Red Dead Redemption 2

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
so I’ve got a count down until midnight on my PS4, but for some reason was under the impression I’d be able to play at 9 EST. I guess you can play sooner if you buy the physical copy at the store?
Seems so yes. Picking mine up at Best Buy at 9.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I even called to make sure they said yep come on in whenever you just can’t leave the store until 9. Lol. Good marketing ploy for a guy like me. Oh hey what’s that new ... half an hour later RDR2 now includes a elite wireless controller, new headphones and three new 4k hdr movies. 😜

As a side note, my wife is officially awesome. I told her what I was doing tonight and about the game and how detailed it is (she works tonight) and said tomorrow I might want to play more. We are leaving to see Elton John Saturday and coming back from Chicago Sunday and she said “don’t worry I’ll pack so you can run your horse in the snow to watch it’s balls shrink. Be in bed by 12am we have to be to the airport by 8am”.

Lucky dude right here. Lucky dude.

• 8Like
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I’m installing RDR2 with 100+ minutes remaining. AMA.

23728FEA-ED24-4719-9377-21480D15B6EA.jpeg

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Wonder if I'll even notice playing this on a regular Ps4 (with a 4k oled). H:ZD still looked fantastic

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Wonder if I'll even notice playing this on a regular Ps4 (with a 4k oled). H:ZD still looked fantastic

Check out the console comparison video from digital foundry linked earlier. It has its problems, but isn't as bad off as the base xbox version.

• 1Like

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Is this actually dropping to 23fps, because that is beyond unacceptable for an action game.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Got our new tv today.

Sony 55” x800e, not top of line, not bottom of the barrel. 4K HDR ULTRA HD, or so the box says.

Edit: Yes, I got it just for this game.

• 10Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is this actually dropping to 23fps, because that is beyond unacceptable for an action game.
I only saw them mention a drop that low in one specific cutscene. 26-28 fps on the base Xbone would be kind of rough though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Hzd looked damn fantastic! This will probably be the same. HDR makes such a difference.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Sad news bros, I can't start playing until tomorrow morning due to the Gamestop I was picking up from had a fire in their plaza and all stores were closed because of it.

The tears are many and boy are they salty.

Last edited:
  • 4Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Vorph

Damn, I think there'd be rioting if that happened here. Was like a hundred people in line and they were even sounding salty about people like me walking in at 8:55 to the front of the line thanks to the weird way GS saves your place if you show up at 3PM first.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The fire was a distraction, you're supposed to be behind the shop loading the RDR2 boxes into the getaway wagon ya idjit.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Damn, I think there'd be rioting if that happened here. Was like a hundred people in line and they were even sounding salty about people like me walking in at 8:55 to the front of the line thanks to the weird way GS saves your place if you show up at 3PM first.

We counted 147 people here and that was at 8:30. Largest release I’ve seen in some time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Buddy of mine said he hadn’t seen so many people at GameStop for a release since Lich King.

• 3Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I'm about to leave the bar and head to Best Buy. Better have my shit.

• 3Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Sad news bros, I can't start playing until tomorrow morning due to the Gaestop I was picking up from had a fire in their plaza and all stores were closed because of it.

I tears are many and boy are they salty.
Best Buy!

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
In the parking lot. I feel like I am 13. Lol. Let’s see what else I can buy.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like