Rambo V

Szlia

Pretty interesting movie was that John Rambo. A super dry and lean film (I think it's like 77 min without the credits), it felt like a '80s italian action film with the over the top violence and practical effects. One of the strength of the film was also to use a pretty heavy context, exploring the bad conscience of the occidental involvement in South East Asia (the people they are trying to help fought alongside the brits and are still paying for it decades later - a bit like the Degar/Montagnards in Vietnam). I am not sure you can have something like this work with the war on drugs... but let's be cautiously optimistic.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
stallone for life. been paying to see his films since the 80s. he's still got my money.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
He won't have the dominating mass he had in Rambo (2008), the 60's has proven to be your last hurrah with "young dude mass" even if you are enhanced (another hard example, Vince McMahon). But he will still be in kick ass shape.

Would have liked to see the screen presence he had in Rambo (2008) make a return but there are hard limits when it comes to age.

Getting to Rambo (2008) size would probably be a serious health risk and even if he could, might end his life at his age. He was the most yolked he's ever been in that movie. Still blows my mind he was in that kind of shape in his 60's.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
He won't have the dominating mass he had in Rambo (2008), the 60's has proven to be your last hurrah with "young dude mass" even if you are enhanced (another hard example, Vince McMahon). But he will still be in kick ass shape.

Would have liked to see the screen presence he had in Rambo (2008) make a return but there are hard limits when it comes to age.

Getting to Rambo (2008) size would probably be a serious health risk and even if he could, might end his life at his age. He was the most yolked he's ever been in that movie. Still blows my mind he was in that kind of shape in his 60's.
he blew your mind 10 years ago. while it may be harder this time, dont count the guy out, people have been wrongly writing him off for decades.

• 2Like

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
fuck yeah, 72 isnt too old to operate a .50 cal.

sure didnt stop this 89yo WW2 vet from burning the fuck out of everything with a flamethrower.

Will Hayden, the main dude in that series, went to jail for rape and child molestation.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
giphy.gif

• 2Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
HGH resulted in a 60+ year old man looking more jacked than your average bro. He's still huge. Expect nothing less. Also, digital age. As long as he's kicking ass against bad guys.... Sold.

• 1Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
For a minute I thought that was Hot Shots, equally excellent action scenes

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I vaguely remember the last one where he was old - It had lots of great but some weak points, maybe involving story/plot/love line? I don't remember. Less of that and more of the action. It can be done. easily. There can be a plot. There can be a message. but make it underlining.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I vaguely remember the last one where he was old - It had lots of great but some weak points, maybe involving story/plot/love line? I don't remember. Less of that and more of the action. It can be done. easily. There can be a plot. There can be a message. but make it underlining.

You should rewatch it. That second gif I posted is from it, and there's more where that came from. But yeah. Rambo is an old-ass dude, they had to have some non-action stuff in it.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You should rewatch it. That second gif I posted is from it, and there's more where that came from. But yeah. Rambo is an old-ass dude, they had to have some non-action stuff in it.
they had to have some reason to get rambo on a psychotic killing spree. they established these dumb white snowflakes were going to their deaths and they needed rambo to fucking kill everyone in order to rescue them. he liked the one chick, because she was the only girl in the movie with dialogue. then she went for the snowflake instead and then he felt bad.

Rambo was so badass he detonated a massive bomb that killed everyone in the jungle.
cept him.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hope there is something in this like the 50 cal scene.

that 50 cal scene was amazing. You left the theater thinking if someone actually died in the filming of that scene...it would have been worth it.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users