Red Dead Redemption 2

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Got 'em.

I've survived a frontal pounce by a cougar once, but my health (both the bar and the core) was fortified. I started roaming around with fortified health after that and learned that being pounced from behind they get your jugular and it's a one shot regardless of how much health you have.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Got a bounty while riding the top of a train, wearing my robbery clothing and the executioners mask. I got the hell out of there and after the law was done searching, I switched back to my regular clothes and ditched the mask.
Came back two hours laters, only to have a bunch of bounty hunters spawn, yell "there he is!" and open fire. I'm really, really annoyed how this bounty/robbery system is not working at all.

Enjoying the shit out of this game because there's so many cool things about it, but some of the design choices and mechanics are just baffling.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
It's not you, they looked at how ever game sets their buttons up for the past decade and said, fuck this!

You think with the billions of dollars they made off of GTA they could have made a control scheme that works.

Three times now I've tried to do the train robbery only to fall of the side or die and have to restart 20 mins before that point.

I tried to like it, I really did. how they shipped with these controls is beyond me.

Btw rocktards, square is relaod not circle and x is fucking jump, not crouch. maybe the next game we can control the character with two band saws.

Not only that it's not even uniform controls across the board. Tapping x is sprint on the horse but L3 on foot? Get fucked.

Or how it's triangle to loot except when it's a box then it's triangle to open the box and square to loot?

This control scheme is total aids.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
fuuuuuuuck, I've been looking at some 'tube videos and I don't think I can resist it for much longer... and I just spent over 400 bucks on hdd's this week. I wonder if ps pro is gonna go on xmas sale this year or something

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Isn't the Xbox one X version true 4k? I mean if you lack the console already. I'm playing on a PS4 pro for what its worth

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Or how it's triangle to loot except when it's a box then it's triangle to open the box and square to loot?

This control scheme is total aids.
What? It's square to pick up stuff (including bodies) and open boxes/drawers/cabinets. Triangle is for looting/skinning bodies and closing things you've opened if the drawer/door is in your way. There's plenty of things to criticize about the controls, like circle being reload and square being jump and basically everydamnthing about how L2 works, but the looting controls make sense.

Isn't the Xbox one X version true 4k? I mean if you lack the console already. I'm playing on a PS4 pro for what its worth
It is, but if someone doesn't have either console now it makes a lot more sense to get the one that actually has a library of other exclusives to play on it.

Last edited:

Crone

fuuuuuuuck, I've been looking at some 'tube videos and I don't think I can resist it for much longer... and I just spent over 400 bucks on hdd's this week. I wonder if ps pro is gonna go on xmas sale this year or something
Last year it went on sale for $275, and often times with a store gift card with purchase. So far, nothing from Target, but Gamestop or others might have it on sale. I believe last year, Kohls, of all places had the Pro on sale. Weird store to think about selling video games, but a deal is a deal I guess.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I just went out and bought One X to play this, just wrapping up AC:eek:dyssey on PC and don't want to wait a year plus for this.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Had an glitch last night somewhere in the mountains. Was on a trail when I hear a lady screaming for help and when I get closer, some dude has her hog-tied riding away on horseback. She screams she's being kidnapped so I save her. I remove her from the horse and set her on the ground, so I could remove the ropes, she falls through the world and I receive a dishonor for it. I wanted to restart from a previous save but couldnt being the last time I had saved was like an hour before. It's annoying when you're trying for an honorable run.

Vorph

In keeping with the impressive realism of the rest of the honor and bounty systems, going fishing and throwing back everything you catch easily makes up for a murder spree. Camp chores and repeatedly donating small amounts of money to the camp work well too. You lost 20 honor for "killing" her after saving her, so even just one round of doing all 4 chores at the camp will fix it. I think throwing back a fish is +5 as well.

Once I discovered the fish thing I went back to killing every asshole who gets lippy with me when I roll up on their camp in the wild with a friendly greeting. That's how the wild west ought to be, dammit.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Also if you want to get the dishonor trophy/achievement real quick make a save and go shoot up Valentine for 20 minutes.

Vorph

Once you have a bounty, killing people stops giving dishonor, it just increases the bounty to the cap (varies by chapter).

Crone

Just finished Uncharted 2. Do I start in on this, or move onto Uncharted 3?

Tough decisions Bruh!

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Quite a different experience than Uncharted.

In my last session, while riding along with two other guys, a bird took a massive shit that splattered on one of the guy's hat and shoulder, which was hilarious watching him run around with giant white patches on him. He responded like "what the fuck" but kept riding.

Ran into a random drunk at a campfire who I gave a bottle of whiskey to that told me about his experience putting Native Americans into camps and killing them. Looted him after he passed out and got an Indian slave collar....

Also discovered that if you have a bounty, just avoid roads. Taking roads guarantees getting swarmed by a group of people. I only had a $10 bounty in a couple isolated areas, but then it grew to the entire subsection. Had no idea how that worked until I read this article. Getting into Valentine to the Post Office to pay off a bounty is a real pain in the ass trying to avoid lawmen/bounty hunters.

Red Dead Redemption 2 Bounty and Wanted level - how to pay bounties and lose your wanted level explained

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Just finished Uncharted 2. Do I start in on this, or move onto Uncharted 3?

Tough decisions Bruh!

play both imo. I find RDR2 a game that is fantastic if you play 1-2 hours a day, but it gets a bit oppressive if you try to play long sessions since so much random shit happens all the time when you are out doing stuff, and you also just end up spending so many hours just hunting, playing card games, listening to people, etc. Whereas all the uncharted games (like assassin creed) are pretty straightforward and very linear story driven.

you can pay off bounties at any post office (mailbox icon), so don't need to head to a specific location

Randin

Trakanon Raider
A ways back, I posted on the AC Odyssey thread that I'm at the point where I wish that Ubisoft would put the AC series to bed, and just make unrelated historical titles where you play as an iconic archetype for the time period. This game is just about the epitome of what I was talking about. This game goes beyond being an open-world game set in the Old West to being a straight-up Cowboy Simulator, and I'm loving it.

Now I just need a dozen other games in this vein, in other time periods, where you play as some sort of other historical 'adventurer' archetype. Give me triple-A simulators where you play as a knight errant, and a ronin, a longhunter/frontiersman, a viking, a pirate, and any of the thousands of variations of 'mercenary' that catches a dev's fancy.

I also wouldn't say no to a fantasy game designed like this. A RDR2-style Mage Simulator would be awesome.

Last edited:
  • 3Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I encountered a pretty bad bug. During the last mission of chapter 6, I got to a point where a cutscene started and the scene totally froze. I was able to skip it, or go into the menu. I didn’t want to skip so reloaded the last auto save which put me back at the beginning of the mission about 15-20 minutes earlier at least. I replayed the mission, and game froze at the exact same spot again. I use the skip that time and was able to continue, but I missed a conversation which sucked.

I played Arthur as a good man, sure he steals and kills people but for the most part I played as a decent man, I maxed his honour.

I saw it coming when he started coughing, but when he learns he has tuberculosis, it still hit me hard because you saw where the game would be heading with him.

The thing that really starting hitting home though was scenes here and there. The last mission for Strauss, I ended absolving the debt, and kicked him out the camp.

Then the lady from the first Strauss mission where her husband dies because of you and she ends up becoming a prostitute that I ended helping at the end.

The nun in Saint-Denis who tells you to make the most of the time you have left.

The moment you save Abigail and send her and Sadie away. That fucking ride to the camp after that scene, with the music, and small voiceover of people you helped telling you that you were a good man...such an emotional ride.

The final moment with John, where you tell him to go be with his family.

All of course you dying, abandoned all alone on a mountaintop.

I think someone was peeling onions or something.

Everything about Arthur evolving and being a good man, but him never believing it even if everyone told him he was.

Really spectacular.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity