Raid: Shadow Legends

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I just finally got a smart phone, and was checking out some of these...

God damn is this thing a skinnerbox nightmare. I messed around for about 2 days, before saying. Nope, nope nope. and deleting it.
There are some idle games, where you can set things up in a few minutes, and then let it go auto, and come back later. This one seems entirely designed to try getting you to play it nearly nonstop. 1 hour marketplace restock. mine 5 times a day. Arena 15min reroll. Daily/weekly/monthies, that reward actually completing every daily. and those dailys being a not insignificant time invest. theres a bunch of them, not just 1 or 2 a day. and of course the daily, timed played reward. 2 hours for top iirc?

I don't know how any of you play stuff like this, without it just becoming your lives. and its not that its not "fun", or pay to win. its just so consuming of your life and time...
this one doesnt seem to have much.. any? offline progression. the 15 auto battle. does that expand? pay to expand it?

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Has anything changed? This game seems to be the new hotness, at least here for FoH, but I can't really get into a game unless it has full auto mode. I don't have a desk job, and so I'm on the move all the time. Basically, I'd like to be able to hit Go, and then put the phone in my pocket on power save mode, and just check it later. Then maybe get into the details at night when laying in bed or something?

Thanks for the input Dandai.
It has full auto in that you don’t need to push buttons, but auto repeat is limited (15 per day for campaign/xp grinding). I only still play because of my ability to macro using Nox. Without macros I would’ve quit long ago.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Has anything changed? This game seems to be the new hotness, at least here for FoH, but I can't really get into a game unless it has full auto mode. I don't have a desk job, and so I'm on the move all the time. Basically, I'd like to be able to hit Go, and then put the phone in my pocket on power save mode, and just check it later. Then maybe get into the details at night when laying in bed or something?

Thanks for the input Dandai.

Not particularly. They added 15 multi battle passes / day for non RaidPass subs, and I believe it is 40 for subs. They did test giving everyone extra multi a few weeks back, not sure if that was in anticipation of a permanent change or not. It honest to God should just be unlimited multi. One of the most frustrating aspects of the game, especially when you have 1,000+ sta to blow through and it only takes 20 seconds for you to clear a stage.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It has full auto in that you don’t need to push buttons, but auto repeat is limited (15 per day for campaign/xp grinding). I only still play because of my ability to macro using Nox. Without macros I would’ve quit long ago.
I tried Epic Seven, and couldn't get into that really either. Any other game suggestions along those lines with a bit more auto mode to it?

I suppose 15 auto repeats a day isn't terrible.

Crone

I just finally got a smart phone, and was checking out some of these...

God damn is this thing a skinnerbox nightmare. I messed around for about 2 days, before saying. Nope, nope nope. and deleting it.
There are some idle games, where you can set things up in a few minutes, and then let it go auto, and come back later. This one seems entirely designed to try getting you to play it nearly nonstop. 1 hour marketplace restock. mine 5 times a day. Arena 15min reroll. Daily/weekly/monthies, that reward actually completing every daily. and those dailys being a not insignificant time invest. theres a bunch of them, not just 1 or 2 a day. and of course the daily, timed played reward. 2 hours for top iirc?

I don't know how any of you play stuff like this, without it just becoming your lives. and its not that its not "fun", or pay to win. its just so consuming of your life and time...
this one doesnt seem to have much.. any? offline progression. the 15 auto battle. does that expand? pay to expand it?
What I've found is that these games become a lot easier if you're sitting in your cube all day, and can baby sit it. Lol. My job isn't like that at all, but I suspect many are. Or they have commutes on public transit, or something similar that gives them time to play. 20 minute take a shit breaks I suppose, or over lunch?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Mine is typically from my cube on the charger stand so I can baby it while sitting on conference calls and updating Visio diagrams....

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
There's enough to play if you are hyper active, yet not feel you are falling behind if you barely get the the dailies done. My energy was over max until I was level 40 something.

Who would you 6 star next, Souldrinker or Alure? Allure seems better overall but im more focused on CB.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
I tried Epic Seven, and couldn't get into that really either. Any other game suggestions along those lines with a bit more auto mode to it?

I suppose 15 auto repeats a day isn't terrible.
I've been playing King's Raid for the past two years and still enjoying it quite a bit. They release content and updates pretty consistently.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
/r/gachagaming has constant lists and threads about suggestions as well. There’s some game about to get a US release that everyone was super hype for, but can’t remember what it is. Some anime weeb thing.

Crone

/r/gachagaming has constant lists and threads about suggestions as well. There’s some game about to get a US release that everyone was super hype for, but can’t remember what it is. Some anime weeb thing.
Awesome, I'll take a look. The last one I really got into was Summoner's War, but I had a different job, and different play times back then compared to now. I need more auto in my life! Lol

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
At least in bronze 2/3 find it odd people who clearly have lots of blue/epics etc, still sometimes a running green night elf sniper? Even seen a few people run 2 of them. Likewise green crusader to a lesser extent. Need to dive into a wiki or something as I get more drawn into this. At the point I have some nice ish stuff I think, but need to start sacrificing 4 star's to level up stuff and don't know which blues might be worth keeping or not.

Ditto not sure what meta is on what gear sets ideal or not, but stacking up on random divine/savage/etc etc.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
At least in bronze 2/3 find it odd people who clearly have lots of blue/epics etc, still sometimes a running green night elf sniper? Even seen a few people run 2 of them. Likewise green crusader to a lesser extent. Need to dive into a wiki or something as I get more drawn into this. At the point I have some nice ish stuff I think, but need to start sacrificing 4 star's to level up stuff and don't know which blues might be worth keeping or not.

Ditto not sure what meta is on what gear sets ideal or not, but stacking up on random divine/savage/etc etc.

It kind of all depends on where you are in the game or what your goals are more oriented toward. Clan Boss or Arena? Some champs want or benefit from specific sets, a lot of emphasis toward Lifesteal sets in some cases. Some Hero work fine in broken sets with good rolls on primary stats.

Also they just added Amazon Prime linking. Ultimate Galek is a free Epic from it.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ya i got him but unsure what to equip him in for example. With the free support bitch early seems a good combo to always be rolling in the good version of his attacks.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Ya i got him but unsure what to equip him in for example. With the free support bitch early seems a good combo to always be rolling in the good version of his attacks.
In general, you can’t go wrong with speed. For clan boss you want accuracy. For PVP speed is pretty much king as whoever attacks first is likely to win. Shield set on one of your supports also helps in PVP.

For PVE you want at least 75% crit (guaranteed crit against an elemental weak opponent).

CallTheMMOGi

Silver Squire
pff, I loved raid at one point, now I'm hating it, dragon champions or rising star - battlerise kingdom of champions is a better choice without a doubt! the content there is even out and top notch quality, while in raid you just got fancy graphics, stale combat and way too many char. so difficult to focus there on what's what :p

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
I stopped playing around Christmas time. Too much stick and not enough carrot to keep me interested.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I’m still active mostly daily. Usually only to do dailies and collect shards for future 2x pull events and stack stamina. Gave up trying to min/max resources or really max out any of the tournaments or events. I’ve cleared all the dungeons except Spider 20 and comfortably do Nightmare CB. Now it is just grinding Dragon 20 in hopes of perfect rolls on Lifesteal gear or Speed gear. I could work in an unkillable Ultra Nightmare CB team but that is being merged next patch.

They do have some good QoL changes coming though that should help farming and equipment management. Game could really use some actual content though. It really lacks in that department compared to other games.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Just kind of bumping this because of all the drama lately. Tons of server issues, questionable decisions by Plarium with horrible PR, basically no new content still and a lot of empty promises, addition of another monthly sub option on top of the already monthly sub raid pass.... basically the whole this is a shit show at the moment.

A lot of the YouTube content creators are either abandoning ship or starting to put content out for other games. Most recently that has been for Calabria - Crystal Guardians. Looks very similar to Summoners War with something else thrown in I can’t remember. Might make a thread and see if anyone else is playing and has an opinion. Otherwise I’m getting pretty close to the end of caring about Raid as well unless Plarium finally acts like it gives a shit.

sukik

Calabria looked and felt way too much like Summoners War for me. If I wanted to play a game like a job I'd just fire up summoner's war again.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
So apparently the big thing now is that if you go to the Player Portrait > Support it opens up a browser window with the support URL up top. If you scroll all the way to the end you’ll see a string for DepositsCount=#####

Took a look at mine and really can’t come up with the total in my head. Guess it is just a $5 pack here, monthly pass there over the last year. Oh well. Pretty much moved on at this point and am enjoying Seven Deadly Sins. Was gonna make a thread for it if anyone else is playing.

1BAD4EB4-B1B8-41E9-8C8A-A1295453A0B0.jpeg