Rebel Galaxy Outlaw

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can't believe I missed this and no one else has posted anything for it yet, looks promising. I played a lot of Rebel Galaxy, enjoyed it quite a bit, had no idea they were making this as a successor.

Home

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Loved the original, was just pure casual spaceship pewpew. Last I read it was going to be exclusive to Epic Games store or something? Not sure if anything changed. The fighter based combat was appealing, anything decent that reminds me of wing commander/tiexwing/freelancer ect is usually a buy from me.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Fucking SOLD. Got Rebel Galaxy as a free game with PS+ and I was still jonesing to play it during a period when my subscription had lapsed so I picked it up then. Totally worth it. Give these guys your money.

Also, I'm not the world's biggest blues/country fan but the original soundtrack is epic and totally captures the space cowboy feel. Worth it just for that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
It launched on PC...tempting but NMS Beyond releases tomorrow...first world problems!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
just bought it, just turned it on and i'm hit with blues seraceno on the menu screen.

this game gets an A+ so far.

edit: after an hour or so of gameplay, it's great. it's a 2019 version of privateer/freelancer in all the right ways. if you've played rebel galaxy and liked it, you should probably like this too.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
just bought it, just turned it on and i'm hit with blues seraceno on the menu screen.

this game gets an A+ so far.

edit: after an hour or so of gameplay, it's great. it's a 2019 version of privateer/freelancer in all the right ways. if you've played rebel galaxy and liked it, you should probably like this too.

How is the combat versus the original? I hated the combat in the first one.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, looks awesome. I bet if Roberts had released something like this a couple of years ago and called it Star Citizen most people would have been as happy as a pig in shit.

Really makes me want to get it, if I had time to play.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Fucking Epic store, god dammit. Guess I'll pick this up in a year.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
How is the combat versus the original? I hated the combat in the first one.

rebel galaxy was all capital ships, this one is all fighters/small frieghters. combat takes a minute to adjust to the controls simply because there's no tutorial (which is fine, really) so the first couple rounds of combat you might have to pause to go to the control menu a couple times. but otherwise it feels good. the ship you start off with is a piece of junk, obviously but it doesn't control like as sluggishly as you'd expect it to, so i'm excited to get into the better fighters to see what they are like.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There's always fitgirl.
No reason not to, given how the Epic sellout deals work.

Shame, too. Rebel Galaxy sucked because of the 2D restrictions (and an overall lack of depth), and this one looked really interesting because they dumped that shit for a cockpit-view, 3D flight model. Still nothing close to real physics, but you don't have to be a full-on sim to be fun.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Apparently this came out for PS4, XBone, and Switch last September. Will be picking this up sometime this week most likely.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I played it, but it was not what I was expecting and didn't want to spend the time to find out if it was worth the cost. Let us know how it turns out Warr.