Rebel Moon (2023)

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
I wanted to like this movie and was prepared to like nearly any trash put in front of me, but this was a stinker. It was a mish-mash of short stories with no continuity or character depth.

Even if each character arc was isolated there wasn't enough material to work with and not have it seem randomly drawn from a hat. We have Paul Wall the Scotish pirate, Abs McAberson never putting a shirt on, random former general military leader given a hot shower, and king of the space rebels with his magic 'spear of piercing a god damn spaceship'.

wtf, don’t even put this in the same galaxy as chronicles of riddick. Jupiter ascending sure , but not Riddick.

This is very much my opinion. Riddick is not a masterpiece, but good grief Rebel Moon missed on all fronts except for being pretty most of the time. Riddick is the level of bad I was hoping for because I can still enjoy it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I wanted to like this movie and was prepared to like nearly any trash put in front of me, but this was a stinker. It was a mish-mash of short stories with no continuity or character depth.

Even if each character arc was isolated there wasn't enough material to work with and not have it seem randomly drawn from a hat. We have Paul Wall the Scotish pirate, Abs McAberson never putting a shirt on, random former general military leader given a hot shower, and king of the space rebels with his magic 'spear of piercing a god damn spaceship'.

This is very much my opinion. Riddick is not a masterpiece, but good grief Rebel Moon missed on all fronts except for being pretty most of the time. Riddick is the level of bad I was hoping for because I can still enjoy it.
Knocking Chronicles of Riddick is like knocking Starship Troopers or something. But to each their own, I guess.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
If this is not even as good as Jupiter Ascending or The Chronicles of Riddick, I will not bother to watch it. Those movies are my fucking bar, I will not lower myself below them.

*Amazon dropped the Expanse.

Ah for whatever reason I thought Netflix took up The Expanse for a year after SyFi dropped it before Amazon purchased it. I stand corrected.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
1703813154768.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Knocking Chronicles of Riddick is like knocking Starship Troopers or something. But to each their own, I guess.
I like Chronicles of Riddick and Jupiter Ascending. I like them because they are bad but also good. Then there's movies like Demolition Man, which are also bad but also very good.

This just seems like it's bad.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
How dare you faggots besmirch the Riddick movies comparing them to this absolute soggy bag of pickled pig dicks. This movie is so shitty this you can’t even remember the names of the characters and why fucking would you?

• 6Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
How dare you faggots besmirch the Riddick movies comparing them to this absolute soggy bag of pickled pig dicks. This movie is so shitty this you can’t even remember the names of the characters and why fucking would you?
Do you remember any of the character names in Chronicles of Riddick besides "Riddick" and "Necromonger guy?"

Cybsled

It feels like half of the fans of Chronicles of Riddick love it because it is the closest thing they've had to a Warhammer 40k movie lol

• 2Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Do you remember any of the character names in Chronicles of Riddick besides "Riddick" and "Necromonger guy?"
Toombs, chick he tells to get her ass moving, dude that gives Riddick his knife then burns to death in the sun, etc.

Siliconemelons

The directors cut is the r rated titty version?
When is this coming out ? Is it going to be both parts together?

• 2Direct to DVD

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The directors cut is the r rated titty version?
When is this coming out ? Is it going to be both parts together?
Not announced. I assume after part 2 comes out. Be stupid for Netflix to put it out before. It would drop viewership of the part 2 PG-13 version.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

Not announced. I assume after part 2 comes out. Be stupid for Netflix to put it out before. It would drop viewership of the part 2 PG-13 version.

Thats what I figured, also I called it that because the comic above said that btw lol.

But didn't he mention it was like many hours long?? so I kinda figured it was both of the parts, then put together in a omibus version.

Guess I will wait for that version - I would think that most complains may be addressed in it.

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Tried to watch it. Got head. Shut it off. When's part 2 coming out?

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Watched it, I think some reviews of it is harsher than it should be, imo.

it felt… like it needed to be longer and shorter.

However grain of salt here, I don’t watch many movies now days other than paw patrol mighty pups… silly kids

• 1Like