Rectangular Food Products for the Busy Gentleman

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tim

Molten Core Raider
Meal Replacement Bars, Protein Bars, ect.

I work 12, 16 or 24 hour shifts. There is not always the opportunity to have a real meal break, so I like to always have some meal bars on hand or in the locker. The more filling/satisfying the better, so I tend towards bars with high protein and fiber.

My current go to is Quest Bars. They taste OK, but more importantly they have a good chew and are filling. Added bonus: Not coated in anything that will melt if they are in my pocket for too long.

quest%20smores.png

Chocolate chip is pretty good too.

What are your favorites, for meal replacement, dieting, post-workout, whatever?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Quest Bars are the shit. Lemon is fucking awesome.

That really is all I have to contribute here...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Cliff Bars are my thing. Best flavor is the white chocolate macadamia.

• 2Like

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Kirkland (Costco) has a two flavor pack that's brownie/cookie dough that might fit your needs. 21g protein for 190 calories, 1g sugar, not melty at all, dense and chewy, fills the belly and decently tasty. Fairly cheap as far as protein bars go.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I prefer Odwalla bars over Cliff bars but, yeah white chocolate macadamia is the jam.
super-protein.png

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
pure protein bars if you're trying to lo carb, highest protein to carb ratio.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Quest bars are good, and I think I had the cliff builders bar? That was decent.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
He's absolutely correct, those are the best cliff bars.
If you catch them during the holidays they also offer spiced pumpkin pie and iced gingerbread flavors, the gingerbread one is pretty outstanding. If you like carrot cake, the carrot cake ones are pretty good too.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
if you have costco they recently put out their own low carb carbs similar to quest, it only comes in two flavors - brownie and umm i forget but they are pretty good. you get a box with like 10 bars of each flavor.

• 2Like

Tim

Molten Core Raider
if you have costco they recently put out their own low carb carbs similar to quest, it only comes in two flavors - brownie and umm i forget but they are pretty good. you get a box with like 10 bars of each flavor.

These are going to be one of my new go to's. Tried one earlier today, they are pretty much just like the quest bars, but only $1 a peice. Thanks for the heads up!

• 1Like

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>

You motherfucker, I just posted these 5 posts above yours and my subsequent like went to you! You should be banned for life for this offense. And it's cookie dough. Who forgets cookie dough? You should probably commit seppuku.

• 2Like

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
These are going to be one of my new go to's. Tried one earlier today, they are pretty much just like the quest bars, but only $1 a peice. Thanks for the heads up!

You sir, are a gentleman! /salute

Tim

Molten Core Raider
I tried one of these this morning. Taste pretty good. 100mg of caffeine (which is about a standard cup's worth IIRC.)
I don't think I'l be getting again since if I want breakfast, I'll just eat real food before I leave for the day. But if you're the type that likes mid morning snacks and is a caffeine addict, they may be worth a try.

7120%2BsNsXsL._SY679_.jpg

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You motherfucker, I just posted these 5 posts above yours and my subsequent like went to you! You should be banned for life for this offense. And it's cookie dough. Who forgets cookie dough? You should probably commit seppuku.

So what are these fucking things called at Costco so I know what to look for?

• 1Like