Rebel Moon - Part Two: The Scargiver (2024)

kroenen

Regimen Morum
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Rebel Moon - Part Two: The Scargiver (2024)

Genre: Action, Science Fiction, Drama

Director: Zack Snyder

Cast: Sofia Boutella, Michiel Huisman, Ed Skrein, Djimon Hounsou, Bae Doona, Staz Nair, E. Duffy, Anthony Hopkins, Cleopatra Coleman, Fra Fee, Charlotte Maggi, Sky Yang, Stuart Martin, Corey Stoll, Alfonso Herrera, Cary Elwes, Rhian Rees, Dustin Ceithamer

Release: 2024-04-19

Runtime: 122

Plot: The rebels gear up for battle against the Motherworld as unbreakable bonds are forged, heroes emerge — and legends are made.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
"Battle Beyond the Stars" meets "Anastasia" meets "xxx"; It's recursive derivative nature all the way down.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Nah. The good guys have the red light sabers and the bad guys the blue ones. If that isn't innovation, I don't know what is 🤣

Also getting increasing A-Team vibes from this. Hope there's a full-on-OG-montage of them preparing the village for the space-empire-grain-collectors, complete with a MacGyvered vehicle hidden in the grain storage barn that'll take down the Empire's Star Destroyer.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob
yeah dont bother watching this shit now, i doubt the extended director snyder more-slow-mo cut will make anything better but at least you'll get some blood, the ones out now are ludicrously bad in the action scenes

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Another month on this?
Been waiting for the drop so I can sub for $6.99 then instantly converting that $6.99 monthly with ads and shit quality to the max plan and get basically 2 weeks of best Netflix without paying a ton of money.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
yeah dont bother watching this shit now, i doubt the extended director snyder more-slow-mo cut will make anything better but at least you'll get some blood, the ones out now are ludicrously bad in the action scenes

HaHa... Wow that was awful and funny at the same time.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
People love to shit on Joss Whedon these days but at least he made good movies.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 3 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Snyder hasnt done anything good since 300. Im surprised he still gets hired like he's Spielberg.
Synder *films* and story-boards good movies. He has excellent cinematic tastes. He can't come up with a story/narrative TO. SAVE. HIS. LIFE. He needs to be making movies written by someone else, director for hire style, with strong producers etc. He's like a visual George Lucas; George was great at ideas until he got too much power and no one to check his excesses. Snyder makes beautiful great looking individual scenes but sweet mother he needs help in telling a story. Even his good movies need help. His best movies are shot for shot remakes of Graphic Novels or remakes of other movies where he doesn't have to figure out the connective tissue or overarching themes.

He would be my first choice to remake a movie or make a movie from a GN. I would NEVER pull a Netflix and give him carte blanche millions to film a story "he came up with" ie. aped/stole/borrowed from better/other movies.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Serenity, Avengers, Cabin in the Woods. Plus two good TV shows...
You said movies, and Whedon didn't direct Cabin in the Woods (which I'll agree is awesome).

Snyder hasnt done anything good since 300. Im surprised he still gets hired like he's Spielberg.
The ultimate cut of Watchmen was good. His first three films were solid, and that's it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

I am still going to watch this, that's why I actually didn't finish the trailer ;-)

I do also look forward to the "R" version as I think there is something here, it just needs a bit o-adjustment. I do not mind the main gal's acting it fits the character. In her flashbacks she acts noticeably different, as she should... Most of the supporting cast was eh, and it seems in the end, she really just needed to go get the robot back from wondering off and becoming a level 99 druid.

Caliane

yeah, Dawn of the dead was written by james gunn. I consider that zacks best movie. Watchmen is visually great, but fucks up the story a bit too much.
lots of producer on that.

I think Zack could make good movies with a great source/script/writer, and likely a pretty hands on/visionary producer.

zack's own producer credits are basically a train wreck, with only The suicide squad from James gunn being an exception. with a bunch of those... written by zack.

Joss has significantly less credits really. I suppose I didn't realize how few really. solid amount of TV.

joss movie credits are director are, Serenity, the avengers, much ado about nothing, Age of ultron, and thats it. 4 movies.
Even producer. Cabin in the woods, much ado about nothing, in your eyes. and thats it. 3 movives.

joss is way more prolific as a writer. buffy, toystory, alien resuurection, titan a.e. atlantis, the lost empire, serenity, cabin in the woods, much ado about nothing, in your eyes, avengers, and age of ultron, justice league. 13 movie credits for writing. (not all solo, theres like 7 writers on toystory for example)

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
joss is way more prolific as a writer. buffy, toystory, alien resuurection, titan a.e. atlantis, the lost empire, serenity, cabin in the woods, much ado about nothing, in your eyes, avengers, and age of ultron, justice league. 13 movie credits for writing. (not all solo, theres like 7 writers on toystory for example)
Joss gets called in a lot to punch up or tighten up/rewrite scripts.

• 1Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database