Reacher

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Don't know how army works but AFOSI had different grooming standards to facilitate undercover work. That's a common Hollywood mistake though.
I cringed more at the O club fight. They could have kept the exact scene and just called it random dive bar.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Don't know how army works but AFOSI had different grooming standards to facilitate undercover work. That's a common Hollywood mistake though.
I cringed more at the O club fight. They could have kept the exact scene and just called it random dive bar.
Yeah I don't know about their unit but there is tons of times you are not supposed to look military. Recon guys always had beards grown out and what not

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That Terminator joke had me choking on my coffee, didn't see that shit coming hahahahaha.

• 7Like
  • 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Good start to the season but I am kinda unclear what's going on.

What god his old crew to start digging into this exactly? They all had different jobs. Going after an entire unit to protect your illegal operation seems a bit much unless its some weird personal thing we've yet to see.

• 1Like

Homsar

What god his old crew to start digging into this exactly? They all had different jobs. Going after an entire unit to protect your illegal operation seems a bit much unless its some weird personal thing we've yet to see.
Isnt this based on one of the books? Pretty much a domino effect of the unit. Can't say I really care for the baddy

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
That and there is no way that concrete was still that liquid, and if they mixed and poured it themselves someone would notice the fuck up.

• 1Like

Homsar

It should have just been a bar and not officers club. They don't act like that at all

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

From the first three episodes:
One of the crew worked for the New Age company. Found shady stuff going on and involved 2 others of his old unit. Enter Reacher and the rest of the unit trying to find wtf is going on.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
After the first 3 episodes, I like this better than s1, and I thought S1 was pretty good.

The extended team work play off each other really well, action is good and story is interesting.

Occasionally lols too, Robert Patrick's reaction to the Terminator joke was great.
Haha that Terminator line was great.

Homsar

Ok I missed that joke. I'm on workers comp for 3 weeks so I'm sure I'll rewatch again.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I may have been multitasking at the time, but I have zero clue out of the flashback crew who died in the interim vs. is currently unreachable vs. wasn't mentioned (and therefore will probably die in the flashbacks).

I was also assuming younger white guy would end up being the mole, but that may just be me assuming modern Hollywood can't have even two good white guys in the same project.

• 1Like

Homsar

I think the 1 member is still alive. Like I mentioned isn't this following one of a certain novels?

I liked when Robert Patrick was confused on wth the big guy is while dropping him out

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Only Neagley and Reacher are back from s1. The love interest this time is a similar arc; questionably good looking when first introduced in uniform but gets better with her hair down.

Definitely more violent with Wick level kill counts. I guess he can be more violent when set in NYC vs small town. Good first 3 episode. Sucks having to wait.
Never read the book but given

they had sex already I think she's living on borrowed time.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
The reviews are now in for the second season of Amazon Prime Video’s acclaimed “Reacher” which launches on Friday and so far the verdict is stellar.
The series has already seen a jump on Rotten Tomatoes from last season, the title currently sitting at a perfect 100% (8.3/10) compared to the first season’s 92% (7.3/10). The new run is based on the eleventh book “Bad Luck and Trouble” in the Lee Child novel series.
The second season will see Reacher trying to uncover who is killing members of his former U.S. Army unit, the 110th MP Special Investigations. Reacher reunites with three of his former teammates (Maria Sten, Serinda Swan and Shaun Sipos), who begin to connect the dots in a mystery where the stakes get higher at every turn.

Here’s a sampling of quotes from reviews:
“Where the first season was more grounded in some sense of reality, this season feels like a genre playground, where Reacher operates like a flawless, unstoppable deity and the show is allowed to be as gratuitous, goofy, and bloody as it needs to be.” – Kyle Fowle, TV Guide
“A brawnier, funnier, and more potently entertaining season than its inaugural outing. No wonder Season 3 has already been greenlit.” – Amon Warmann, Empire Magazine
“While the investigative work is absorbing and the badinage lively enough, it boils down to the ultraviolence, which is relentlessly inventive and overblown.” – Gabriel Tate, Daily Telegraph
“[Ritchson’s] intimidating presence (and ability to lace it with mordant humor) goes a long way toward establishing this saga as one of the best things to happen to the beat-‘em-up genre in decades.” – Nick Schager, The Daily Beast
“This series is a rollicking success with its gonzo action, tight storytelling, and game cast. On almost all production levels too, from the art direction to editing, the series comes up aces.” – Jeff York, The Establishing Shot
“Reacher isn’t just one of Prime Video’s biggest original shows; it’s also one of its very best. Ritchson is at his very best and he’s surrounded by a stellar cast and crew that go to great lengths to create the action drama TV fans miss so dearly.” – Charlie Ridgely, ComicBook.com
“Lee Child has created a thinking person’s pulpy action hero for the ages, and in Season 2, Alan Ritchson has perfected his interpretation for readers and non-readers alike, yet again delivering one of the best TV shows of the year.” – Aaron Peterson, The Hollywood Outsider
“Unlike its predecessor which took a while to establish its premise, Reacher season 2 makes it clear from the get-go that this new mission is personal.” – Ana Dumaraog, Screen Rant
“Reacher is the series that stands as the “crème de la crème” of Dad TV, and Season 2 only helps cement its status. It’s not even a guilty pleasure; it’s just good television. – Nate Richard, Collider
200.gif

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I fast forward through any of the female fight scenes at this point. And what the fuck was with that construction site fight? Ignoring the wet concrete that changed consistency, Reacher domed that guy with a cement block and the other guy just acted like he'd been hit with a rolled newspaper.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just finished all 3eps last night, man our boy beefed up from Season 1 to 2, Reacher is "HUGE". The casting this season appears to be way better then the first season IMO. I liked his IDGF attitude from the first season compared to two (Reminds me of Hood from Banshee), but ill hold that thought until I finish all of two.

• 1Like

fris

Vyemm Raider
Gotta turn your brains off for this guys. Wet concrete in the middle of the night, gun fight in a house in Queens and no cops for about an hour, Random hard drives from servers, don't over think it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Gotta turn your brains off for this guys. Wet concrete in the middle of the night, gun fight in a house in Queens and no cops for about an hour, Random hard drives from servers, don't over think it.
I don't mind any of this as long as the overall villain plot is remotely clear.

Seems to be an arms deal of some kind so far.