Recommend a dating site

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
We're going to need a picture of her in your shower using the shampoos and soaps. Especially the soaps.

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
She went off the deep end tonight. She sent me this 500 page text saying she went on Match.com to see if I had been on there and it said that I had been on there an hour ago. She goes on to ask how can I say I care about her when I'm out looking for other options, etc.

The thing is, I wasn't on Match and hadn't been for at least a week. I tell her as much and then she sends a screenshot and sure enough it says I'd been on there 1 hour ago. So, I'm in a tough spot. She thinks I'm lying when I've been nothing but faithful to her.

Not to be defeated, I asked Professor Google, and I found the answer. If you open any email from Match.com, it will show you as being active on their site. Earlier in the evening I had clicked on some Match emails so I could delete them.

I don't know if she believes me or not. I'm upset with her because of the too-extreme reaction and I'm pissed at Match for putting me in this situation.

iannis

Musty Nester
She went on match.com to see if you'd been on there. And then confronted you about it.

It doesn't really matter if she believes you. I'd say there are some trust issues here that are going to take a bunch of work. Probably more work than it's worth. And I'm really not a bail at the first hint of not-perfect sort. But that's gonna be a persistent sort of thing.

I don't need a woman who goes checking up behind me like that. Like that. If she goes checking up behind me that's well and good. A person has to protect themselves. But I gotta say that's the wrong way to handle the situation. That betrays a deep insecurity that you're not gonna fix. So I mean if you wanna go through this shit every so often... maybe the other parts of her are worth it. And I don't mean the vaginer.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I'd say match is helping you Neo a bullet here. And what is she doing on Match? Oh wait, you can't ask women questions like that.

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
Oh, I asked her why she was on there. Her response: "I just went on there to see if you were on there. Silly, I know."

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
You should have replied that you were doing the same and were happy to see that she hadn't logged on in quite awhile but had the class to keep it to yourself so she doesn't think you were checking up on her.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Oh, I asked her why she was on there. Her response: "I just went on there to see if you were on there. Silly, I know."
If she wants to know if you're seeing anyone else she can just ask you. Snooping around to try to catch you in a lie is underhanded and childish. If you don't break things off with her you should tell her that and also be completely unapologetic about why Match said you were online an hour ago. You have no reason to apologize.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Bait her into (non-fatally) stabbing you or something, then sue Match.com for millions. Seriously, it's messed up that Match does that with the email thing.

Khane

Bait her into (non-fatally) stabbing you or something, then sue Match.com for millions. Seriously, it's messed up that Match does that with the email thing.
Not sure what Match could change about that. You have to log into Match to delete Match emails.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Not sure what Match could change about that. You have to log into Match to delete Match emails.
Oh. He said "if you open any emails from Match.com", which I took to mean deleting the actual emails from your email account and not logging into the site to delete things.

Khane

Oh. He said "if you open any emails from Match.com", which I took to mean deleting the actual emails from your email account and not logging into the site to delete things.
Nah just opening the email from your email account doesn't notify Match of anything unless you click on one of the match links from within the email

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Nah just opening the email from your email account doesn't notify Match of anything unless you click on one of the match links from within the email
It could if the email loads a specific url image on the site which then updates your logged in status. I'm not saying it does this but it easily could.

Khane

It always adds a picture of whomever messaged you in the email body that goes to your actual email account. I suppose it's possible but if it does do that it's a new feature. Very new.