

It's pretty dumb to resort to violence because of words. Use meanie words too if you feel the need to get back at them so bad. Throwing punches because someone said something offensive is the kind of things you expect from a child. A grown ass adult should have some self control.
When people respond to meanie words with physical violence it's usually because they are outclassed and can't think of anything witty to say back.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I feel like you're popping off at the mouth with that post, so my bar may be set kind of low.