Recommend a dating site

Oldbased

> Than U
Should try farmersonly.com as well. Not likely to have AIDS or anything, maybe a tick or two.
Also could probably cook a meatloaf.

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
First time trying a dating site. Signed up for Match. I haven't needed to date in 15 years, so I'm a little out of the loop. What's expected in a first contact email?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
First time trying a dating site. Signed up for Match. I haven't needed to date in 15 years, so I'm a little out of the loop. What's expected in a first contact email?
More than just a "Hello" is usually the only thing you have to worry about. Put a little bit of effort into it since you have all the time you need to make a decent first impression.

If she responds, cool. If she doesn't, move on. Try to have fun with it otherwise you might find yourself getting very disenchanted with the whole song and dance very quickly.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Be funny/witty/interesting in your messages. Try to ask a question to give the girl and easy way to respond to you.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Oh, ok. So like this: Hey, wanna fuck?

That should work, right?
1248.gif

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I haven't ever checked this thread as I've been in a relationship for years (split up a few months ago), but I'm happy to see some people are completely aligned with my thinking about relationships. I wouldn't even consider dating a women unless she has a certain level of intelligence and ambition. A lot of guys I know think that I'm nuts, but if I can't have a really good intellectual conversation with a chick, it's a huge turnoff for me and a total deal-breaker in terms of dating. I'm not sure that the earning power of the women is even that important, but the passion and ambition have to be there - as much for having someone that I can enjoy speaking with as having someone that can appreciate hard work and understanding that sometimes you have to work late or work weekends. Chicks that don't have that drive just don't seem to have the requisite level of respect for the sacrifices you must make to become successful. And double what Khane said about lifestyle - I don't really want to cut my Barolo habit off at the knees and downsize the lifestyle that I've worked for just to bring someone else along for the ride. I'm not expecting my future wife to be making 150k a year, but somewhere north of 70 or 80 would be nice - preferably with a job that has upward potential.

I'm starting a full-time MBA program in the fall and hope that I can find some quality womens during the 2 years - I'd really hope to avoid going through this whole online dating fiasco.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I haven't ever checked this thread as I've been in a relationship for years (split up a few months ago), but I'm happy to see some people are completely aligned with my thinking about relationships. I wouldn't even consider dating a women unless she has a certain level of intelligence and ambition. A lot of guys I know think that I'm nuts, but if I can't have a really good intellectual conversation with a chick, it's a huge turnoff for me and a total deal-breaker in terms of dating. I'm not sure that the earning power of the women is even that important, but the passion and ambition have to be there - as much for having someone that I can enjoy speaking with as having someone that can appreciate hard work and understanding that sometimes you have to work late or work weekends. Chicks that don't have that drive just don't seem to have the requisite level of respect for the sacrifices you must make to become successful. And double what Khane said about lifestyle - I don't really want to cut my Barolo habit off at the knees and downsize the lifestyle that I've worked for just to bring someone else along for the ride. I'm not expecting my future wife to be making 150k a year, but somewhere north of 70 or 80 would be nice - preferably with a job that has upward potential.

I'm starting a full-time MBA program in the fall and hope that I can find some quality womens during the 2 years - I'd really hope to avoid going through this whole online dating fiasco.
Solidarity.

By the way Gnome. I don't know if it's too late now or not but you can get 75% off a Match.com membership by going through this portal:

CashBack: Free Maximum CashBack

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
Thanks, but it's too late. I joined Friday night. I've got a date set for Tuesday night. My first new date in 15 years (last relationship lasted that long). I'm gonna be rusty.

iannis

Musty Nester
I don't know if a rusty trombone was a thing last time you looked, but it was for a little while. And now it's not a thing anymore. So maybe you're ok being rusty.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Make a bunch of standard responses and keep them in a text file. When you hit on something witty or that gets results, save it there so you can use it again. Then each time you do a first contact, just grab something from the file, then scan her profile for some keywords and add some shit about whatever she was talking about.

Also, if match is like Eharmoney and has those standard questions, you'll want to copy your answers to those in that same file.

I don't know if a rusty trombone was a thing last time you looked, but it was for a little while. And now it's not a thing anymore. So maybe you're ok being rusty.
Is that why I have a hard time finding rusty trombone videos? I swear, it used to rustle my jimmies when a video was labeled rusty trombone and it was really just a blowjob from a weird angle. Some didn't have any buttplay at all in it.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
So tinder never really worked well for me (I'm not attractive enough, but I did make a few matches and fucked two women over the span of thousands upon thousands of right swipes, just not with any woman I'd actually consider dating), but I've actually had pretty good success using the facebook-esque "meetme" app.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Signed up for OkCupid last night. Got excited when I woke up to 30 or so likes/emails, only to find that they were all either a) Orcas (with "average" body type of course) or b) 18-22 year old girls looking for a substitute daddy. Sigh. Haven't done the online dating thing in a few years, but the number of fatties seems to have increased.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I've always found you get the bottom of the barrel for people aggressively searching new members. Probably because all the old members already told them to fuck off.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Signed up for OkCupid last night. Got excited when I woke up to 30 or so likes/emails, only to find that they were all either a) Orcas (with "average" body type of course) or b) 18-22 year old girls looking for a substitute daddy. Sigh. Haven't done the online dating thing in a few years, but the number of fatties seems to have increased.
So after you finish banging the daddy issues 18-22s, what's next?

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
So after you finish banging the daddy issues 18-22s, what's next?
Don't think it isn't tempting, but I've done that before and it isn't worth the pain. Absolutely nothing to talk about, and if you do end up banging them expect to be stalked from here to eternity, as they usually fall in love with you after the first lay.

Will send out some emails tonight an report back. I definitely like the "question" system of Okcupid far more than Match, but Okcupid seems to really pull in the hipster types. I didn't know Dallas had so many people with tattoos and facial piercings.

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
Signed up for Match on Friday. Had a date tonight. It went ok. We agreed to a second date but i don't have a strong feeling about this one. She's from Finland, so she's got that going for her, which is nice.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I think I hit a new low in online dating. Got an email from "NotsoButch37", who basically looks like an androgynous linebacker, asking if I'd be interested in a threesome with her and her partner, who essentially looks like a female version of Larry Bird. Linebacker probably has 80-100lbs on me and an extra 2" in height, while Larry Bird could probably carry me like an Ewok on her shoulders. Fuck me.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Ya OkCupid in DFW definitely has the hipster, professional types while POF is overrun with the trailer park Jesus freaks. Pick your poison.