Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I've just started Titanic for the first time.

I never watched it until now because I was a hipster in 1997 - 10 years before hipsters were even a thing.

My friend once said my personality is like a negative of a photo, everything everyone else likes I dislike.
How the fuck could you have never seen it? While it's still a romance movie, it's pretty fucking amazing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
The answer is explained in the post you've quoted.
I saw you say you were a hipster before hipsters even though the term was coined in the era you stated you were a hipster

And then I sorta lost interest.

either way, it’s weird you haven’t seen it, but enjoy,

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I saw you say you were a hipster before hipsters even though the term was coined in the era you stated you were a hipster

Wrong

1706917437195.png

If anyone knows it's Vice, the literal hipster bible.

And I'm not enjoying it. I turned on my desktop PC so that I could reply to someone from an alt Twitter account and haven't turned it off, Titanic is just background noise at this point

Last edited:

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
1706918108169.png

Twilight with the Rifftrax commentary track one of my favorite things they've ever done.

• 1Great Review
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The answer is explained in the post you've quoted.
1997 was 26 years ago. Now I'm pretty sure its been available to watch in various forms in the last 26 years, even in the 3rd world nation of England. Are you trying to claim hipster status for the last 26 years?

• 1Worf

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wrong

View attachment 512602

And I'm not enjoying it. I turned on my desktop PC so that I could reply to someone from an alt account and haven't turned it off, Titanic is just background noise at this point
An Alt account? So Folder is your alt account? It all makes sense now.

• 1Rustled

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
1997 was 26 years ago. Now I'm pretty sure its been available to watch in various forms in the last 26 years, even in the 3rd world nation of England. Are you trying to claim hipster status for the last 26 years?

27 years ago lol.

Yes, I've steadfastly refused to watch it until tonight. It got more interesting since the iceberg hit but I'm still on my PC at the same time as it's on

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I've never watched Titanic, I know the premise and memes but never watched the movie besides see it at friends house in the background.

Everytime I tried to pay attention and watch It i was out within a minute. Movie sucks, I remember kids loving that movie, watching it 3-4 times in the theatre and buying that stupid necklace. Pretty sure they ended up being gay or in prison. I'm not joking, the guys I know that loved that movie are in prison or are gay

Last edited:

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Wrong

View attachment 512602

And I'm not enjoying it. I turned on my desktop PC so that I could reply to someone from an alt Twitter account and haven't turned it off, Titanic is just background noise at this point

I dunno what to tell you bro, Steve Urkel literally started the fashion craze and we were using the term when I was in high school in the mid and late 90s. Hell, we had a club for them even.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I dunno what to tell you bro, Steve Urkel literally started the craze and we were using the term when I was in high school in the mid and late 90s.

1706920489635.png

Steve Urkel

Ok, think you don't know what you're talking about.

It's irrelevant anyway, because I wasn't using the term "hipster" in a way that referred to the specific subculture most recently associated with the term "hipster" eg Vice magazine, American Apparel, Williamsburg, gentrification, warehouse parties, fixie bikes etc

1706920685533.png

this is how I was using it. I was 16 when Titanic was out and everyone was going crazy about it. Therefore I refused to watch it. This shouldn't have been this hard to understand.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I've never watched Titanic, I know the premise and memes but never watched the movie besides see it at friends house in the background.

Everytime I tried to pay attention and watch It i was out within a minute. Movie sucks, I remember kids loving that movie, watching it 3/4 times in the theatre and buying that stupid necklace.
Same, I've probably only watched 20ish minutes in bits of the movie. When it came out, my gf at the time ended up seeing it with her friends. Didn't have to see it. lol

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>

View attachment 512617

Ok, think you don't know what you're talking about.

It's irrelevant anyway, because I wasn't using the term "hipster" in a way that referred to the specific subculture most recently associated with the term "hipster" eg Vice magazine, American Apparel, Williamsburg, gentrification, warehouse parties, fixie bikes etc

View attachment 512619

this is how I was using it. I was 16 when Titanic was out and everyone was going crazy about it. Therefore I refused to watch it. This shouldn't have been this hard to understand.

Got it, so you hated things everyone else was did because you were a hipster before anyone else was, but you didn’t mean you were hipster as it pertains to how they act without our society…even though you stated that’s exactly what you did.

gotcha.

🙄

Again don’t know what to tell ya but the term and meanings been around longer than you’re stating here.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Got it, so you hated things everyone else was did because you were a hipster before anyone else was, but you didn’t mean you were hipster as it pertains to how they act without our society…even though you stated that’s exactly what you did.

gotcha.

🙄

Again don’t know what to tell ya but the term and meanings been around longer than you’re stating here.

I think the joke went over your head because you're autistic and can't read people