Reacher

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Whoever said a few pages back you need to turn your brain off is right on. There are so many implausible things I treat it more as a superhero story than any kind of milsim or realism story.

Yeah. It's fun to point out some of the more ridiculous stuff but I'm still enjoying the season. It is what it is. I have to say though I liked S1 more where he was just a mysterious stranger and there were way less characters. I'm hoping S3 goes back to that and not this Avengers team shit. The cop this season is also a horrendous stereotype unlike Roscoe and the tweed suit black guy in S1. It helped a little that they actually made fun of Domenick Lombardozzi's character saying he was just like the angry detective in that movie...Which movie? All of them.

Last edited:

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I have no problem with the books being one thing and the show another. I've read all the books. They are great reads but they are like bubble gum, good but not long lasting. I'm entertained but damn if I can remember the plots of any of them. John Sandford Prey novels are the same way but this isn't the book thread.

It's just that usually the cop/guard/civilian helping reacher (in the books) doesn't end up deceased, that I can recall. So I was a little surprised by this week's episode.

Also can someone point me to where it shows how to put stuff in spoilers?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Screenshot_2024-01-06-16-12-39-14_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~2.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
people saying that video is deceptively edited. he said he wasn't on T in s1. was taking T after.

heres that source. 2:40 is where the clips are from mostly. earlier is still interesting. "pizza and ice cream, every day is a cheat day. 30min workouts, daily..."
he says he started taking T and its a miracle. no claims of HGH.
Any bodybuilder that is in the spotlight, like he is, is in a bit of a tough spot. In order to use steroids in the safest way possible, a person needs to be educated on them or they can fuck up their body.

So being public with your roid use can encourage teens and young men to do steroids, and not all dealers try to educate their buyers, nor do teens listen, even if they are told they need to follow certain recommendations (estrogen blockers cost money, yo!). AFAIK, HGH is far more expensive than steroid cycles, so poor ignorant young people are going to go for steroids over HGH.

It's probably for the best that any action movie/tv star just skirts around the question. Hell, most professional football players are using PEDs, but it would greatly detract pro football as a family friendly sport, if it was just out in the open.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Never mind his, lets talk about his love interest's body. Good lawd that lingerie in the last episode, she must work out too :p

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Homsar

Never mind his, lets talk about his love interest's body. Good lawd that lingerie in the last episode, she must work out too :p
Yeah that woman has a great body. She pretty much has a runway model body

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
yes amazing body......yet can't really explain why but her face is just....idk not a butter face but fuck close enough. S1 Love interest had what I would call a cute face, somewhat tomboyish, somewhat girl next door. This one looks like an aging actress who cakes on makeup to the point where its distracting....Youth is long past, she's clearly on the decline and is struggling to maintain what little looks remain to her. she looks like she's a year or 3 away from being a fucking hag and she knows it so goes all clown makeup to cover it up.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Serinda Swan was also on Smallville as Zatanna. Don't think she worked with Ritchson on the show though.

Homsar

Serinda Swan was also on Smallville as Zatanna. Don't think she worked with Ritchson on the show though.
She's definitely pretty, eyebrows are a distraction.

This season is definitely not Reacher figuring out stuff. I actually life small whitey

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
How did they possibly manage to switch semitruck trailers in the middle of the road with no room to maneuver. Let alone someone coming down the same road and catching them?

I thought the same thing because they said something about swapping the loads. But what we actually saw them do was swap the license plates. So they didn't switch the trailers or the load or anything unbelievable. They just swapped plates and went along. I kind of assumed the original plan was to swap the trailers but then their tractor got shot up, didn't it?

The suspension of disbelief is really hard on the guy with a truck load of missiles being some hillbilly truck driver on his own with no security, who then stops to help another broke down truck driver on the road.

Pretty sure the broke down truck was blocking 3/4ths of the road. It wasn't really a decision to stop.

The sex scenes are really pointless to the story unless she dies. They are kind of doing there own thing at this point

I figure every time they fuck, the odds of her living go down. After the first sex scene, she might have gotten away with being fucked up in ICU at the end. After the second one, she's got to at least be in a coma and possibly have amnesia. If they fuck again, there's no way she survives. My wife (who read some of the books) says reacher isn't allowed to be happy.

yes amazing body......yet can't really explain why but her face is just....idk not a butter face but fuck close enough.

Funny, that's what I said in the first episode when reacher acted like she was a dimepiece smokeshow. Sure, she's nice looking ... for oklahoma. But for hollywood? nowhere near as cute as the girl from season 1.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Having caught up on the episodes... I won't be watching this next season, barring glowing reviews from you degenerates.

E.g. I loved when the script had NY cop protect the kid... by having him use the part of the car said kid was hiding in as cover. Also, I'm not super versed in ballistics, but any 9mm round would have gone right through at least one of the car doors, yes?

IMO Serinda Swan is damn good looking, for her age. But her age is the point where the face either needs heavy cosmetic assistance or genes few white people have.

Assuming foreign guy will show up in the finale and kill her off or put Reacher in a coma, etc. to separate them for next season.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
It has all the realism and logical consistency of a good 80s/90s Schwarzenegger or Van Damme movie. I know we've been spoiled by Wick and other recent stuff but if you enjoyed those old action flicks there's no reason you can't enjoy this as well.

• 1Solidarity

Homsar

It just doesn't have the mystery and Reacher being very smart. They pretty much explained and showed all the baddies in the fist episode. Only question is if his old team member is corrupt

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
yeah this season is missing the whole detective/investigation angle. Literally the only thing that had to work out so far was the numbers of how many missiles were being stolen/sold to terrorists, like it fucking matters how many.

but ridiculously huge guy running around and killing dozens of people with no remorse or consequences is amazing 90s action nostalgia

• 1Like

escrima

Blackwing Lair Raider
Any bodybuilder that is in the spotlight, like he is, is in a bit of a tough spot. In order to use steroids in the safest way possible, a person needs to be educated on them or they can fuck up their body.

So being public with your roid use can encourage teens and young men to do steroids, and not all dealers try to educate their buyers, nor do teens listen, even if they are told they need to follow certain recommendations (estrogen blockers cost money, yo!). AFAIK, HGH is far more expensive than steroid cycles, so poor ignorant young people are going to go for steroids over HGH.

It's probably for the best that any action movie/tv star just skirts around the question. Hell, most professional football players are using PEDs, but it would greatly detract pro football as a family friendly sport, if it was just out in the open.
HGH isn't going to cause massive muscular hypertrophy. It mainly will allow the body to repair injury faster and build contractile tissue as a secondary effect to a lesser degree. If muscular hypertrophy is the goal, anabolics are the way to go.

Also, estrogen blockers are not always necessary, it depends on how much your system aromatizes excess testosterone, which can also be attenuated by pinning more often to stabilize your test levels.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users