Rebel Moon (2023)

Goatface

there are definitely some missing key scenes that make things flow better, even just at the beginning with the “go sex for celebration” then she just goes to her room, okay it’s said that it’s “late” but that’s not very telling until the next morning, perhaps I didn’t understand but didn’t the blond indicate our main character was sexing that other beard dude? And that’s just like, glossed over ? She didn’t seem all that interested in participating in general or with him… so?
apparently she is just banging him and does want to go any farther than that. my issue, no idea how old she is supposed to be in the movie, but she look too old to getting married to the villages prime hunter. no idea how old he is supposed to be either, but the dude is 36. would think in a group that bangs for a better harvest, he would have dozens of kids by then.

Siliconemelons

That entire dynamic was glossed over yet apparently was a thing, as the crop organizer dude “loves” her yet he (and the old guy) is also one that keeps telling her that the other dude wants to be with her, guess they used a term that meant marriage? So she didn’t want to do that, and the sad qq back story I don’t deserve love because I was a super natzi.

things that may be fleshed out in the directors cut.

as for the furry erotica session is just like the other recruitment character scenes - showing their talent or whatever that will come into play during the big fight

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I didn't make it to the end bros. I may or may not have gotten a chub and gone on a tangent at the griffin scene, but my fursona is known for being a small dom big sub char, so I just love smashing bigger chars, especially ferals like griffins.

Holy fuck you're an insufferable autistic degenerate Griffin fucker

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Not terrible for what it is, A straigh to DVD sci-fi flick.

Terrible for what i wanted it to be, a spiritual successor to star wars - it was nothing of the sort outside of laser swords and "an emprie."

Basically Oceans 11 but vs Nazis and nothing gets stolen other than 2hrs and 14min.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I felt like I watched a watched a movie where they were putting the team together for the actual movie.

It's like Seven Samurai as if they'd just about made it to the village.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Everyone keeps comparing this to Seven Samurai but that was an actual complete movie that didn't blow asshole. I don't see the resemblance.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I remember a lot of people here shitting on Man of Steel, yet it was definitely good.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Man of Steel was shit. Same fugly instagram filter of the whole movie. Annoying product placements. Zero basic understanding of the Superman character to begin with (and not just the neck snap, that was actually ok compared to wrecking truck drivers and what not).

Man of Steel is arguably worses than shit like Rebel Moon or Sucker Punch. At least with those Snyder didn't diarrhea all over some existing property.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Man of Steel was shit. Same fugly instagram filter of the whole movie. Annoying product placements. Zero basic understanding of the Superman character to begin with (and not just the neck snap, that was actually ok compared to wrecking truck drivers and what not).

Man of Steel is arguably worses than shit like Rebel Moon or Sucker Punch. At least with those Snyder didn't diarrhea all over some existing property.
Man of steel wasn’t a great movie, but also wasn’t bad. Probably just too long and not enough fun imo. Rebel moon was clearly much worse.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Preface this by saying that I have no faith that the directors cut will be much better. But some stuff in this "movie" is just so hilariously bad that it makes me think that "they" (whoever they is) cut some major pieces of it to fit their vision, and direction, and they used B-Film to fill in the gaps caused by their cuts. At least, one can only hope that the atrocious back drops etc. were B-Film. I realize Im giving Snyder the benefit of the doubt right now, because if it doesnt get much better 20 minutes into the directors cut - I'll think twice about watching a Snyder film again.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Even if you strip it down to its barest elements, Farm Planet/Escaped Solider->threatening Empire->price to be paid-> recruit help-> recruit 1/recruit 2/recruit 3/.../finale, why would you do this as two movies and not a series? It seems like it would be easier to get to 6/8 one hours than it would be to get to one 4 hour/two 2.5 movie(s). You could do all the slow mo you wanted and explain all the BS hodge podge of stolen I mean different influences you borrowed to make this Frankenstein's monster of an IP.

I called this Battle Beyond the Stars Girlboss Edition but really I think this is more like Flash Boredom meets the Mommy: So Mid 2023 edition. That's too many bad puns but WTF Zack. I was kind of over this movie by the humping for the harvest part.

Oldbased

> Than U
2nd part coming this year is pretty vague when we are only 6 days in 2024. Anyone know roughly the month the next part comes out?
My little trick of buying the cheapest Netflix plan then instantly changing plans to the best package to get 2 weeks of Netflix for $6.99 ends tonight. In a few months I'll do it again, buy cheapest plan, convert the cheapest plan to max plan, get prorated time and watch anything new saved up over the months. Netflix just doesn't have enough special/new content for me to carry it month to month unless you like Asian shit which is like 90% of the library now.