Red Bull LOL!!

iannis

Musty Nester
I've never had a red bull.

I've never even wanted one.

frown.png

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The media is playing up the whole "They got sued because you don't get wings!!11!!!!11" but that's not really the issue. Same shit they always do.

OneofOne

Google what art thou?

While the suit did not allege that plaintiffs were disappointed that they didn't suddenly sprout wings, it does say that Red Bull relies a lot on terms like "wings" and "boost" to give consumers the impression that the drink gives people some sort of physical lift or enhancement.
"Even though there is a lack of genuine scientific support for a claim that Red Bull branded energy drinks provide any more benefit to a consumer than a cup of coffee, the Red Bull defendants persistently and pervasively market their product as a superior source of 'energy' worthy of a premium price over a cup of coffee or other sources of caffeine," the suit says.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I don't ever remember getting the sense that Red bull was anything but a popular energy drink =\

Disp_sl

shitlord
From what I read earlier this week, the plaintiffs are basically saying that caffeine is really the only thing in Red Bull that does much for energy, but it's marketed like there's some special blend that makes it better than coffee. Pretty weak, but it is what it is.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Google what art thou?
Well sugar and Caffeine does provide more energy then a cup of coffee. I also think Redbull is about the same price that a lot of people pay for a cup of coffee. I think Tuco is right and it was just a nice way of getting a ton of advertising from a stupid lawsuit.

iannis

Musty Nester
Not that I know anything about redbull, but if they put an assortment of B vitamins in it (which I imagine they do) then that would be enough to shoot that entire complaint to shit.

OneofOne

Well sugar and Caffeine does provide more energy then a cup of coffee. I also think Redbull is about the same price that a lot of people pay for a cup of coffee. I think Tuco is right and it was just a nice way of getting a ton of advertising from a stupid lawsuit.
I don't really care either which way. I DO care how all the headlines are making it sound.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I thought redbull was just something you mixed with vodka to keep yourself awake so you could drink more.

Redbull's next campaign slogan should be "Redbull gives you $10" Then when you sue them for failure to pay the $10, they pay you $10 in settlement and then take the money back because now the premise of the suit is wrong. Or something. I don't know that last part made perfect sense in my head.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
I've never had a red bull.

I've never even wanted one.

frown.png
No proof of purchase required -- you can still get your $10 or $15 worth of Red Bull stuff to give it a shot! (Actually less than $10, because the maximum amount of the settlement surely already ran out.)

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
You mean something in a can doesn't provide unlimited energy, make you leap all buildings in a single bound, cure male pattern baldness, and whatever else? Shocked I am.

Look at their advertising program in car racaing that starts in F1 and goes down thru NASCAR, rally racing etc...air racing, a leap out of a balloon from the edge of space etc...It's there for a reason.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'm more of a Monster man.

I'll drink maybe two cans a month, when I want to stay up all goddamn night.