RaiderZ

Waffles_sl

shitlord
Greetings fellow gamers,

I have recently been playing an MMORPG called RaiderZ. I started playing Having little, to only negative expectations for this game, to having probably the most fun I've had in an MMO since well.. the MMORPG genre was invented.
I am, however, by no means a master of this game, and I have not yet gotten to the current maximum level of 40, nor have I experienced the end game content, so my knowledge is as extensive as a first-time level 34 berzerker.

Getting started was a pain in the ass. Right off the bat this game seemed like a big, stinky, flop of a game. The visuals seemed sub-par, and due to a technical issue with the game and an incompatibility with High-end video cards, I could not turn the shadows up to normal without crashing my computer. The music was super-stupid loud and There is No way to turn it down Until you have fully created a character and got into the game to use the interface to summon your options menu.

Despite its short-comings The game seems to bank on the fact that combat is extremely satisfying. The feeling you get when you crush an enemy into the ground with the slow, heavy swing of a ridiculously over-sized hunk of metal shaped like a sword, or igniting a pile of your enemies with a (beautifully animated) fiery, warp speed, space rock you just summoned over it's head seem to mitigate all my former frustrations. The music itself (after finally getting to turn it down to 25%) had become a very enjoyable addition to the game. I am constantly being impressed with it's use to generate an appropriate mood setting for different zones, and the complexity of the compositions far surpassed any of my expectations (and this is coming from someone who will generally turn ALL music to 0% in almost any game).

I have run into difficulty trying to find information on this game with the internet.. For example: there is a creature that drops an item I need to purchase/craft a piece of gear I want. little did i know he only spawned at night.. it took ages for me to figure out that this was the case. this, however, is not a downside to me. I like the feeling of mystery brought about by a lack of knowledge of the game, it makes that "eureka" moment all the more sweeter.

I was wondering if there were any other players who shared any similar experience with the game or just wish to talk about their characters or shenanigans in Raiderz.

ps. If anyone can tell me why Musical Instrument Shop Owner Ravel Is not showing me her shop inventory, that would be swell.
ps update: level 35 now, I have finished all the quests that the old man in the music shop gives me. Still cannot see her goods. if I am missing something let me know.
<---------- level 40 edit:02/21/2014
rrr_img_60274.jpg

rrr_img_60275.jpg

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I have the source code to this game.

Definitely has potential in the engine itself. But the direction the content is taken in... it's a mix of WoW and monster hunter. Which isn't a bad thing.

If PWE would drop GameGuard and MAIET make it so you can open chrome at the same time as the game i'd certainly recommend trying it.

Some screenshots of the level editor. Pretty awesome. Bottom screenshot is an area a friend and I made in 30 minutes using pre-existing geometry.

896c20a9f0.jpg

d5bc4ef44b.jpg

56b75cf0a1.jpg

PS: Jake... you're adorable. ;-;

Waffles_sl

shitlord
I have the source code to this game.

Definitely has potential in the engine itself. But the direction the content is taken in... it's a mix of WoW and monster hunter. Which isn't a bad thing.

If PWE would drop GameGuard and MAIET make it so you can open chrome at the same time as the game i'd certainly recommend trying it.

Some screenshots of the level editor. Pretty awesome. Bottom screenshot is an area a friend and I made in 30 minutes using pre-existing geometry.

896c20a9f0.jpg

d5bc4ef44b.jpg

56b75cf0a1.jpg

PS: Jake... you're adorable. ;-;
omf that's pretty nifty. I hope future patches for this game bring about some new and interesting things.
one thing I know is I love the boss fights in this game each new one is a very interesting dynamic fight. so much funn.
awwh nawwh <3

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
I tried this back when it was in beta as an upgrade to Vindictus but didn't deliver. Guess I'll give it another shot since there's nothin to play lately.