Rebel Moon (2023)

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Trailer looks good for a Netflix movie, and I will def watch, but god damn am I tired of the "strong female lead" that just kicks everyone ass all over the place. Its so fake tiring.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
For some reason, I thought watchmen was universally hated, particularly by readers of the original comics. I thought it was one of the best adaptations ever done as far as comic story straight to movie. Yeah, no squids, but the ending in the movie is arguably better except not fully leaning into the joke motif.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
For some reason, I thought watchmen was universally hated, particularly by readers of the original comics. I thought it was one of the best adaptations ever done as far as comic story straight to movie. Yeah, no squids, but the ending in the movie is arguably better except not fully leaning into the joke motif.
I remember nerds loving it, think the complaints were the squids change

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
As a non comic book reader, I would probably put the movie in the top 5 of my favorite comic book based movies.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

It also was one of the first widely advertised “dark” or adult comics. I know it wasn’t but it was one of the first to be main streamed

Siliconemelons

I am thinking this should have been a mini series or something as this is still part 1 even with a different cut

• 2Like

Caliane

generally well liked. amazing opening. but missed the mark on a few things. Squid in particular. also, black freighter.

Homsar

generally well liked. amazing opening. but missed the mark on a few things. Squid in particular. also, black freighter.
Squid ending I thought people agreed it wouldn't have adapted well. Black freighter wasn't a big deal but came out later on the DVD? Now I want to download it

Homsar

Downloaded the ultimate cut of Watchmen, still fucking great but it's long as hell. Roughly over 215 minutes

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Ultimate cut with the Black Freighter incorporated is great. Squid change annoyed me at first, but if I hadn't read the comic first I feel like I would've thought the squid was stupid when Manhattan is right there.

I was disappointed they nixed the final conversation between Veidt and Manhattan. That and fucking Hallelujah during the sex scene lol. Overall though, it's awesome.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I really thought I would be able to enjoy this despite the bad reviews, alas I could not.

It’s really a bad movie. Disjointed story, terrible dialog, bad acting, and surprisingly for Snyder bad action sequence with uninspired combat choreography.

The only thing the movie does well is to have some awesome freeze frame that would make good posters.

Seriously though, a really bad movie that isn’t even so bad that it’s good. It’s just bad.

• 1Like
  • 1Rustled

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Disappointing to hear, as I was planning a similar watch. I even told my friend to ignore the bad reviews and linked 3 redeeming things about it.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Has Snyder ever made a good movie? It's all been shit in my experience.

• 1Worf

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider

I mean, he's basically the Shyamalan of nerd action. He did 300 which was pretty decent and also just new for it's time. And has been coasting on that schtick ever since, making progressively more shit movies as time passes.

• 1Like

Caliane

started incredibly strong.

Dead of the dead, 300, Watchmen.
(yes music video's before that)

But then just straight into the trash.
legends of the guardians, the owls of gahoole, sucker punch, man of steel, batman v superman, justice league, justice league again, army of the dead, and now this.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I was high and this was still bad. It was so bad the gf said "maybe if you were high this would be good"

then i informed her of the issue at hand :/

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
This is pretty zzz. Opening felt like a rip off of cantina scene, then a mini phantom menace scene