Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Someone make the okay,okay,okay REEEEEE meme

Rambo : kill back wood good ol boy rednecks
Rambo 2: kill some Vietnam bros
Rambo 3: kill some sand russians
Rambo 4: kill some more asians
Rambo 5: kill cartel Mexicans - RRREEEEEEEEE
how many reees would they have made if he had gone to South Africa to save the white farmers from the blacks taking away their land?

• 5Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Fedor

<Banned>
N4D8Rqd.png

giphy.gif

• 9Worf
Reactions: 8 users

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
Just got back from seeing it with my father. It was everything you could want from a Trump movie. If the final scene had the American flag flying in the shot it would have been a 10/10.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I have mixed feelings about this one.

The Violence is pretty top notch. The problem is that it is violence, not action. This isn't really an action movie so much as a revenge movie, in my opinion. And after how depressing the mood of Rambo was, along with the depressing nature of Rambo: First Blood, I was hoping Rambo would go out on, if not happy, at least a place of peace, in the end (obviously not during, but in the end).

The calls of racism are obviously overblown. The primary reason people want to call it racist is the direct parallel to Trump saying "they're not sending their best, they are sending criminals, rapists" with mexicans coming over and causing chaos. The problem is, no one from Mexico comes to America in this movie with ill intent against America. Pretty sure none of these guys could have given 2 shits about America til John Rambo started fucking up their days. Rambo probably causes more problems for Mexico than the Mexicans cause for America.

I like seeing Stallone kicking ass in his 70s, but I really feel like Rambo was a better end to the series than showing us Rambo had found some peace in America (which was previously denied to him in First Blood 1 and 2). Stallone isn't the action star he was in Part 3, and we already explored a sad man losing people, rescuing and avenging them, then coming home in Rambo.

Stallone's characters are so great and I am sure there was some way to do a Rocky Balboa into Creed with Rambo into Last Blood, but what we got was a Sad man, lost in the world finally getting some peace into being even sadder and angrier and sad again, regretting even surviving at one point.

Anyway, enough negativity, if you want to see Rambo kill some people in fucking awesome ways, this movie has it. Plus, the run time is short enough that once it gets going, it keeps it in high gear for the rest of the show, so it's never dull. i just wanted better for Rambo as he rode into the sunset.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Saw the trailer for this recently, YouTube maybe?, and in the trailer he appears to be confronting a gang. They surround him, cam jars away and then back and they're fighting. Next scene. This could have been bad editing, but it rubbed me the wrong way. I feel like Rambo wouldn't have confronted them; he would have ambushed them.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i saw it, the theater was maybe a third full. if it was full i would have taken a pic, but still enough people cheering all the kills. some nitwits brought their small children with them, like 3 and 4 yr olds. rambo basically kills everything
its not a perfect movie, it gets rather silly at times and its for the best that this is the last Rambo film, Sly finally looks like an old man. all that aside, he skullfucks anyone who gets in his way. its easily as brutal as the last film. lots of kabooms
if you played Mortal Kombat with gore options enabled, this is the movie for you. 8/10

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
The movie was fun to see but it had some issues. It could have been Stallone playing any random character instead of Rambo and I dont think the movie would have been much different. It didnt really add anything to the Rambo series like Creed did.

It was obvious the whole point was to set up a ridiculous over the top end and it delivered. They should have cut 10 minutes from the first half which dragged a bit and added 10 minutes to slow down the finale and let the kills have time to breathe. The theatre was somewhat empty (10pm) but we were all laughing and excited at how over the top it was. It could have been great with some better pacing.

This is totally a group or packed theatre type movie .

A side note - I saw the last Rambo movie in theatre as well. I will always remember this hispanic family sitting behind us. There was a baby, and two 8-12ish year olds with them. I vividly remember looking back at them during the infamous machine gun scene when everyone is getting blown apart just to see how the kids were reacting. I made eye contact with one and he just busted out giggling uncontrollably and I couldnt stop laughing the entire scene either. When I was getting my tickets for this one, another hispanic family with about the same age kids bought some too. The simulation is real!

• 1Worf

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The beginning dragged a bit but I was glad to see his character arc come full circle. The ending was great.

It was Home Alone meets Rambo. Do not go in expecting anything else.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
See that 'critic consensus' is an accurate criticism of the film (and all the sequels) but that's not actually what the critics are reeeing about. So yet another sneaky way that RT is being dishonest.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
See that 'critic consensus' is an accurate criticism of the film (and all the sequels) but that's not actually what the critics are reeeing about. So yet another sneaky way that RT is being dishonest.
giphy.gif

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Honestly, I was disappointed, I didn't think any of the violence was especially memorable. The last movie was extremely satisfying, this one didn't have the same impact.

Damn now I feel like watching the prior iteration.

• 1Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member

This is what I was talking about earlier. This is every fucking movie that is not an Art House piece of shit nowadays.

As a bit of a tangent, probably one of my fav Stallone movie remains Get Carter. It was an actually well done, dark-ish revenge flick where he is a bit of a good bad guy. Or a bad guy in the midst of redemption. Either way, I still rewatch it occasionally, one of my guilty pleasures.

Huh, I just googled it to make sure I didn't fuck up the name and it was a remake of a 1971 movie. Cool.

I don't do theatres anymore, but I look forward to seeing this movie as soon as it hits streaming services.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Honestly, I was disappointed, I didn't think any of the violence was especially memorable. The last movie was extremely satisfying, this one didn't have the same impact.

Damn now I feel like watching the prior iteration.
oh there was some memorable scenes, you must be super jaded to violence. let me refresh your memory
when he "persuaded" the one fuck in the snakeskin jacket to tell him where his niece was being held, he dug the dude's broken bones out with his hands, then when he stormed the whorehouse where the niece was and he went all clobbering time on the males inside with a hammer. the way he took down the one martinze bros compund and took his head . the theater cheered when he chucked it out onto the highway.
i could keep going. i did enjoy the random shots of the Trump wall and scenes of the rubble that is mexico . lots of good stuff. but as i said, earlier, i agree it was a bit of a letdown in some places. rambo is too old to be intimidating looking. not saying he wasnt intimidating in his actions, but in Rambo 4, he looked like pure rage.

DF37A927-BCD7-4335-8659-1259ED312105.jpeg

as opposed to this one where he looked like he was pure annoyance.
rambo-last-blood.jpg

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
As I told you Chuk using the Vince McMahon example, another enhanced athlete, there is a certain age where your skeleton and muscle just can't maintain "that look" anymore.

It seems to be by the late 60's theres just nothing that can be done. You can be in "great shape", and Vince still is, but the youthful fullness of the muscles and skeleton that can compete in appearance with men age 20, thats not possible to maintain even with drug use.

Your 60's is your last hurrah before you are officially OLD.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
As I told you Chuk using the Vince McMahon example, another enhanced athlete, there is a certain age where your skeleton and muscle just can't maintain "that look" anymore.

It seems to be by the late 60's theres just nothing that can be done. You can be in "great shape", and Vince still is, but the youthful fullness of the muscles and skeleton that can compete in appearance with men age 20, thats not possible to maintain even with drug use.

Your 60's is your last hurrah before you are officially OLD.
oh, i agree, though kudos to Sly for still keeping his shit together even at his age, he is just a bit too old for this shit. its sad because there is nobody ugly enough to take his place. Sly was never a prettyboy, i mean he tried really hard to improve his appearance, but he will always be more macho cavemen virile than teen heartthrob good looking. its why guys will always relate to him and Stallone knows who his audience is.

• 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
oh, i agree, though kudos to Sly for still keeping his shit together even at his age, he is just a bit too old for this shit. its sad because there is nobody ugly enough to take his place. Sly was never a prettyboy, i mean he tried really hard to improve his appearance, but he will always be more macho cavemen virile than teen heartthrob good looking. its why guys will always relate to him and Stallone knows who his audience is.

I was browsing fast earlier I got you now.

Yeah being able to see the end of the era on the screen is a bit of a bummer. It takes away a bit from what would be an ideal sendoff in the last movie in 2008.

I'm still glad we got 1 more though to remember it, make it relevant to a a lot of people, one last time-- before its just relevant to only a few of us fucks again about 10-15 years from now.

Yeah, I guess that's really it for 80's action. This is the final decade... I never thought of it like that.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
it did pretty good, tied for second place with ad astra this weekend.
rambo5.png

Last edited:
  • 2Like