Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2 (2018)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I hope this flops only because I don’t want to watch it 94 times again.

This will make BILLIONS. My daughter saw the Disney princess's and damn near fainted.

My kids love these films. I wish I did. About the only thing that got me was this....
3079130D-3BB5-4753-9ABE-BC05264F529F.png

Right in the fucking feels

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I totally suck at finding Easter eggs and I don't even bother because of it. So yeah I never noticed that, but that is completely awesome.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I remember when people used to complain about things worth complaining about, rather than "a non-white-male had a scene/did something!" That scene doesn't even pass the Bechdel test, which I have to imagine is a pretty low bar in the "SJW" realm. I think it's perfectly fair to make fun of how fucking weird/creepy fairy tales and the Disney adaptions can be, and people have observed that for some time.

Ya'll just a bunch of old men yelling at clouds, chill out and enjoy what will probably be a better pop culture buffet than Ready Player One was

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I'm sure the wife and I will make a night of seeing this, we both enjoyed the first and it looks like they're playing it smart enough to do "more of that.. BUT WITH THE INTERWEBS!"

Cybsled

I remember when people used to complain about things worth complaining about, rather than "a non-white-male had a scene/did something!" That scene doesn't even pass the Bechdel test, which I have to imagine is a pretty low bar in the "SJW" realm. I think it's perfectly fair to make fun of how fucking weird/creepy fairy tales and the Disney adaptions can be, and people have observed that for some time.

Ya'll just a bunch of old men yelling at clouds, chill out and enjoy what will probably be a better pop culture buffet than Ready Player One was

Pretty much. If you couldn't see the fact they were poking fun at the tropes for most of those Disney princesses, then you're exactly the same as the SJW folks you laugh at for getting triggered by everything.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

Don't really care about the line, the joke worked so meh. My main problem is SJW shit when its clearly done over creating a better quality story. Only thing I'm leery about is Silverman has gone insane with the cult past couple of years, but I'll be annoyed when I see it.

That said, when people bring this up it ironically shows exactly why people were hesitant about female leads for a long time. None of the Disney princesses suffered anything significantly worse than male main characters do. Most of the struggles they discuss are just things you associate with heroic characters. We just find it shocking because its happening to women, so it sticks in our memory better. Poisoned, cursed, kidnapped/enslaved? That's just standard fare. Its only really odd because, again, its happening to a woman--for a man that shit just builds character.

Any case, hoping this does well. Really enjoyed the first one.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, go back to nitpicking like sane people. Like how Vanellope can now exit her game at will despite maintaining the ability to glitch, which was clearly stated to be a universal rule and not in any way related to Turbo's locking of her original personality.

And I swear to god if Yoda shows up and says that it is "only true from a certain point of view" to canonically fix it...

• 1Worf

Jait

Molten Core Raider
When someone stops to post whines about whiners it makes me want to whine about that too. Fucking pussies need to comment on everything. Event comments about comments.

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
lol just saw one of those youtube vids that pointed out something pretty fucked up when you stop and think about it. Remember Sgt Calhoun's backstory about her fiancee getting eaten by a bug right before they tied the knot? Remember what happens when the Cy-Bug eats Turbo?

Yeah, Calhoun didn't just gun down the Cy-Bug that killed her fiancee, she killed the Cy-Bug that was turning into/had already turned into her fiancee. Makes that 'most tragic backstory ever' even more fucked up.

• 1Solidarity

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
lol just saw one of those youtube vids that pointed out something pretty fucked up when you stop and think about it. Remember Sgt Calhoun's backstory about her fiancee getting eaten by a bug right before they tied the knot? Remember what happens when the Cy-Bug eats Turbo?

Yeah, Calhoun didn't just gun down the Cy-Bug that killed her fiancee, she killed the Cy-Bug that was turning into/had already turned into her fiancee. Makes that 'most tragic backstory ever' even more fucked up.

Yeah, we're talking about a movie where Ralph literally thanks Satan. It's got some grain to it.