Red Dead Redemption 2

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Digital copy playable in 9 more hrs! I haven't been this excited for a game in a longgggg time.

I'm also glad they didn't release RDR:Online at day 1 of release. I can enjoy the story without having the thought of "i'm missing out not playing online" feeling.

So what is the rundown on RDR:Online? I want to run you bitches down in mah stagecoach.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So in preparation for tonight did some tinkering on HDR and my existing PS4 and why I never thought it was working.

Turns out on the Yamaha receiver i had to go in to advanced setup (straight button + power) and change from 4k Mode 2 to 4k Mode 1. Then in the TV (Samsung 65KS8000) had to enable HDR color output on HDMI-4. Went back in the PS4 and now says HDR enabled.

Why this is not automatic is beyond me, but it appears to be happy now. The TV does a piss poor job of notifying you though. I don't think any of the built in apps pop up an HDR banner and you can only check by verifying your settings (light, contrast, etc) have been automatically kicked up.

*Edit: I take that back, the Amazon Video app does notify you. But PS4 and Netflix or YouTube do not.

This turned in to a TV / Receiver blog post and not RDR, heh.

Yeah it’s ileven more confusing if not all your ports on the receiver are hdcp 2.2 compliant. Check that as well. Licensing issue so some receivers skimped out. On my a770 I only have three hdcp 2.2 compatible ports. Four and five won’t pass hdr. ( it will pass 4k only)

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
There's streams going for it now.

The digital foundry tech analysis almost had me ordering a copy for PS4 until I saw the second video that showed even the Pro having sub 30fps dips. I still can't say that I won't give in though... it's looking pretty fantastic

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Also anyone who has a POS Switch should grab a hold of this deal:

xbox_One_x_gamestop_trade_in_deal_october.jpg

• 1Worf

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Xbox One X and you are all set Dommer.

I only own a console due to exclusives. Buying an xbox of any sort when I have a great PC is pretty pointless. The few games I know of that are available on it that you can't play on PC simply don't hold any interest for me.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Holy shit, that polygon review gets pretty retarded. White supremacy is brought up. I mean, it's polygon so of course it's retarded, but it's like the dude was hoping for some social justice examination of the old West.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Someone remind me to pick up alcohol on the way home tonight. Bulleit Rye?

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I do like High West also. Might do, might do. Wonder if they have any Sazerac in....

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I've got a nice big pot of cowboy chili going. Some locally made hatch chile queso that is crazy good. Just need to be able to control the stomach and not end up in a food coma.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
So what is the rundown on RDR:Online? I want to run you bitches down in mah stagecoach.

I don't think there's specific details regarding RDR:Online. But I can only assume the basics, customizable character, horses, gang hideouts, bank robberies, saloon sluts? Customizable stagecoaches one day maybe? I can see it happening.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Holy shit, that polygon review gets pretty retarded. White supremacy is brought up. I mean, it's polygon so of course it's retarded, but it's like the dude was hoping for some social justice examination of the old West.

Yeah gamespot review was off too. Then I checked who wrote it, and it was the same lady that wrote the Blops 4 review who stated the Japanese guy in zombies was offensive because he had a Japanese accent and talked about eating sushi. 😜

I mean, they should remember this is a development company who pokes fun at all sides and doesn’t care. Last game you could lasso a hooker in the saloon, tie her to the train tracks, watch a train crush her, and then get an achievement for it. Haha. :).

I love rockstar.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So... turns out you have to even grow your beard. Lol. Also, if you leave a store and come back right away the merchant says “what the hell? You’re back already? What did you forget?”

• 1Like

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
so I’ve got a count down until midnight on my PS4, but for some reason was under the impression I’d be able to play at 9 EST. I guess you can play sooner if you buy the physical copy at the store?