Rectify

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Rectify

Genre: Drama

First aired: 2013-04-22

Creator: Ray McKinnon

Cast: Aden Young, Abigail Spencer, Adelaide Clemens, Clayne Crawford, J. Smith-Cameron, Bruce McKinnon, Jake Austin Walker, Luke Kirby, J.D. Evermore

Overview: After 19 years on Death Row for the rape and murder of his teenage girlfriend, Daniel Holden is going home. His conviction has been vacated due to new DNA evidence. Now he has to return to a world he no longer knows and his reentry into the outside world may be as unforgiving as prison. Daniel is haunted by the past, dogged by the present, and uncertain of the future. As he struggles to adapt to his new life, his homecoming reignites the fears of a small town and threatens to shatter his family’s fragile peace. Daniel’s alleged crime divided a community. Will his freedom tear it in half?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
Netflix. us.

I pop into television reddit every few days just to have a look. I see this thread has 15 comments, nothing crazy but I click it anyway and this guy is just gushing over this show. i have never heard of it but I have run out of things to watch so I give it a go.

I loved every episode.

What a treat. The main character is a joy.

Just google it. You don't think you want to watch it but you should give it a shot.

Pyratec

Golden Knight of the Realm
Got me to give it a shot, im just starting season 2 now but I´m really enjoying it so far. You were right Rope, I didn´t think I would enjoy it this much but I am. I sometimes don´t like how it can be hard to relate to Daniel at times as his experiences are so different from anything I´ve lived but overall a really great show.

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Got me to give it a shot, im just starting season 2 now but I´m really enjoying it so far. You were right Rope, I didn´t think I would enjoy it this much but I am. I sometimes don´t like how it can be hard to relate to Daniel at times as his experiences are so different from anything I´ve lived but overall a really great show.
Exactly the same sentiment I have. Show is slow, but oddly compelling.
Either Season 2 has amped up the hateful white trope or it took this many episodes for it to sink in on me. That aspect of it is frustrating because that's exactly how it was growing up in the south - fucking bigots and closed-minded shits covering for each other and covering up the truth for the sake of letting shit lie no matter who gets hurt - especially if that one who gets hurt is different or slow.

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Wasnt there another show with a similar premise but a police procedural twist?
Something about a cop that spent years in prison falsely accused gets out and gets back into his job and tries to put his life together.

Edit: I think it was called "Life"

• 1Like

yeahthatisneathuh

Trakanon Raider
Yes it starred Damian Lewis (Winters from Band of Brothers). It was significantly less serious, and got cancelled after 2 seasons without resolving much of anything...resolving it well, that is. Worth a watch if you're bored one day.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
This was one of the better shows of the past decade for anyone that likes slow character dramas. It's very raw and has amazing performances across the board.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Yes it starred Damian Lewis (Winters from Band of Brothers). It was significantly less serious, and got cancelled after 2 seasons without resolving much of anything...resolving it well, that is. Worth a watch if you're bored one day.
Yes, one of the best series NBC ever put out. Shame it got canceled so early.

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Yeah i watched that show few years ago when it came out and it was decent but i couldnt recall the name. Thats why the concept in Rectify seemed familiar when i tried watching it but Rectify just didnt grab me and i couldnt get into it. It was just too slow pace and i eventually gave up.
Maybe i am just getting too jaded, i have little patience for TV shows as of late.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database