Rebel Moon (2023)

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Im not even sure breaking it down into a series would have made it but so much better. But it could have definitely gave some time to each character. I feel like even a child could have directed this better if it was a series. Total waste of my time to write all this but I am annoyed that we barely get any good science fiction anymore, and when we do - its either full of woke ass shit, or its some piss poor waste of fucking money that blows the opportunity like this one.

The farmer wasnt hard like a fucking farmer. That was the first miscast. Smooth ass baby hands looking dude and he plays that part well in the movie. Should have been someone hardened by the fields, the seasons, and occasional starving. Not a pansexual looking fucker.

I definitely feel like the actor for the thief was miscast, too. Ive always liked that actor and he could have played just about any other role in that mess. He played his part well, but truly... truly a waste of his potential.

The Royal dude that trained the Griffin, just fucking left field weird. There for the muscles I guess? Total waste of a character, but all I really wanted out of the Griffin Rider's little introduction was for the Griffin to fly up and into the ship with them all. Wrap that fucker up and take him with you everywhere. Lets have some god damn Flash Gordon type shit with space ships and griffin riders. Not some Harry Potter w/e the fuck that was.

The general needed much more of a build up. They got to him just way too easy for one. Then, the girl is somehow able to get past all of his YEARS of inner turmoil in less than 30 seconds because she said he was wallowing in self pity? tf?

The Blade guy and his sister were just fucking predictable. Even though they had mountains of armor on and face paint, you could see past the facade that they were soft ass pansies as well. Total miscast, even if they did want to go with black people "leading the resistance!" Should have been a hardened looking fighter - grab one of these cauliflowered freaks off UFC and make them play that part. Thank God he fucking died and his crew died. Especially his crew - they were all bumbling idiot fucking white people. You mean to tell me that these fuck ups were taking out major military targets? Were they abandoned fucking military installations?

The ninja asian chick seems like a solid choice for the actor. But they really should have tied in the whole "mother's pain" more with her introduction and the reason shes joining the goof troop.

Lastly, yea.. everything with the enemy was just "NAZI" and they are relying way too hard on the audience making the connection "NAZI BAD." As I stated earlier, outside of the few outliers - it sounds like they were actually bringing fucking peace BACK to the galaxy. Some random group of people want to live on prosperous world within their territory.. and you dont expect to pay taxes or tribute of any kind?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Started watching it last night, reminds me a lot of Jupiter Ascending.
Jupiter Ascending was considerably better. It was not great Science Fiction but it was a lot more rewatchable than this series so far.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Saved myself 2 hours and 8 minutes.

Sad part is under the hot garbage they shat into your mouth there was a story they were trying to tell, they just never got around to it. Captain Faggot McBadguy with Jesus lighting is suppose to be the Emperor or something but was a whole lot of who gives a fuck because again no backstory.

Princess Gaia and her resection powers probably had some significance but once again fuck story, lets just add this in for no reason and drop it.

Do this with each and every character and you wonder how the fuck does Netflix stay in business. I guess they utilize Hollywood Jew Magic where failing is success and money gets siphoned to queers faggots and pedophiles.

• 2Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
If there is truly a 3 hours plus director’s, it might be interesting because I felt the movie was always missing a scene between each set piece. I doubt it would make this a good movie but maybe be a bit more coherent.

That said I don’t think I have it in me to watch this again.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
If there is truly a 3 hours plus director’s, it might be interesting because I felt the movie was always missing a scene between each set piece. I doubt it would make this a good movie but maybe be a bit more coherent.

That said I don’t think I have it in me to watch this again.
There is a "Snyder cut" coming for this. However he said shit changes so much that he considers it being alternate universe and not a more fleshed out theatrical cut.

Shmoopy

Not terrible Star Wars / Firefly mashup.

Can't believe this guy still directs bad action scenes though. Every action scene so well shot but so badly directed.

• 1Direct to DVD
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

There is a "Snyder cut" coming for this. However he said shit changes so much that he considers it being alternate universe and not a more fleshed out theatrical cut.
Didnt he say something similar about his Justice League movie? It was better, but it didnt make the movie that much more tolerable. I dont have a problem with Zack Snyder. I rarely pay attention to directors, except someone like Guillermo del Toro. But this "movie" made me question the director as it seriously felt like something I would have watched on Sci Fi back in 2005.
Sad part is under the hot garbage they shat into your mouth there was a story they were trying to tell, they just never got around to it. Captain Faggot McBadguy with Jesus lighting is suppose to be the Emperor or something but was a whole lot of who gives a fuck because again no backstory.

Princess Gaia and her resection powers probably had some significance but once again fuck story, lets just add this in for no reason and drop it.

Do this with each and every character and you wonder how the fuck does Netflix stay in business. I guess they utilize Hollywood Jew Magic where failing is success and money gets siphoned to queers faggots and pedophiles.
I had completely forgot about mysterious man Rayden. There were other people that were cast that were completely dropped and forgotten during the show, too. Like the Asian kid that stood up to his military brethren in the beginning? Where the fk did he go? He helped kill his fellow soldiers. He's fucking done because if they really are like the Nazi's - he's in a fucking ditch immediately. Why isnt his white knight ass riding along with them?

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
I had completely forgot about mysterious man Rayden. There were other people that were cast that were completely dropped and forgotten during the show, too. Like the Asian kid that stood up to his military brethren in the beginning? Where the fk did he go? He helped kill his fellow soldiers. He's fucking done because if they really are like the Nazi's - he's in a fucking ditch immediately. Why isnt his white knight ass riding along with them?

I assume he is hanging out with the farmers and the robot. Will maybe play a bigger role in training the farmers to fight in part 2.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
My favorite part of the movie was the very beginning where immediately after being dropped off in foreign territory all the soldiers but one decide to randomly rape the village before they even secure their shelter or finish moving their supplies inside.

Unfortunately all the criticism this has been getting is warranted.

Friendly reminder that Netflix dropped The Expanse and Travelers but greenlit this.

• 2Like

Siliconemelons

Very sad because the story premise and set up could be cool, having a female lead was fine as it’s and original so it’s not some swap or injection but more natural.

while it is tropes and what non that is fine if done well has a nice setup etc then just like, drops the ball

so it is fine that the directors cut is totally different as this apparently is not really anything coherent

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Started watching it last night, reminds me a lot of Jupiter Ascending.
Leonardo Di Caprio Look GIF by Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

YES! I forgot why it felt familiar. Gawd damn terrrible lines. So boring!

Brikker

Trump's Staff
As soon as the guy said he was doing a directors cut, I knew the theatrical would suck balls.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If this is not even as good as Jupiter Ascending or The Chronicles of Riddick, I will not bother to watch it. Those movies are my fucking bar, I will not lower myself below them.

My favorite part of the movie was the very beginning where immediately after being dropped off in foreign territory all the soldiers but one decide to randomly rape the village before they even secure their shelter or finish moving their supplies inside.

Friendly reminder that Netflix dropped The Expanse and Travelers but greenlit this.
*Amazon dropped the Expanse.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard

Netflix is called Greenlight Studios for a reason.

• 1Like

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
If this is not even as good as Jupiter Ascending or The Chronicles of Riddick, I will not bother to watch it. Those movies are my fucking bar, I will not lower myself below them.

*Amazon dropped the Expanse.

wtf, don’t even put this in the same galaxy as chronicles of riddick. Jupiter ascending sure , but not Riddick.
This stupid movie was Girl and Diversity bosses vs the Space Nazis. It was lol tier everything except special effects. Possibly almost every single character feels miscast and a cliche.

• 1Like